Official Air Max 97 Thread

I'm anti-paying-resell on most everything.

These gold jawns has me reconsidering whether to make an exception to the rule.

SBs were my first ever resale cop, so I can't be critical. Doubled up later at retail, but wanted to guarantee myself one pair before launch.

Sus how? That's only $50 over retail... and less than resale is gonna be.

You didn't think they would secure a pair for you for free did you? [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Of course not.

The low price and non guarantee doesn't inspire confidence.

You would feel more confident if the price was higher? This has to be a first.

It'd give you no pause if you saw a seemingly in-demand shoe for a lower than expected price?

In-demand + box price of $160 + listing price of $210 makes me think twice about relying on that seller.

Selling a hyped sneaker for seemingly no profit doesn't pass muster with me.

However, I concede that I don't know how much the seller actually paid/will pay.

Not arguing to pay more, just using some reasonable judgement.

Could be legit, just not an avenue I'd like to explore personally.

Positive vibes to anyone who's copped from them.

Not saying it's a scam but a lot of those pre sale guys will pull the bait & switch on you....

yeah 225$ or whatever is a few bucks on top of retail so the profit margins seems slim for them and you ask yourself "why go to all the trouble of copping a sz run, making the listing on eBay, shipping out each shoe etc etc when you only stand to gain 30$ profit per pair?"

Here's the catch....

they have another account that they'll sell the shoes on for close to 300$ or more on/after release day....

they take your $ now @225$ a pair and then refund you once they've used your $ to finance their supply

list them all higher on the second account and no one is the wiser.

It'd give you no pause if you saw a seemingly in-demand shoe for a lower than expected price?

In-demand + box price of $160 + listing price of $210 makes me think twice about relying on that seller.

Selling a hyped sneaker for seemingly no profit doesn't pass muster with me.

However, I concede that I don't know how much the seller actually paid/will pay.

Not arguing to pay more, just using some reasonable judgement.

Could be legit, just not an avenue I'd like to explore personally.

Positive vibes to anyone who's copped from them.

As a buyer... Why would you preorder for the resale price when you can just try for yourself at retail? And then if you don't hit you still have the resale price

what would be the point of a preorder?? Serves no purpose

But as a seller... with a preorder price slightly lower than resale you will sell way more preorders

Sure it's only $40 profit or so but 10 preorders you already profit $400 all for just running your bot

And then make more after the release by selling pairs for resale to the people who were too paranoid to lock in a preorder with you

It's quite simple actually

Not saying it's a scam but a lot of those pre sale guys will pull the bait & switch on you....

yeah 225$ or whatever is a few bucks on top of retail so the profit margins seems slim for them and you ask yourself "why go to all the trouble of copping a sz run, making the listing on eBay, shipping out each shoe etc etc when you only stand to gain 30$ profit per pair?"

Here's the catch....

they have another account that they'll sell the shoes on for close to 300$ or more on/after release day....

they take your $ now @225$ a pair and then refund you once they've used your $ to finance their supply

list them all higher on the second account and no one is the wiser.

This is exactly what I was inferring.

Good as a buyer is you want to take a gamble, but have realistic expectations and a backup plan.

As a buyer... Why would you preorder for the resale price when you can just try for yourself at retail? And then if you don't hit you still have the resale price

what would be the point of a preorder?? Serves no purpose

But as a seller... with a preorder price slightly lower than resale you will sell way more preorders

Sure it's only $40 profit or so but 10 preorders you already profit $400 all for just running your bot

And then make more after the release by selling pairs for resale to the people who were too paranoid to lock in a preorder with you

It's quite simple actually

I see your point.

Still skeptical, but I concede this could be the case.

Hey I'm just giving a viable scenario for how some of this stuff goes down.

not throwing any shade in anyone's direction but I've had preorders refunded and then seen the same seller w/my size a day later for 100$+ what I was refunded.

No stress this will be able EZ drop

Why on Earth would you preorder lol

Last edited:
People pre order because there are sellers out here who are reliable and people just want the shoe and they don't want to go through the trouble/ go through what it takes to cop at retail

I saw a review saying the golds fit larger than the silvers.  Anybody have any insight? 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom