Official Air Jordan IV white/varsity red RELEASE THREAD 8/4/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Will you be buying the white/varsity red IV's?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
^Trust me i am not confusing softness for low quality. I challenge anyone to wear these just around their house for 20 mins and get back to me on what you think. I waited so long for these to drop again and i am truly hating on these.

Last edited:
After seeing them in person last Monday, I tried to warn people about the quality, i.e. the pre-creasing, terrible leather, etc... but all I got was a couple of replies telling me I was either trying to "kill hype" (ridiculous) or that I was going to have a pair for sale after the release date (never sold a pair in my life) or that I basically didn't know what I was talking about. All I was really trying to do was give people a heads-up.

I'm glad that people who actually bought the shoe are now seeing first hand what I wrote about the other day, but, at the same time, I feel bad for those who were really excited about them who bought them and are now really disappointed with the quality.  I guess seeing is believing.

As crazy as it sounds, as someone else posted, the Mars IV's are definitely better quality than the 2012 release, in my opinion.  I proudly wore my VNDS Mars IV's the other day to go to Costco lol

To those who never had a pair of Fire Red IV's and don't mind the awful quality, congrats on your pick-up, and to those who bought a pair and are disappointed, my sympathies.

Crazy, and I thought quality couldn't get worst than the 06' mars.

Just picked up a pair off eastbay, and quality wise, any IV without that ******ed mars face is gold in my book.

all this complaining and no picture, can someone post their terrible quality lookin pair??

^Trust me i am not confusing softness for low quality. I challenge anyone to wear these just around their house for 20 mins and get back to me on what you think. I waited so long for these to drop again and i am truly hating on these.

I'm with you, my man... People clowned the Militarys (and still do), but these Varsity Reds are horrible. The Militarys are flawless compared to these. I'm gonna throw JB a bone on this one and say it's because they produced these in high numbers, but at the time, the Militarys are numerous too. We'll be seeing Red restocks next week and beyond. Bet. More power to the players who got good pairs of varsitys

Went to Footlocker Serramonte before work today. Saw lines for wrist bands and withour wrist bands. Circled and went to Footaction, no lines whatsoever, out the door with my 10.5. Went to work a happy man!!

Quality on these as many said is distrubing. I assume Nike used the same factory that bid and won the contract for the Military IV's.

Actually, the store I bought my pair at this morning warned me that one of two pairs had creasing and to check the pair before I left the store.
I did as I was told and indeed the first pair I had was creased. They gave me another and it was better, not perfect but not as bad as the first pair.

Heads up for those who reserved at ntsf. They got a bunch of defective pairs and could not sell a majority of them. They expect a new shipment next weekend will ship your pair for free. Just give your number when you check in with them.

wow really? Do you need to show up still to have that setup? I have 30 mins left on that RSVP window and I'm still sitting on the couch. lol

Today at the 7 am release at my local mall was an older asian couple (no offense) who were in their 60's, gray hair, wrinkly skin, etc.
They each purchased (6) pairs of the IV's because after the initial stampeade the Champs still had pairs remaining and allowed people to buy multiples.
I laughed to myself about how crazy the game has become.
At 10 am I went to FnL to buy a pair of Flight 89's. Who do I see at Finishline"? Yep, the same Asian couple.
When I walked in they were at the register buying more pairs of Jordans. Since there was nobody else in the store at the time apparently they let them buy all they want.
At that point I asked the lady how many pairs she bought today and in her broken english she smiled and said 11 pairs, she went on to tell me she
will sell them for good profit. If you think about it that couple purchased (22) pairs today and probably don't even know who Michael Jordan is.

lmao That couple is hustling backwards

Scollard i assumed you had a bad batch. Believe it or not they do exist. I am truly sorry.
Don't feel bad for me.  I chose not to buy a pair, and I'm happy.

I'm an older sneaker collector (I'm 38).  I've had my chance to have almost every pair of Jordans since 1985.  I had all the OG IV's (back in 1989), including the OG fire reds.  I still have DS '99 retro IV's (both colorways).  It's time for me to step aside and let the younger sneakerheads have a chance at all these low quality releases lol

Bro, the truth is in the written word.

i believe people, i just wouldnt mind seein, i order off d i c k's this morning just wanted to see how bad they could look, im a visual person.. the pics ive see people post so far look decent

Last edited:
Good thing I passed on.these. One thing I don't understand. If everyone is.complaining about the bad quality why not just return them and save your $160. That's what I would have done. Bet quality on that GMP is going.to be horrible to.

still around here in NYC....as predicted.......FLOP

nothing wrong with that though, people want retro's to be readily available and these are.

People should buy them because you like them, not because they made too many.

Pathetic that those garbage 7s sold out. :lol:

Good thing I passed on.these. One thing I don't understand. If everyone is.complaining about the bad quality why not just return them and save your $160. That's what I would have done. Bet quality on that GMP is going.to be horrible to.

I'm thinking a lot are compromising quality for the sake of OWNING a pair.

still around here in NYC....as predicted.......FLOP
thats crazy yall havin all these quality issues for me the quality is way better than the mars the mars were super soft these are very stiff
mine did not come precreased at all ya definitely mustv gotta bad batch cus mine are prestine i
cant believe some of yall think the mars quality is better yall trippin

Just got a pair from champs sports website... Did it in 5 minutes... I guess they have a lot of pairs of fire reds...

these will be mixed in my daily rotation of kicks, so im not stressing on quality really, shoes are made to get Fd up.

khalil- what are you talking about? I didnt mention anything about quality in my post :lol:
to clarify, I meant tehse did NOT sell out, and are around all over NYC...these FLOPPED just like Militaries

4s for some reason never do good #s on RD

Part of it is simply because of the hype.  People want them because they are popular, but also, I believe that JB has the consumer by the ballz in another way.  They have created a market in which the consumer is worried that if they don't get THIS pair, they won't have a chance to get them again.

I got the Mars IV's back when they released because I didn't know if they would ever release again.  So, I put up with a lower quality product with a picture of Mars' face on the heel because I was worried it would be my last chance to own the fire red IV's.

Im not much to complain on quality but WOW  i went thru 8 boxes 3 different sizes just to get a sub par pair...some of them really looked used..pre creasing was sooooo BAD.  the dude at footlocker said most people left w/o purchasing because they couldnt stomach paying 175$ for this quality

TO ALL YOU WHO ORDERED ONLINE!!!!! try to find one around your area now    im very sure you'll be dissapointed when u see your pair from eastbay or where ever...there must have been 4 people at the same time including me who was lookign thru multiple pairs just to get a decent one...

and to all of u saying MARS didnt have this problem..i was there in 06 and it was same problem just not as bad..besides in 06 it sold out instantly

Back
Top Bottom