Official Air Jordan IV white/varsity red RELEASE THREAD 8/4/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Will you be buying the white/varsity red IV's?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
^unDSing my Militaries to get tatted up in a week from sunday. I knew that would be the case so I waited for a reason to unDS.

Do you get shoes that are snug/too tight or do you give your toes room to breathe?

they fit perfect imo. i had the 04's in the mars and the mils and they didnt crease like that. especially after 1 wear. i wore my mars to work, desk job, and worked on my car a bit and didnt get the crease that i got in these new IVs.

Mars and Mili released in 2006 not 2004.

Can I get spike lees face off the back of the shoes with rubbing alcohol?

Hell naw, you'll strip the white paint right off. Use some shoe leather white paint and dab it off, if you really cant stand it. I'd say keep it, cuz its not that bad.

^unDSing my Militaries to get tatted up in a week from sunday. I knew that would be the case so I waited for a reason to unDS.

Do you get shoes that are snug/too tight or do you give your toes room to breathe?

they fit perfect imo. i had the 04's in the mars and the mils and they didnt crease like that. especially after 1 wear. i wore my mars to work, desk job, and worked on my car a bit and didnt get the crease that i got in these new IVs.

Mars and Mili released in 2006 not 2004.

meh... so many shoes these days, i could care less about the dates to be honest.

thanks tho.

I've worn my reds a few times..I don't walk to prevent creases and being flat footed my shoes stretch out easily...That being said they show no signs of wear and I went my true size unlike other fours.

^ the mars 4's from 06 had other problems. The midsole was rock hard. And the paint chipped like crazy after a couple wears. Also, it had a nasty banana shape. and mars ugly mug on the side.

It did however have thicker leather, which is probably why they didn't crease as easy.

I'd rather have the 2012 anyday.

All of the 2012 4's have been leaps and bounds more comfortable than the 4's that came out from 2006 - CDP

Don't know if this has been said already but..... We shouldn't pray that we get a descent quality pair of shoes from JB after paying $170+ shame on them... I don't pray that I get a good pair of Adizero Rose's
mean.gif
i didnt pray. i actually got my pair with the intent to beat the snot out of them. somehow in the mix . i got a nearly flawless pair. They are DS'ed now, sadly. seems like doesnt give anyone what they want.

When in doubt, stay true to size. Seriously.
lol no. When in doubt a half size down. The shoe will eventually stretch. if it is too tight. Better than having loose shoes. Wish I went a half size down on the WCIVs
I get a 13 in every shoe I ever get, and it never feels too uncomfortable or the compensation is minimal, no matter if the shoe runs big, TTS, or small.

Unless the company recommends going a whole size up or down, you should never have to get a whole size difference. I've never had to do this in my life.

Honestly, the point is I think some people actually don't know their shoe size at all. Thus, all the confusion! You see what I'm saying?

Last edited:
Check out my Sz 12 Varisty Reds I haven't even tried on yet. This **** is sad I paid $175 4 em.  

LOOK AT THE TOEBOX ^^^^^^^^ WTF

I get a 13 in every shoe I ever get, and it never feels too uncomfortable or the compensation is minimal, no matter if the shoe runs big, TTS, or small.

Unless the company recommends going a whole size up or down, you should never have to get a whole size difference. I've never had to do this in my life.

Honestly, the point is I think some people actually don't know their shoe size at all. Thus, all the confusion! You see what I'm saying?
I know my shoe size. The militaries are the only ones that fit TTS this year. 11.5 and it was snug (I like my shoes snug). 11.5 was too big for the WCs so I got 11 for the Cavs, which fit how I like them. Then I got the Fire Reds in a size 11. Better to be safe than sorry if you hate loose shoes. I thought it would fit like the WCs and the Militaries. A half size down and it was still too big! I returned them and ordered a 10.5, a little tighter than I like it but still not too tight. There is no way I have three different shoe sizes. (keep in mind my TRUE shoe size is 12 is a 12 to give my toes some room, I just like my shoes too tight)

I lined up for two of these releases, everyone was saying they got a half size down on all releases cept the militaries. The whole world can't possibly not know their shoe size.

On top of that, this was the second shoe I had to go a WHOLE size down on this year. The Olympic VIs had way too much room after a half size down. I had to look for someone to size trade with, and if he flakes me, like the last guy did twice, I will have to search again.
I will get the Charcoals in a 10.5 too, cuz I am tired of dealing with half size downs being too big.

Is it so hard to just keep all shoes in one brand the same size?

I'm too OCD, so all my boxes gotta say 11 on the tag.

:lol:

Its true.

:rolleyes

But most, if not all of my shoes, fit TTS in my opinion.

Last edited:
And also the weird thing is the width feels fine a half size down but the amount of room you have in your toebox is ridiculous. A whole size down the toebox fits how I want it to, but the width is too tight.

I know my shoe size. The militaries are the only ones that fit TTS this year. 11.5 and it was snug (I like my shoes snug). 11.5 was too big for the WCs so I got 11 for the Cavs, which fit how I like them. Then I got the Fire Reds in a size 11. Better to be safe than sorry if you hate loose shoes. I thought it would fit like the WCs and the Militaries. A half size down and it was still too big! I returned them and ordered a 10.5, a little tighter than I like it but still not too tight. There is no way I have three different shoe sizes. (keep in mind my TRUE shoe size is 12 is a 12 to give my toes some room, I just like my shoes too tight)

I lined up for two of these releases, everyone was saying they got a half size down on all releases cept the militaries. The whole world can't possibly not know their shoe size.

On top of that, this was the second shoe I had to go a WHOLE size down on this year. The Olympic VIs had way too much room after a half size down. I had to look for someone to size trade with, and if he flakes me, like the last guy did twice, I will have to search again.
I will get the Charcoals in a 10.5 too, cuz I am tired of dealing with half size downs being too big.

Is it so hard to just keep all shoes in one brand the same size?
Sure.

But what everything you just said is why I would still ultimately go TTS. 

Also, remember that the different shoe models fit differently.

You simply have a preference for tighter shoes. Thus, you are going to have to go through more to fit your needs.

I concur.

i know that this is the FR4 thread, just letting u know about my mil 4 as a comparison.
just unDSed them, 1 hour of wearing and they look like this..

but they are waaaaaayy more comfortable than the WC4.
the 'leather' is softer so they flexes more.

oh, and im not complaining :smile:

Got brave enough to look at my pair today.. Luckly I got 2 decent shoes, I was pretty scared after reading everyones post and seeing some pix..

I'm too OCD, so all my boxes gotta say 11 on the tag.
:lol:
Its true.
:rolleyes
But most, if not all of my shoes, fit TTS in my opinion.

This.

The thing that bothers me now is that the boxes for retros have gotten way bigger. I look at a 9.5 box from 02 compared to a 9.5 box from 2012 and it's 2-3 inches longer. It looks weird in the closet

i know that this is the FR4 thread, just letting u know about my mil 4 as a comparison.
just unDSed them, 1 hour of wearing and they look like this..

but they are waaaaaayy more comfortable than the WC4.
the 'leather' is softer so they flexes more.
oh, and im not complaining :smile:

Same thing happens with the 06 militaries. Wait until the grey nubuck/suede (can't remember which) gets dirty. Looks horrible

Sure.

You simply have a preference for tighter shoes. Thus, you are going to have to go through more to fit your needs.

I acknowledge that. Still doesnt change the fact that i needed 3 sizes for the same 4 shoes to maintain the same feel. What is wrong with keeping shoes the same size so i can order the same 11.5 with confidence that it will fit how i want it.

I know shoes have different fits but at least all other companies have the decency to have the same fit within the brand. And if they all do fit differently why are people saying they all fit tts and they need the same size on each box?

This.
The thing that bothers me now is that the boxes for retros have gotten way bigger. I look at a 9.5 box from 02 compared to a 9.5 box from 2012 and it's 2-3 inches longer. It looks weird in the closet
:stoneface:
To you maybe. That **** dont bother me and shouldnt bother anyone.

Last edited:
Sure.

I acknowledge that. Still doesnt change the fact that i needed 3 sizes for the same 4 shoes to maintain the same feel. What is wrong with keeping shoes the same size so i can order the same 11.5 with confidence that it will fit how i want it.

I know shoes have different fits but at least all other companies have the decency to have the same fit within the brand. And if they all do fit differently why are people saying they all fit tts and they need the same size on each box?
Trust me, I feel your pain about different fits. JB's quality control is mediocre at best.

To the underlined: Simply preference my man. I'm very flexible with fits and I will adjust slightly if necessary.

Back
Top Bottom