Official ALCS NY Yankees vs. Texas Rangers Thread (Rangers Lead 3-1)

About the game, can't do anything but give props to the Rangers. Holland did a great job out of the pen, those young arms they have and that they'll have coming up are going to cause hell for the rest of the league for years to come. I'm jealous of their farm.

We did well to get Hunter out but didn't capitalize on our opportunities, plain and simple. Andrus made a huge play at short off Gardner's grounder. We could not take advantage in the 5th and it was all downhill from there. You could have gone to Joba for Molina or even for Murphy but it's just a risk they took that backfired. You'll want Burnett against Molina 10 times out of 10. Burnett just threw a bad pitch as he was depleted. That rally that we couldn't convert on in the 8th just killed me.

Now with Tex out, our defense is pretty %%$++!. Swish isn't as quick at 1B as he was in Oakland or even Chicago and Thames is a DH for a reason. It'll be tough trying to hit CJ today especially with Berkman in the lineup. Some old Houston playoff magic would be appreciated.

At the end of the day, Texas has outplayed us from top to botton in every facet of the game. Their starters have been better in every game, they've hit better with RISP and amazingly have hit the ball great with two outs/two strikes. This team is the exact team that can beat us in 7 games all the time, they pitch well and have two all start left handers, their bullpen is deep and they run and hit for power up and down the lineup.

I still have faith but it's dwindling.

About the game, can't do anything but give props to the Rangers. Holland did a great job out of the pen, those young arms they have and that they'll have coming up are going to cause hell for the rest of the league for years to come. I'm jealous of their farm.

We did well to get Hunter out but didn't capitalize on our opportunities, plain and simple. Andrus made a huge play at short off Gardner's grounder. We could not take advantage in the 5th and it was all downhill from there. You could have gone to Joba for Molina or even for Murphy but it's just a risk they took that backfired. You'll want Burnett against Molina 10 times out of 10. Burnett just threw a bad pitch as he was depleted. That rally that we couldn't convert on in the 8th just killed me.

Now with Tex out, our defense is pretty %%$++!. Swish isn't as quick at 1B as he was in Oakland or even Chicago and Thames is a DH for a reason. It'll be tough trying to hit CJ today especially with Berkman in the lineup. Some old Houston playoff magic would be appreciated.

At the end of the day, Texas has outplayed us from top to botton in every facet of the game. Their starters have been better in every game, they've hit better with RISP and amazingly have hit the ball great with two outs/two strikes. This team is the exact team that can beat us in 7 games all the time, they pitch well and have two all start left handers, their bullpen is deep and they run and hit for power up and down the lineup.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I love seeing New York Yankees fans reveal themselves by not being able to handle the hate for the Bronx Bombers.
roll.gif
laugh.gif

lol @ this. i've been a fan since the 80's. lol @ a red sox fan having to live through the texas rangers wins aganist the yankees just to enjoy the post season. contrary to your belief, NT isn't the end all be all of NYY sports talk on the internet, son.

how typical. instead of naming names you take lil subliminal shots like a female camel. need to handle that and check your estrogen levels.

rangers fans, enjoy your wins. the rangers have outplayed the yankees repeatedly. we just don't have "it" this year but the series still isn't over. there's always a chance.
red sox fans and mets fans i'm not even sure why you're going back and forth with either team in this thread other than doing it out of spite.

I love seeing New York Yankees fans reveal themselves by not being able to handle the hate for the Bronx Bombers.
roll.gif
laugh.gif

lol @ this. i've been a fan since the 80's. lol @ a red sox fan having to live through the texas rangers wins aganist the yankees just to enjoy the post season. contrary to your belief, NT isn't the end all be all of NYY sports talk on the internet, son.

how typical. instead of naming names you take lil subliminal shots like a female camel. need to handle that and check your estrogen levels.

rangers fans, enjoy your wins. the rangers have outplayed the yankees repeatedly. we just don't have "it" this year but the series still isn't over. there's always a chance.
red sox fans and mets fans i'm not even sure why you're going back and forth with either team in this thread other than doing it out of spite.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Said like a Pro(shares)
grin.gif

Coming into the series, I truly thought the Yankees were the better team. On paper, with postseason experience, etc. The Rangers have just one-uped the Yankees in every aspect of the game. Pitching and situational hitting. The confidence is still lingering because C.C. is on the mound (despite not pitching well as of late, he's our ace, he'll find ways to pitch well), but like Proshares said, it's dwindling.

And to people blaming Burnett, yeah, he threw the pitch to Molina, but in my opinion (and I'm sure the opinion of many others), he should have been out of that game at that point. If you're going to play the blame game, blame Girardi. Also blame the offense for the lack of situational hitting. The pitching was there, surprisingly, from Burnett, the rest of the team/offense, not so much.

Said like a Pro(shares)
grin.gif

Coming into the series, I truly thought the Yankees were the better team. On paper, with postseason experience, etc. The Rangers have just one-uped the Yankees in every aspect of the game. Pitching and situational hitting. The confidence is still lingering because C.C. is on the mound (despite not pitching well as of late, he's our ace, he'll find ways to pitch well), but like Proshares said, it's dwindling.

And to people blaming Burnett, yeah, he threw the pitch to Molina, but in my opinion (and I'm sure the opinion of many others), he should have been out of that game at that point. If you're going to play the blame game, blame Girardi. Also blame the offense for the lack of situational hitting. The pitching was there, surprisingly, from Burnett, the rest of the team/offense, not so much.

some of you Yankee fans taking this to seriously. you know damn well if it was the other way around and the Yankees were winning the series that you would be talking trash to all the Ranger fans about losing.

thought I'd put this here instead of a new thread. sorry fo the long read.

1020_housedivided_metro.ART_GBI15O8KP.1+Family_Baseball_Dispute_3.thumb.prod_affiliate.58.jpg

For Rangers wife and Yankees husband in Arlington, home is where the heat is
Posted Tuesday, Oct. 19, 2010 5 Comments Print Share Buzz up!Reprints
Topics: American League West, Sports, New York Yankees, Don Larsen

ARLINGTON -- Abe Lincoln was wrong.

A house divided against itself can stand -- at least it has so far through the American League Championship Series.

Darrell and Judi Herrera are baseball fans.

He worships the New York Yankees.

She is devoted to the Texas Rangers.

The binding promises that they made when they married 30 years ago included loving each other for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, but their vows didn't address the possibility that the Yankees and Rangers would meet in a best-of-seven series with the winner going to the World Series.

Consequently, their happy home has become a battleground.

"It's on at our house!" Darrell said in what sounds like an unambiguous declaration of war.

A New York native, Darrell fired the first shot when he nailed the letters NY onto one door of their two-car garage and decorated it with Yankee pinstripes.

When Judi saw that her husband had defaced what divorce lawyers call community property, she immediately covered the other door with a red plastic tablecloth and put up a parking sign that reads, "Texas Rangers Fans Only."

Inspired, she didn't stop there.

Judi made another sign: "Anybody can win with a $200 million payroll, but we can win even while we're bankrupt!"

She also placed a greeting on the front door.

"Ranger fans welcome," it says. "Yankee fans barely tolerated."

A collective groan filled the Herrera home last week when Judi and about 25 neighborhood Ranger fans watched Game 1 on the couple's big-screen television.

The Rangers led 5-1 after seven innings.

"It ain't over till it's over," Darrell warned the other partiers, quoting Yankee great Yogi Berra.

The Yankees rallied for a 6-5 victory.

Texas won Games 2, 3 and 4.
Game 5 starts at 3:07 p.m. today.

Perhaps Judi should have known that one day it might come to this. While dating Darrell in high school in Copperas Cove, she visited the Herrera home. Darrell and her father were watching Game 5 of the 1976 ALCS between the Yankees and Kansas City Royals.

She knew Darrell liked the Yankees. He had become a fan at age 8 after seeing the 1942 movie Pride of the Yankees, starring Gary Cooper as Lou Gehrig. But Judi didn't realize how emotionally attached her boyfriend was to the Bronx Bombers until Chris Chambliss hit a solo home run in the bottom of the ninth inning and New York clinched its first pennant in 12 years.

Darrell, then 16, jumped into his elated father's open arms.

"Like Yogi and Larsen," Darrell said, referring to the Yankees' Don Larsen, who pitched a perfect game in the 1956 World Series.

After marrying, the Herreras started a family. They took their young sons to see the Yankees play the Rangers in Arlington. Judy dressed John in Rangers gear; Darrell dressed Ryan in Yankees colors.

Now Darrell is hoping he can indoctrinate their grandson Alex.

When he was a year old, Darrell took him to Rangers Ballpark and bought him a Yankees cap and T-shirt. Between innings, Judi marched to the team shop and exchanged the merchandise for Rangers red and blue.

Now Alex is 4.

Last week, Darrell pulled his truck into the driveway and stopped in front of the garage door decorated with pinstripes.

"Grandpa," the child said, "you parked on the wrong side."

It was music to Judi's ears.

some of you Yankee fans taking this to seriously. you know damn well if it was the other way around and the Yankees were winning the series that you would be talking trash to all the Ranger fans about losing.

thought I'd put this here instead of a new thread. sorry fo the long read.

1020_housedivided_metro.ART_GBI15O8KP.1+Family_Baseball_Dispute_3.thumb.prod_affiliate.58.jpg

For Rangers wife and Yankees husband in Arlington, home is where the heat is
Posted Tuesday, Oct. 19, 2010 5 Comments Print Share Buzz up!Reprints
Topics: American League West, Sports, New York Yankees, Don Larsen

ARLINGTON -- Abe Lincoln was wrong.

A house divided against itself can stand -- at least it has so far through the American League Championship Series.

Darrell and Judi Herrera are baseball fans.

He worships the New York Yankees.

She is devoted to the Texas Rangers.

The binding promises that they made when they married 30 years ago included loving each other for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, but their vows didn't address the possibility that the Yankees and Rangers would meet in a best-of-seven series with the winner going to the World Series.

Consequently, their happy home has become a battleground.

"It's on at our house!" Darrell said in what sounds like an unambiguous declaration of war.

A New York native, Darrell fired the first shot when he nailed the letters NY onto one door of their two-car garage and decorated it with Yankee pinstripes.

When Judi saw that her husband had defaced what divorce lawyers call community property, she immediately covered the other door with a red plastic tablecloth and put up a parking sign that reads, "Texas Rangers Fans Only."

Inspired, she didn't stop there.

Judi made another sign: "Anybody can win with a $200 million payroll, but we can win even while we're bankrupt!"

She also placed a greeting on the front door.

"Ranger fans welcome," it says. "Yankee fans barely tolerated."

A collective groan filled the Herrera home last week when Judi and about 25 neighborhood Ranger fans watched Game 1 on the couple's big-screen television.

The Rangers led 5-1 after seven innings.

"It ain't over till it's over," Darrell warned the other partiers, quoting Yankee great Yogi Berra.

The Yankees rallied for a 6-5 victory.

Texas won Games 2, 3 and 4.
Game 5 starts at 3:07 p.m. today.

Perhaps Judi should have known that one day it might come to this. While dating Darrell in high school in Copperas Cove, she visited the Herrera home. Darrell and her father were watching Game 5 of the 1976 ALCS between the Yankees and Kansas City Royals.

She knew Darrell liked the Yankees. He had become a fan at age 8 after seeing the 1942 movie Pride of the Yankees, starring Gary Cooper as Lou Gehrig. But Judi didn't realize how emotionally attached her boyfriend was to the Bronx Bombers until Chris Chambliss hit a solo home run in the bottom of the ninth inning and New York clinched its first pennant in 12 years.

Darrell, then 16, jumped into his elated father's open arms.

"Like Yogi and Larsen," Darrell said, referring to the Yankees' Don Larsen, who pitched a perfect game in the 1956 World Series.

After marrying, the Herreras started a family. They took their young sons to see the Yankees play the Rangers in Arlington. Judy dressed John in Rangers gear; Darrell dressed Ryan in Yankees colors.

Now Darrell is hoping he can indoctrinate their grandson Alex.

When he was a year old, Darrell took him to Rangers Ballpark and bought him a Yankees cap and T-shirt. Between innings, Judi marched to the team shop and exchanged the merchandise for Rangers red and blue.

Now Alex is 4.

Last week, Darrell pulled his truck into the driveway and stopped in front of the garage door decorated with pinstripes.

"Grandpa," the child said, "you parked on the wrong side."

It was music to Judi's ears.

Originally Posted by debs 168

roll.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Didnt know I wasnt allowed to enjoy baseball unless my team was in it. News to me #Kayneshrug.

Originally Posted by debs 168

roll.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Didnt know I wasnt allowed to enjoy baseball unless my team was in it. News to me #Kayneshrug.

Originally Posted by manny1

Check out the threads from last year with the Twins, Angels and Phillies.  The only ones who got that kind of treatment from the regulars in the NYY thread are the ones who came in declaring that they won the series already and that the Yanks had no chance.  You have dudes coming out of the woodworks talking reckless for no reason when it comes to the Yanks, although it's expected.  The ones humble and giving props in defeat do the same thing when we win and I can vouch for every one of those dudes.  We only talk %*%! with the regulars we see posting all year like SKA or DSA/AIF or Dirk or JPZ or nnarum (
nerd.gif
) and that's all in good fun because we post back and forth arguing all the time.  But trust me, not all Yankee fans are like the %@# holes who post as you're describing.

Sorry, needed to get that out there.

Originally Posted by manny1

Check out the threads from last year with the Twins, Angels and Phillies.  The only ones who got that kind of treatment from the regulars in the NYY thread are the ones who came in declaring that they won the series already and that the Yanks had no chance.  You have dudes coming out of the woodworks talking reckless for no reason when it comes to the Yanks, although it's expected.  The ones humble and giving props in defeat do the same thing when we win and I can vouch for every one of those dudes.  We only talk %*%! with the regulars we see posting all year like SKA or DSA/AIF or Dirk or JPZ or nnarum (
nerd.gif
) and that's all in good fun because we post back and forth arguing all the time.  But trust me, not all Yankee fans are like the %@# holes who post as you're describing.

Sorry, needed to get that out there.

But trust me, not all Yankee fans are like the %@# holes who post as you're describing.
I don't know what is worse, people assuming all Yankee fans are alike, or the Mets fans on Facebook updating their statuses throughout the game(s) with "Lol at the Yankees they suck!!" or "Way to **%$%+% go Burnett, that's what a $200 Million payroll gets you!" or last night, for instance, "Bengie Molina <3".

I for one know for a fact that I would not bother making statuses if the Mets were in this position and the Yankees weren't. Hell, I don't even think I would watch the game. Well, maybe I would because I am fan of baseball, but wouldn't pay attention to it where I am going to sit and make posts/comments about it hating on the Mets. I don't hate the Mets, I just don't have any care for them.

But trust me, not all Yankee fans are like the %@# holes who post as you're describing.
I don't know what is worse, people assuming all Yankee fans are alike, or the Mets fans on Facebook updating their statuses throughout the game(s) with "Lol at the Yankees they suck!!" or "Way to **%$%+% go Burnett, that's what a $200 Million payroll gets you!" or last night, for instance, "Bengie Molina <3".

I for one know for a fact that I would not bother making statuses if the Mets were in this position and the Yankees weren't. Hell, I don't even think I would watch the game. Well, maybe I would because I am fan of baseball, but wouldn't pay attention to it where I am going to sit and make posts/comments about it hating on the Mets. I don't hate the Mets, I just don't have any care for them.

It's bad enough you root for a basketball team in Memphis and a CFB team in Florida, now you giving
pimp.gif
's to Texas players?

I am disappoint.

It's bad enough you root for a basketball team in Memphis and a CFB team in Florida, now you giving
pimp.gif
's to Texas players?

I am disappoint.

pimp.gif
's to Texas players?

I am disappoint.
laugh.gif

I'm no Yankee fan by any means (Mets 
pimp.gif
ohwell.gif
) but its absolutely stupid for people to say that they buy championships and can't win with a $200 million payroll. You want to penalize the Yankees for being in the best media market in the world and having an owner that cares about winning? FOH. Any bottom of the barrel team and its fans would trade positions with the Yanks or Sawx or Mets (to a lesser extent) in an instant.

AJ Burnett is to the Yankees as Oliver Perez is to the Mets. He's played his way out of a Yankee uniform with his performance this season especially last night.

pimp.gif
's to Texas players?

I am disappoint.
laugh.gif

I'm no Yankee fan by any means (Mets 
pimp.gif
ohwell.gif
) but its absolutely stupid for people to say that they buy championships and can't win with a $200 million payroll. You want to penalize the Yankees for being in the best media market in the world and having an owner that cares about winning? FOH. Any bottom of the barrel team and its fans would trade positions with the Yanks or Sawx or Mets (to a lesser extent) in an instant.

AJ Burnett is to the Yankees as Oliver Perez is to the Mets. He's played his way out of a Yankee uniform with his performance this season especially last night.

those of you who have been going to the games in NY, how much y'all been paying? just curious, and where y'all been sitting?

those of you who have been going to the games in NY, how much y'all been paying? just curious, and where y'all been sitting?

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

See, that's where you're wrong.

Burnett isn't on the level that Perez is on. Ollie refused to go down to Triple A, and because of that, he continued to have horrible starts (even his appearances out of the bullpen). It may have been a mental situation with him all season, it may have been a physical situation, point is, he sucked this season. A.J. had a bad season as well, but it's not expected out of him. He wasn't bad by any means last night in my opinion (Girardi should have noticed he was tiring out by the time Molina came up to bat), considering he hadn't pitched in a meaningful game in weeks.

Burnett, I would like to think, will be fine next season. Players have rough seasons some times, pitchers more often than hitters/fielders. To say his start last night solidified his exit from the Yankees, I don't agree with that.

----------------------

Off to class now, I won't be back on NT until the start of the game (so EB, if you, or anyone else, respond to my post, I'll get back to it later on, don't think I'm ignoring you
laugh.gif
).

Back
Top Bottom