Official Air Jordan IV white/varsity red RELEASE THREAD 8/4/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Will you be buying the white/varsity red IV's?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Welp, back to SH mine go. I'll update you guys on how much $ it costs to send this garbage back to Europe. Hope I don't get bent over.

Received mine from Eastbay. Creased like everyone elses but im hooping in mine so no worries. Its a damn shoe people!!!
So your okay with getting pre-creased sneakers? I'm confused? I think most of us are just asking for better QUALITY CONTROL from NIKE, a multi-billion dollar corporation............ If we don't say anything, nothing will change.
It's up to each individual consumer to decide whether they'll take what's given and deal with it, or opt not to buy due to overall value. As long as retro releases continue to sell out, nothing is going to change in terms of quality (materials and QC). We've wanted better leather for EVER and what does JB do? Release bs quality time and time again because it doesn't stop releases from selling out.

Now they've taken it a step further by upping the MSRP to get a slice of the resale pie. You'd figure that for $160 they would provide leather comparable to 99 IV's and strict quality control but NO DAMBS ARE GIVEN. And their investors are laughing all the way to the bank. 

I Received my pair today. It had excessive glue, and many imperfections overall. Not happy with the quality of leather, at all. It's going right back to NDC.

Last edited:
@digital022 yah i returned my FNL pair. If the eastbay pair sucks, it is also going right back. But see this will still sell out as the pairs will just be shipped to someone else who wont return it. All the 20% off coupons ndc will give out dont make a difference to them. The air force 1s cost $12 to make back in 06 and i dont see this costing more than $4 more and inflation aint hit hard in the last 6 years.

Last edited:
Why the hell doesnt anyone post pictures in these threads anymore? The only guys that still do it is the older members like Rico a couple pages back. They know whats up. Yes everyone knows what the shoe looks like, BUT YOU'RE JUST SUPPOSED TO POST PIC WHEN YOU GET YOUR PAIR! it used to be half the fun.
Now the only time anyone does it is to point out a glue spot or crease!

Anywho....I finally ordered a pair. I think this will be my last Jordan purchase of the year.

And i will be posting pics when i get them!

I say how old I am all the time. The OGs who think they are some sort of demi gods for being younger than my oldest cousin need to get bent. I don not care to adhere to anyones standards of who should be allowed to buy which shoe. A lot of you guys call young kids **** boys or hypebeast or other terms for being children. "I saw this 14 year old at the mall. Thought my Jersey was fake cuz it says Nike on it. Told that hypebeast to **** off" |I
I am not saying you specifically but a lot of you can get off your high horse.
In one thread I was simply stating that I try my best to get the Fresh prince colorways because when I was a kid, my mom refused to spend that much on shoes. The Fresh Prince is a favorite among my generation and a I grew up loving a lot of those shoes. I also stated that I know my popculture shoe history as well as the histroy behind the shoe. Some old heads when on a rant how nobody cares and that I shouldnt express myself on this forum because I aint experiencing a mid life crisis and a bunch of other ****. :x Even tho I did watch jordan play, I do not bring that up because the only part of his career I can remember was him retiring and coming back for a second threpeat and all the events that happened after that. But to say that I dont deserve a shoe because I was born after a certain date is some serious **** I dont care to hear.
But back to what I was getting at. You know my age, you dont know everyones age. I am sure there are some people who would surprise you if they stated their age, despite being obvious to you for the most part

I'm done with this after this reply, but you don't even make any sense.

The Fresh Prince is big to your generation? Really? You were 1 year old when the show premiered. It's a great sitcom and has lived and thrived in reruns for a decade plus, so I'm sure you've seen the show, but that doesn't make it a period piece for your generation. ...I'm familiar with All in the Family, but that doesn't mean it was a show my generation can claim.

Nobody says you aren't allowed to buy any shoe or that you don't deserve it.

And, yes, sometimes I am surprised by people's age. That's not a good thing. That means young adults are expressing themselves as if they are children.

Still doesn't change the fact that it is popular amongst my generation. Few people my age who havent seen almost every episode

A lot of people do.

Meh

This dude BIP Roberts
nthat.gif

I think it's now time to leave this thread.  I got my pair and it's in good condition.  Onto the Black Cement IVs.

Why the hell doesnt anyone post pictures in these threads anymore? The only guys that still do it is the older members like Rico a couple pages back. They know whats up. Yes everyone knows what the shoe looks like, BUT YOU'RE JUST SUPPOSED TO POST PIC WHEN YOU GET YOUR PAIR! it used to be half the fun.
Now the only time anyone does it is to point out a glue spot or crease!

Anywho....I finally ordered a pair. I think this will be my last Jordan purchase of the year.

And i will be posting pics when i get them!

posted 06 vs 12 pics on page 60 but ill repost it again

06' vs 12'

403623055.jpg

403623072.jpg

403623080.jpg

403623083.jpg

403623096.jpg

403623107.jpg

403623110.jpg

403623113.jpg

403623116.jpg

403623125.jpg

403623141.jpg

403623153.jpg

BUT NOW the thread is nothing but members complaining so it kinda turns others off.....

Last edited:
REMINDER:

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO BUYING-SELLING-TRADING ALLOWED IN THIS FORUM.
DO NOT POST THAT YOU'RE WILLING TO BUY,  SELL OR TRADE. PERIOD! PRICE ISN'T THE ISSUE. IT'S STILL A VIOLATION IF YOU'RE SELLING FOR RETAIL OR LESS OR EVEN TO SHIP.​
 ​
THIS INCLUDES REQUESTS/OFFERS TO SPLIT COMBO PACKS.​
 ​
DO NOT POST THAT YOU'RE WILLING TO DO PICKUPS AT A STORE OR THAT YOU NEED SOMEONE TO PICK SOMETHING UP. EVEN IF YOU'RE SELLING FOR THE PRICE OF WHAT YOU PAID FOR, IT'S STILL A VIOLATION SINCE A TRANSACTION WOULD NEED TO TAKE PLACE BETWEEN YOU AND SOMEONE ELSE.​
 ​
DO NOT POST LIVE AUCTION LINKS/LISTINGS. TOO MANY PEOPLE PROMOTING THEIR OWN AUCTIONS IS THE MAIN REASON WHY WE FROWN ON THIS BUT YOU ALSO DON'T WANT TO BLOW UP SOMEONE'S CHANCES AT AN AUCTION THEY WERE WATCHING.​
 ​
DO NOT POST STOCKPILE/STOCKROOM PHOTOS. (PICTURES OF MULTIPLE PAIRS/SIZES)THIS OBVIOUS ATTEMPT TO SELL WILL NO LONGER BE TOLERATED, ESPECIALLY IF IT'S COUPLED WITH A  "FOR SALE" SIGNATURE! POSTS WITH THESE TYPES OF PHOTOS WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT WARNING.​
 ​
IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO HELP SOMEONE, PLEASE KEEP IT THRU PM'S OR USE THE BUY/SELL FORUMS. ANY MENTION OF ANY TYPE OF EXCHANGE ON THE BOARD MAY LEAD TO A SUSPENSION.​
 ​
POSTING LINKS/INFO TO ONLINE STORES IS OKAY.​
 ​
POSTING THE ADDRESS OR PHONE NUMBERS TO STORES IS OKAY.​
 ​
USING YOUR SIGNATURE TO BUY/SELL/TRADE IS OKAY AS LONG AS YOU'RE NOT "SIG CHECKING" AND POSTING WITH THE INTENT TO PROMOTE YOUR SIG.​
 ​
REMEMBER, IT'S OKAY TO HELP EACH OTHER OUT AS LONG AS YOU'RE DOING IT IN THE APPROPRIATE WAY.​

Last edited:
I got my second pair in today and it is much better than the last ones. Even the box came in much better condition. No wonder some people think we are being picky. The first pair I got was worse than the Mars This new pair is almost as god as the '12 militaries. (Not saying much).

This shoe for sure has better leather than the last shoe :stoneface: I still had a few minor precreases on the inside of the left shoe and a few small white stains on the midsole. Much better than the dents in the first pair. The right toebox got minor creases from just wearing the shoe tho (only visible from up close). :smh:

Also the first shoe I got a half size down and it was still too big. This shoe I got a whole size down and it is far too small. Which I prefer, especially for a low quality easy creasing shoe. But still, makes me think the first pair had the wrong size tag or something.

This truly begs the question.... how do you have quality all over the place like this on a single release :smh:

EDIT: Also noticed a piece of leather was scratched/off and some inconsistency in the stitching.
Still room for improvement but damn near flawless compared to my finishline pair.

Last edited:
got one pair from Eastbay, and another from FL.
both became precreased, and one shoe looked like that one someone posted a while back with all those creases near the inside wing towards the midsole..
i said before i wasn't gonna care if they came precreased, but looking at them now in person, and then realizing that I paid $160 for a pair of NDS looking shoes, debating if I should just return them. I haven't purchased a pair of Jordan's in about 7 years, and these had me a little excited— but now seeing what I bought, and that I paid a premium for these over the mars, I'm disappointed.
I'm nowhere near a sneakerhead as I used to be in High School, and I was planning on just wearing these and treating them as regular sneakers (word to Jerry Seinfeld), so I might just keep one pair and return the other. Not sure yet though.
We're sorry to hear about the quality of your shoes. If you do end up deciding to return your pair, please PM us with your customer and order number and we'll gladly assist you with the return so you aren't charged shipping.

Okay, its after 8, where I live. Don't know where they operate. IDK where eastbay ships from, but still no progress has been made beyond "Shipping label has been created"
I'll just call em both
------
Called eastbay. They said it should ship today, even though they had sent a shipping confirmation saying it was shipped Friday.
Nothing i hate more than waiting!
That doesn't sound right. If you wouldn't mind PMing us with your order info, we'd like to look into the order to make sure there's nothing wrong and you were given the correct info. We should be able to give a better estimate or status update then as well.

EastbayRep - Ryan

Not sure if you all know this. But if you buy a luxary car with nice leather seats... the seats have wrinkles and come precreased. Just sayin.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom