Official Air Max 97 Thread

Im not believing the Golds will be harder to get until we get more info.. this is how hype builds and the reason why the first italy release was a zillion dollars... wait game scrong.

golds will be hard to come by.

looking like it's snkrs & boutiques only come next Thursday.

L on deck for that *****

Maybe a wider release later down the line? If I strike out, I might go after the Gold AMP, I gotta watch that video again though and see how they really look.

Is this sort of variation between pairs normal? One pair purchased from JD in April and the other from GOAT before April. (They seem to be from different production runs. Subtext: Is the GOAT pair legit?!?) The more recent pair definitely seems better! 

View media item 2431279

golds will be hard to come by.

looking like it's snkrs & boutiques only come next Thursday.

L on deck for that *****
Yup, I'll try. If not, I'll decide if I should go for some Atmos' or another pair of Pinnacles lol

Is this sort of variation between pairs normal? One pair purchased from JD in April and the other from GOAT before April. (They seem to be from different production runs. Subtext: Is the GOAT pair legit?!?) The more recent pair definitely seems better! 

View media item 2431279
they are both legit, but after the first production run Nike decided to change factory in vietnam, so the 2017 pair is from a different factory in vietnam than the 12/12/16 pair, the shape from the bottom pair is a lil bit crappy compared to the top pair imo

Last edited:
they are both legit, but after the first production run Nike decided to change factory in vietnam, so the 2017 pair is from a different factory in vietnam than the 12/12/16 pair, the shape from the bottom pair is a lil bit crappy compared to the top pair imo

Interesting. Thanks for the insight. Other differences that one can't see in the photo are that the white midsole looks more painted (vs flat, if that makes sense) in the newer pair and the older one has a not insignificant glue stain than runs from the white midsole over the air bubble on the inside of the right shoe. Of course, only I will notice it, so whatever. Overall quality and attention to detail just seem better on the 2017 pair vs the 2016 one.

Last edited:
Interesting. Thanks for the insight.
you're welcome
wink.gif

Spots will probably get them just the same... They are labeled a QS. Then again SB's were labeled the same way and they showed up on the launch locator..

"Stay patient my friends" *most interesting man in the world voice* i have a feeling come next week the golds will be on a lot of sites...

Back
Top Bottom