Official Air Jordan IV white/varsity red RELEASE THREAD 8/4/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Will you be buying the white/varsity red IV's?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
A lot complaining about the inner side of the sneaker so here my contribution from my NDC order on RD:

THANKS NIKE CORPORATE! *in my most sarcastic voice* :x

Received mine from Eastbay. Creased like everyone elses but im hooping in mine so no worries. Its a damn shoe people!!!

Last edited:
Received mine from Eastbay. Creased like everyone elses but im hooping in mine so no worries. Its a damn shoe people!!!

jordans are for hooping? i just thought they where walking in and breaking necks in and keeping clean/crease free.

learn something new on this niketalk forums every day

So your okay with getting pre-creased sneakers? I'm confused? I think most of us are just asking for better QUALITY CONTROL from NIKE, a multi-billion dollar corporation............ If we don't say anything, nothing will change.

So your okay with getting pre-creased sneakers? I'm confused? I think most of us are just asking for better QUALITY CONTROL from NIKE, a multi-billion dollar corporation............ If we don't say anything, nothing will change.

does nike corporation monitor the niketalk forums?

Are we saying something to the right people tho, Nike may have lurkers and even members on this forum reading all these post about how horrible the quality is but I bet we would get a better response from Nike if we contacted them directly

Last edited:
Just be patient. My tracking info was finally updated a few minutes ago. Scheduled to arrive Thursday. Hope these are on par with the pair I bought in store. If not, back they go.
Yah mine was finally updated. To my surprise, it is still scheduled for delivery tomorrow.
If this is directed at me, I need to clarify three things.
One, I'm not defending the quality of the shoe. I'm saying I made a conscious decision to buy a subpar quality product because I wanted it badly enough. I'm being honest with myself. We all make decisions like this at various points in life. Have you ever taken a date to an "it" restaurant, even though the food isn't good? Have you ever purchased a brand of liquor whose brand recognition exceeds its quality at its price point? (Hint, you have. We've all done it at some point.)
Two, you returned your pair, correct? My criticism doesn't apply to you then. You did the right thing. You weren't satisfied, so you got your money back instead. ...You demonstrated that you have difficulty understanding the simple business transaction that is a product return, but in the face of that adversity you were still able to emulate a functioning member of society. You get a gold star.
Three, as for trying to sound OG, quite simply I'm in my 30s. I lived through all of these releases the first time around. That's not trying to sound like anything; that's simply an empirical fact.

Not directed at you per se. Just to people who say that there is no reason to complain because of precreases and easy creasing leather. People need to stop bringing up the WCIV. We did not all complain about the stiff leather. In fact I prefer it. I don't care about comfort, and neither does anyone else who buys Jordans (but some are in denial). And even then stiff vs soft is NOT a quality issue, its an opinion. How easy the leather creases is a quality issue.

No I havent taken a girl to an it restaurant. I've been on 4 dates in my life at most. I aint no stud. But I get the point. Even tho a shoe is meant to be worn for at least a year and that is if you only have one or two.

:lol: I was concerned that the employees would try something. Brothas be schemin!

Okay, point made. But don't go around thinking that there arent any younger people who know their stuff. But you don't know how old everyone else is to say that they are trying to sound OG, they might be old enough to.

Last edited:
Don't know if this has been said already but..... We shouldn't pray that we get a descent quality pair of shoes from JB after paying $170+ shame on them... I don't pray that I get a good pair of Adizero Rose's :smh:

my order came 1 day early, and just like everyone else, my pair looks terrible. The box however, looks much worst as it took a beating that not even Rocky could withstand.

my pair from NDC still has not shipped, and i ordered on RD in the am. at this point im just trying to cancel, cant be waiting all month for these, Nike wont let me cancel yet since they cant find the packages :smh:

You can say anything you want. As long as you still buy, nobody cares and neither should they.

Don't buy them. Or, buy older retros.

I'm the one telling people to chill, but at the same time I've only made 2 JB purchases this whole year. The same people complaining about every release are the ones buying every release. That's just talking to hear the sound of your own voice.

My 2 favorite shoes are AF1s and AM95s. The quality of newer releases on both is terrible, so I don't buy any of them. I buy tons of vintage though. I spend thousands of dollars a year on shoes, but only a small portion of it goes to Nike/JB; it's almost all on the secondary market. So, I sleep fine at night. When Nike does a retro well enough (Pillars) or when I either don't have an older retro version or want another pair but not badly enough to get a second older version, then I'll suck it up and buy today's product.

This really isn't complicated, people.

Last edited:
Yah mine was finally updated. To my surprise, it is still scheduled for delivery tomorrow.
Not directed at you per se. Just to people who say that there is no reason to complain because of precreases and easy creasing leather. People need to stop bringing up the WCIV. We did not all complain about the stiff leather. In fact I prefer it. I don't care about comfort, and neither does anyone else who buys Jordans (but some are in denial). And even then stiff vs soft is NOT a quality issue, its an opinion. How easy the leather creases is a quality issue.
No I havent taken a girl to an it restaurant. I've been on 4 dates in my life at most. I aint no stud. But I get the point. Even tho a shoe is meant to be worn for at least a year and that is if you only have one or two.
:lol: I was concerned that the employees would try something. Brothas be schemin!
Okay, point made. But don't go around thinking that there arent any younger people who know their stuff. But you don't know how old everyone else is to say that they are trying to sound OG, they might be old enough to.

I know how old you are. You said it in the maroon thread. You're not a teenager, but you're pretty young.

...It's pretty easy to identify when a poster is young. Sorry, but it's true.

Nike straight up snaking its loyal fan base by selling some fuvkin' beat 4s for 170+, that's ridiculous... Watch a sole swap needed in 6 months lol

I know how old you are. You said it in the maroon thread. You're not a teenager, but you're pretty young.
...It's pretty easy to identify when a poster is young. Sorry, but it's true.
I say how old I am all the time. The OGs who think they are some sort of demi gods for being younger than my oldest cousin need to get bent. I don not care to adhere to anyones standards of who should be allowed to buy which shoe. A lot of you guys call young kids **** boys or hypebeast or other terms for being children. "I saw this 14 year old at the mall. Thought my Jersey was fake cuz it says Nike on it. Told that hypebeast to **** off" |I
I am not saying you specifically but a lot of you can get off your high horse.

In one thread I was simply stating that I try my best to get the Fresh prince colorways because when I was a kid, my mom refused to spend that much on shoes. The Fresh Prince is a favorite among my generation and a I grew up loving a lot of those shoes. I also stated that I know my popculture shoe history as well as the histroy behind the shoe. Some old heads when on a rant how nobody cares and that I shouldnt express myself on this forum because I aint experiencing a mid life crisis and a bunch of other ****. :x Even tho I did watch jordan play, I do not bring that up because the only part of his career I can remember was him retiring and coming back for a second threpeat and all the events that happened after that. But to say that I dont deserve a shoe because I was born after a certain date is some serious **** I dont care to hear.

But back to what I was getting at. You know my age, you dont know everyones age. I am sure there are some people who would surprise you if they stated their age, despite being obvious to you for the most part

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom