Official Air Max 97 Thread

Did not expect these to sell out so fast, but Nike is smart dropping them in italy only to spark interest and get people watching i guess. I tried grabing on Kith but it seemed like once they tweeted they were already sold out lol. 

Did not expect these to sell out so fast, but Nike is smart dropping them in italy only to spark interest and get people watching i guess.

This has Gentry written all over it. Since he left JB and went to the Sportswear division, things have been "limited" and harder to acquire. He is using the same business model JB was on before he left. Limit production, gain interest, focus on increasing profit by starving the public with what they want.

Did not expect these to sell out so fast, but Nike is smart dropping them in italy only to spark interest and get people watching i guess.

This has Gentry written all over it. Since he left JB and went to the Sportswear division, things have been "limited" and harder to acquire. He is using the same business model JB was on before he left. Limit production, gain interest, focus on increasing profit by starving the public with what they want.

didnt know Gentry went over to NSW.

when did this happen?

laugh.gif
Gentry is a real hero and Nike MVP

Gonna try and pick up a pair in Canada.  Hopefully they won't be too hyped up here, but I'm not crossing any fingers.

didnt know Gentry went over to NSW.

when did this happen?

I want to say 2 maybe 3 years ago? I'm sure you've noticed the increased production of Jordans since he left. And how "easy" they have been to get. (Vs. How it was when he was there.)

So crazy these are selling so quickly...a couple years back when they dropped they went on clearance for the longest time. I even remember End having them on clearance for a couple months before selling out. All of a sudden people want them?

So crazy these are selling so quickly...a couple years back when they dropped they went on clearance for the longest time. I even remember End having them on clearance for a couple months before selling out. All of a sudden people want them?

Remember I figure 75-85 % of the people who bought these are resellers

Damn i didnt know the hype for the silver 97s were this real....smh
I had a rough time selling my 2012 sample 97s when i first got them lol and now theyre beat as hell. Wow...all it took for these to build hype was by having nike put on QS on the box tag

No one give in to these crazy resale prices , let me have to sit on them , $500 for a pair of sneakers I bought last time for $79 SMH these resellers are out of touch

Has everywhere dropped in the US that is going to do so? looked like most places released their stock yesterday.

I WISH GENTRY WOULD JUST DISAPPEAR ALREADY.. BEEN ******* UP THE SHOE GAME FOR A DECADE
indifferent.gif

Damn i didnt know the hype for the silver 97s were this real....smh
I had a rough time selling my 2012 sample 97s when i first got them lol and now theyre beat as hell. Wow...all it took for these to build hype was by having nike put on QS on the box tag

They aren't I refuse to believe so. Kith sold out online for $170 a pop (UNREAL) Imma slide by the BK location on Thursday to see if they have some left.

I'm homing this turns out to be just like the Air Tech Challenge 2 that came out a couple years ago in the hot lava colorway. It came out labeled as a QS and only launched at boutiques for a bit then a small NDC release. 

Then a couple months later the streets were flooded and they were in Factory stores for 30 bucks. 

The wife wanted a pair so i figured it should be a breeze, cant believe how fast these went!

Back
Top Bottom