Official Air Jordan IV white/varsity red RELEASE THREAD 8/4/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Will you be buying the white/varsity red IV's?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
REMINDER:

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO BUYING-SELLING-TRADING ALLOWED IN THIS FORUM.
DO NOT POST THAT YOU'RE WILLING TO BUY,  SELL OR TRADE. PERIOD! PRICE ISN'T THE ISSUE. IT'S STILL A VIOLATION IF YOU'RE SELLING FOR RETAIL OR LESS OR EVEN TO SHIP.​
 ​
THIS INCLUDES REQUESTS/OFFERS TO SPLIT COMBO PACKS.​
 ​
DO NOT POST THAT YOU'RE WILLING TO DO PICKUPS AT A STORE OR THAT YOU NEED SOMEONE TO PICK SOMETHING UP. EVEN IF YOU'RE SELLING FOR THE PRICE OF WHAT YOU PAID FOR, IT'S STILL A VIOLATION SINCE A TRANSACTION WOULD NEED TO TAKE PLACE BETWEEN YOU AND SOMEONE ELSE.​
 ​
DO NOT POST LIVE AUCTION LINKS/LISTINGS. TOO MANY PEOPLE PROMOTING THEIR OWN AUCTIONS IS THE MAIN REASON WHY WE FROWN ON THIS BUT YOU ALSO DON'T WANT TO BLOW UP SOMEONE'S CHANCES AT AN AUCTION THEY WERE WATCHING.​
 ​
DO NOT POST STOCKPILE/STOCKROOM PHOTOS. (PICTURES OF MULTIPLE PAIRS/SIZES)THIS OBVIOUS ATTEMPT TO SELL WILL NO LONGER BE TOLERATED, ESPECIALLY IF IT'S COUPLED WITH A  "FOR SALE" SIGNATURE! POSTS WITH THESE TYPES OF PHOTOS WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT WARNING.​
 ​
IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO HELP SOMEONE, PLEASE KEEP IT THRU PM'S OR USE THE BUY/SELL FORUMS. ANY MENTION OF ANY TYPE OF EXCHANGE ON THE BOARD MAY LEAD TO A SUSPENSION.​
 ​
POSTING LINKS/INFO TO ONLINE STORES IS OKAY.​
 ​
POSTING THE ADDRESS OR PHONE NUMBERS TO STORES IS OKAY.​
 ​
USING YOUR SIGNATURE TO BUY/SELL/TRADE IS OKAY AS LONG AS YOU'RE NOT "SIG CHECKING" AND POSTING WITH THE INTENT TO PROMOTE YOUR SIG.​
 ​
REMEMBER, IT'S OKAY TO HELP EACH OTHER OUT AS LONG AS YOU'RE DOING IT IN THE APPROPRIATE WAY.​

I finally got my two pairs in from Nikestore.com. One came yesterday and the other came today. Both have multiple flaws on them. 
mad.gif
  I brought the issue up with the Nike Chat feature and the first customer service rep wouldn't do anything! They told me to return the shoes for a full refund. I told them I've been waiting awhile (literally since it took almost two weeks for delivery) for these shoes to release and I wanted a non defect replacement, not a refund. I don't know how you guys so easily got them to drop 20% promo codes AND free upgraded shipping? 
mean.gif
  Maybe they gave away too many 20% discounts and got in trouble with the bigwigs at Corporate. Oh well...leaning on keeping the least defective pairs and sending the others back. These are one of my favorite colorways too. Such a shame.

how does 2012 jordan iv white/varisty red compare to the jordan iv mars 2006?

sorry if it has been answered. if it was answered, lead me to the post (ty)

Do these have that "twenty twelve" message inside on the tongue like the WC4's and Cav 4's?

Do these have that "twenty twelve" message inside on the tongue like the WC4's and Cav 4's?
Yes it does
how does 2012 jordan iv white/varisty red compare to the jordan iv mars 2006?
sorry if it has been answered. if it was answered, lead me to the post (ty)
Quality is similar. The leather is worse and easier to crease but the midsole is better and shouldnt chip as easily

Well my pair from NDC came in to say. Sadly they are hella creased both shoes :\. What's worse is I go look at both pairs of my ds Cement IVs and they're flawless. I really like this c/w but debating whether to send back. Did ya'll get a discount code for complaining about the quality? Cuz I'll take a coupon code to ease my pain lol.
Here's my pair:

Look like you got a pair that was tried on and then returned by another customer...

how does the creasing of the shoe have anything to do with quality?.....shoes crease naturally, hard leather like the wc4s and fire reds are NOT my cup of tea lmao i wud rather have really nice leather like the militarys

lol there is a size 12 & 14 just setting on the shelve today at the nex today. Things are creased to death, I wouldnt be suprised it if hits the sales rack

We can talk all day about the quality control etc associated with this release, but one positive about this shoe is it's madd comfortable. I've been wearing one of my two pair (the unsavory pair) and it's one of the most comfortable retros I've picked up in the last couple years. The downside, we all know, this IV just happens to show its wear immediately...

Last edited:
My Eastbay pair just arrived. The box came damaged and the midsole paint is already cracked.

Last edited:
A lot of ppl are complaining about the creases ... man I just got mine in the mail from Footlocker and I was pretty disappointed. Oh well on the feet they GO !!!!!!

damn comfort on this is not there. might have to break it in though. will post pics of creases later. It doesn't really bother me as i have come to accept it

Look like you got a pair that was tried on and then returned by another customer...
And the worst part is that is not even the worst. Some shoes I have seen looks like the factory workers had a ballet recital while wearing the shoe, put it back on the box, used it as a place to sit, then shipped em

That's good to hear. I don't mind pre-creases and glue stains, but a pre-cracked/chipped midsole fresh out the box? Back they go! :smh:
Damn, I would swear you got my first pair cuz of all the dents in the midsole, but that was a finishline pair. Sorry to hear.
This release has truly been a hassle, with many of buying multiple pairs to keep the least ****** up one..... :smh:

i know that this is the FR4 thread, just letting u know about my mil 4 as a comparison.
just unDSed them, 1 hour of wearing and they look like this..

but they are waaaaaayy more comfortable than the WC4.
the 'leather' is softer so they flexes more.
oh, and im not complaining :smile:

do you buy shoes that are bigger than your actual size? I would think the creasing would be higher up towards the mesh/net area.

That's good to hear. I don't mind pre-creases and glue stains, but a pre-cracked/chipped midsole fresh out the box? Back they go! :smh:

We apologize for the condition you received your pair in. Please feel free to PM us with your customer and order number for assistance with the return.

EastbayRep - Ryan

Just walked into Champs at Deerbrook mall here in Htown and there was a 9.5 on the wall. Im assuming they were a return to still be sitting there. I bought em with the quickness. No flaws. :D

I'm too OCD, so all my boxes gotta say 11 on the tag.
:lol:
Its true.
:rolleyes
But most, if not all of my shoes, fit TTS in my opinion.

Thats whats crazy. A 9 fits me perfect on the MB IVs, but a pair of 99 IVs fits me perfect in a 9.5. The 99's in a 9.5 feel tight around the front of my foot. What Ive noticed on both shoes is that the recent IVs, along with a lot of other retros feel hollow inside, meaning that the padding inside and around the front of the foot has been skimmed. These retros used to fit like gloves, and the more and more JB continues to cut, the bigger the shoe feels.

Back
Top Bottom