Official ALCS NY Yankees vs. Texas Rangers Thread (Rangers Lead 3-1)

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

AJ Burnett is to the Yankees as Oliver Perez is to the Mets. He's played his way out of a Yankee uniform with his performance this season especially last night.
See, that's where you're wrong.

Burnett isn't on the level that Perez is on. Ollie refused to go down to Triple A, and because of that, he continued to have horrible starts (even his appearances out of the bullpen). It may have been a mental situation with him all season, it may have been a physical situation, point is, he sucked this season. A.J. had a bad season as well, but it's not expected out of him. He wasn't bad by any means last night in my opinion (Girardi should have noticed he was tiring out by the time Molina came up to bat), considering he hadn't pitched in a meaningful game in weeks.

Burnett, I would like to think, will be fine next season. Players have rough seasons some times, pitchers more often than hitters/fielders. To say his start last night solidified his exit from the Yankees, I don't agree with that.

----------------------

Off to class now, I won't be back on NT until the start of the game (so EB, if you, or anyone else, respond to my post, I'll get back to it later on, don't think I'm ignoring you
laugh.gif
).

DS, I'm not heading to any ALCS games (weekday scheduling doesn't really work out for me) but a few friends of mine went Monday for $130 to sit in the bleachers section 239. A great view of the field right above field level so not bad at all. I went to the ALDS in 239 for like $60.

DS, I'm not heading to any ALCS games (weekday scheduling doesn't really work out for me) but a few friends of mine went Monday for $130 to sit in the bleachers section 239. A great view of the field right above field level so not bad at all. I went to the ALDS in 239 for like $60.

oh yeah that's definitely not bad. too bad im not still in the city...probably go to a game. can't get enough of them garlic fries
laugh.gif

oh yeah that's definitely not bad. too bad im not still in the city...probably go to a game. can't get enough of them garlic fries
laugh.gif

How can anybody have any sort of confidence in A.J. Burnett ever?

Average then, average now (generous). $80 million hasn't changed that.

How can anybody have any sort of confidence in A.J. Burnett ever?

Average then, average now (generous). $80 million hasn't changed that.

I didn't know a team that "sucks" and that's "wack" could be defending champs and playing for a chance to go back to the WS

I didn't know a team that "sucks" and that's "wack" could be defending champs and playing for a chance to go back to the WS

Those garlic fries are ++*+**! crack dude. I had em for the first time during the last game of the regular season, waited in line for like 30 minutes. Well worth the wait. You ever had the steak sandwich? #%@% is golden
laugh.gif

KLJ, the problem is not that we have confidence in him it's the fans throwing out some sort of hope that he'll have that one start that he'll show his amazing arm and stuff that he has and shut down a lineup like he did in the WS last year.

Those garlic fries are ++*+**! crack dude. I had em for the first time during the last game of the regular season, waited in line for like 30 minutes. Well worth the wait. You ever had the steak sandwich? #%@% is golden
laugh.gif

KLJ, the problem is not that we have confidence in him it's the fans throwing out some sort of hope that he'll have that one start that he'll show his amazing arm and stuff that he has and shut down a lineup like he did in the WS last year.

For my boy, Pro.....

Spoiler [+]
Seeing the Yankees struggle APPRECIATION.

pimp.gif

(too soon?)

laugh.gif

For my boy, Pro.....

Spoiler [+]

pimp.gif

(too soon?)

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

For my boy, Pro.....

Spoiler [+]

pimp.gif

(too soon?)

laugh.gif

%!#* you DoubleJs!
indifferent.gif

The Rangers domination aside, this thread has been comedy.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

For my boy, Pro.....

Spoiler [+]

pimp.gif

(too soon?)

laugh.gif

%!#* you DoubleJs!
indifferent.gif

The Rangers domination aside, this thread has been comedy.
laugh.gif

Man some of these posts in here are so childish from both Yankees and whoever fans. Stop whining cause our team is getting beat, you guys sound like sore losers. Big deal people don't like the yankees, I didn't know everyone has to.

But on the other note, it's blowing my mind how most of you people are posting like the series is over. It's not, it's over when it is officially over. Is it so hard to put a 3 game win streak together? NO. It was done in the first round by the yanks, the rangers in the second. Sure the series can end tonight, but if the players act like you guys than damn. Both teams would be silly to act as if the series is over. Hopefully they are professional about it, and play hard

Man some of these posts in here are so childish from both Yankees and whoever fans. Stop whining cause our team is getting beat, you guys sound like sore losers. Big deal people don't like the yankees, I didn't know everyone has to.

But on the other note, it's blowing my mind how most of you people are posting like the series is over. It's not, it's over when it is officially over. Is it so hard to put a 3 game win streak together? NO. It was done in the first round by the yanks, the rangers in the second. Sure the series can end tonight, but if the players act like you guys than damn. Both teams would be silly to act as if the series is over. Hopefully they are professional about it, and play hard

Back
Top Bottom