Official Air Jordan IV white/varsity red RELEASE THREAD 8/4/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Will you be buying the white/varsity red IV's?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
its not the quality its the way the design of the shoe no matter what they will crease a little i wear a size 9.5 10 i bought a size 9 they are a lil snug but
comfortable not tight they run kinda big i have been wearing since i bought them still no creases i think the key to these is to go at leas a half size lower
to avoid major creasing mine still are very stiff they dont feel soft to me i dont know what yall talking bout foreal

My issue with the the pair I have in-hand, isn't necessarily the quality, as much as it's the lack of quality control. That's the issue we've been going in on for the last few years. Too many blemishes are allowed to get through

I laugh every time people call an item that probably moved 100,000+ units in less than 12 hours a flop.

^^^ i actually really like the Oly VI leather because they dont crease (well at least not after 8 hrs of wear). I had the carmines and they got a mean crease line across the toe box.
I guess if you care about creasing then yeah. I really don't care. Leather is going to crease.

I thought the Oreo VI leather was solid. bigj505, if you have the Oreos, compared to the Olympic VI, which one was better leather wise to you?

Last edited:
Well considering they were prob suppose to sell out it's a flop in regards to the expectations. JB might have expected that they would do better as well.

I guess if you care about creasing then yeah. I really don't care. Leather is going to crease.

I thought the Oreo VI leather was solid. bigj505, if you have the Oreos, compared to the Olympic VI, which one was better leather wise to you?

honestly, the toe box of the oreos was nubuck or durabuck or suede so i wouldnt compare the 2.

and as a person that would like to wear my shoes, i absolutely would want a pair of shoes that doesnt crease much when worn vs a pair that has super soft leather and creases as soon as you put them on.

and there have been blotched paint jobs and production errors since jordans were still OGs. people just dont remember. ill be the 1st to admit that the quality a few years ago had taken a turn for the worse (around the time CDPs started dropping). i think its gotten much better. evidence is in the evolution of the recent XI releases... CDP -> Space Jam -> Cool Grey -> Concord

honestly, the toe box of the oreos was nubuck or durabuck or suede so i wouldnt compare the 2.

and as a person that would like to wear my shoes, i absolutely would want a pair of shoes that doesnt crease much when worn vs a pair that has super soft leather and creases as soon as you put them on.

and there have been blotched paint jobs and production errors since jordans were still OGs. people just dont remember. ill be the 1st to admit that the quality a few years ago had taken a turn for the worse (around the time CDPs started dropping). i think its gotten much better. evidence is in the evolution of the recent XI releases... CDP -> Space Jam -> Cool Grey -> Concord
Cool, thanks for the good response. 

I also agree with the underlined. That means the Breds will be even better (hopefully)! 

Last edited:
Shoes are gonna crease period unless you want to walk funny while trying to avoid them......the only thing I hope they don't do is the paint chipping

2nd easiest cop

1st is the milt

Lets hope that make a lot of the black/red 4's cuz those are just fire.

Last edited:
still around here in NYC....as predicted.......FLOP

Good work...Nostradamus...

I was in Brooklyn last week and EVERY store had Olympic 6s and 7s...did those flop?

Just because a shoe doesn't sell out in New York city or sell 100% nationwide in a matter of hours...that makes it a flop?

This community prides itself on being the leader in sneaker knowledge on the Internet...yet, knuckleheads continue to make ignorant statements such as this...makes the entire community seem of lesser importance when statements like this are not commended as ridiculous...

Flop? Really? Get outta here...

There is not a shoe in this industry that will sell as many units in this entire month as this one shoe will sell in a matter of hours this morning...

JM

I was in Brooklyn last week and EVERY store had Olympic 6s and 7s...did those flop?
Just because a shoe doesn't sell out in New York city or sell 100% nationwide in a matter of hours...that makes it a flop?
This community prides itself on being the leader in sneaker knowledge on the Internet...yet, knuckleheads continue to make ignorant statements such as this...makes the entire community seem of lesser importance when statements like this are not commended as ridiculous...
There is not a shoe in this industry that will sell as many units in this entire month as this one shoe will sell in a matter of hours this morning...
JM

It is a FLOP they still got some sizes up at footlocker site.

and i bet you they gonna have a "magical" restock

Last edited:
JM

This......well said bro

I don't know if it has been mentioned a few pages back or not, but NTSF only got half its order. So I drove an hour in just to find out that while I can get my size, they will have to ship it (for free) to me when the rest come in. Pretty lame, although I guess I should be glad I still have a pair coming. Hope the quality isn't that bad. What I saw on display looked pretty good, but it sounds like there's definitely some bad pairs floating around.

Good thing I passed on.these. One thing I don't understand. If everyone is.complaining about the bad quality why not just return them and save your $160. That's what I would have done. Bet quality on that GMP is going.to be horrible to.
Part of it is simply because of the hype.  People want them because they are popular, but also, I believe that JB has the consumer by the ballz in another way.  They have created a market in which the consumer is worried that if they don't get THIS pair, they won't have a chance to get them again.

I got the Mars IV's back when they released because I didn't know if they would ever release again.  So, I put up with a lower quality product with a picture of Mars' face on the heel because I was worried it would be my last chance to own the fire red IV's.
I sold my '06 mili IV and mars IV after a couple wears due to quality issues. Bought this years mili IV's and the quality is alright. Had an OG pair of fire red IV's as a kid also so I'm kind of partial to them and IV's in general, but if they are anywhere near as bad as people are claiming, they're going right back to NDC. If I don't end up with a pair due to quality issues, then so be it.

Lets hope that make a lot of the black/red 4's cuz those are just fire.
i'm  hoping this it what happens but knowing jb they wont make em that easy to get like the military's & the varsity reds cause they know them are the 4's that everybody is really waiting for

I am glad I didn't cop online since I was at work today. I had to go through 3 pairs then mix and match them before I got a nice enough pair. I am usually not one to complain on creasing or paint flaws. What gets me is imperfections in the leather. The display shoe at the store I went to was literally bulging from one side. Like a piece of soft plastic pushed out. The first two pairs I was handed had wavy leather on the toe box much like paint that driped then dried. I bet there will be a lot of horror stories and complaints of botched pairs when online pairs start arriving.

HOH Lakewood still had some pairs left. I can't remember the last time they didn't sell out.

it is my assessment that the leather on these >> military. cements don't even need to be mentioned as u can't even call whatever material that was used on the cements leather. :x these crease easily bc the leather is softer than any leather i've seen used on any of the recent retros. these seem to be even slightly better quality, "leather"-wise, than the mars'. it is fresh in my mind bc i just sold my ds mars' like 2 weeks ago, knowing these were set to drop.

i'm happy with my purchase. one of the best releases of the year so far (which isn't saying much).

Back
Top Bottom