Official Air Jordan IV white/varsity red RELEASE THREAD 8/4/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Will you be buying the white/varsity red IV's?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
I is going to hurt but i seriously think they need to be returned. Looks like I am splitting the GMP with someone. How could nike do this to so many peoples grails.
Sorry for venting here guys i am truly upset and NT would be the only onee to understand as i only have one'head friend. Whateva i am just going to stop. Hopefully my grails arent so poorly done.

EASY PASS

A few wear here and there and the toe box will crease up really bad. All IV are known to have this problem. The lace and mesh will get dirty easy too. Pass

All these complaints about quality is making me worry...I hope I get a decent pair.

Last edited:
I was really hoping for a good pair of IVs. I haven't purchased a IV this year and I just chose the wrong one to buy haha. Maybe the Black and Red ones in November will be better.

I told y'all quality would be bad weeks ago, but most still bought em. *Ye shrug

Well when the shoe comes out once every 8 years on average...

Yah i know IVs have a toebox creasing issue but good lord.

guess these will be at the outlet. might end up returning my pairs depending on how bad the creasing is

my cavs still look great after bought 5 wears, my flight 89 (cousin of 4) creased badly first wear, so these on flight 89 quality??

I debated getting this shoe...passed on it though. I still have Mars IV's and they still look pretty fresh, but I am debating copping anyway for my brother for school.

nothing wrong with that though, people want retro's to be readily available and these are.
People should buy them because you like them, not because they made too many.
Pathetic that those garbage 7s sold out. :lol:

that just goes to show you that this hypebeast **** is real if them 7s were a gr they would have never sold not one the first day over the fire red 4s
but i think the 4s didnt sell because of that corney *** pack in a few weeks and the olympic 7s and 6s from weeks ago

Seems like the military 4 release all over again. My 2006 pair still looks good so I passed on these maybe on a discount I would cop. Congrats to everyone that picked up though

Love my pair.

I was wondering if people still camped out or stood in line up here. They're hardly any pics these days the day of a release. We get all the pics on Wednesday and Thursday :lol:

what did i say? easy cop anybody stressing trying to get this release is doing it wrong.

I just hope the netting on this pair is straight and not crooked.

Well we learned a couple of thing if nothing.

Some Jordans should be store bought to check quality

People should expect this quality. Military has the same number and leather just different color.

These will be restocked 100x's like the military did.

We can't see the faces of those who purchased online.

I think the Bred IV and XI are worth the wait except for the automatic cops coming out.

To all resellers on this release. Good luck $300-400 and lmao

IVs crease like crazy when worn. Id view them on the same level as Air Force 1s as far as the toe box goes. I remember how my oreo 4 toe box looked like a series of speed bumps because of how bad they creased.

people complaining about the quality of the creases or how they crease when worn just dont know... its the design for the most part. not the quality

I'm shocked. OG Bulls colorway that didn't sell out? Wow

Ah well...

Last edited:
Is this release a sign of things to come in terms of quality with the black cement 4's releasing in November?

IVs crease like crazy when worn. Id view them on the same level as Air Force 1s as far as the toe box goes. I remember how my oreo 4 toe box looked like a series of speed bumps because of how bad they creased.
people complaining about the quality of the creases or how they crease when worn just dont know... its the design for the most part. not the quality

The White-Cement IV didn't crease at all... The leather is stiff like Mike Miller, but those babies are TANKS

Can ya'll post pics of your "pre-creased" pair? I think some of ya'll are just too finicky.

Man, either some of y'all got unlucky, or you don't know what you're talking about.

Mine look good, the shape is good (especially for a 13), and the leather is soft, not stiff. Some people are definitely confusing the soft leather with creasing. Olympic VI leather was horrible 
sick.gif
. Extra glue isn't even really a quality complaint. 

Good luck for those still trying to find a good pair!
i love the quality complaints. its not a TRUE retro release without a ton of complaints from people that STILL buy the shoes.
smokin.gif
Yep yep 
glasses.gif

Love my pair.
They look great! Where did you end up going my man?

Last edited:
^^^ i actually really like the Oly VI leather because they dont crease (well at least not after 8 hrs of wear). I had the carmines and they got a mean crease line across the toe box.

Back
Top Bottom