Official Air Jordan IV white/varsity red RELEASE THREAD 8/4/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Will you be buying the white/varsity red IV's?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
My man brought over the mars to compare. First time I seen the infamous Mars in real life. They own the 2012s in terms of quality and everything else. I put on my 2012s to walk to one side of the house and back and it became crease city *****.... creases creases creases creases errywhere.

Those of you with mars, I suggest you stick with them. I would seriously return these if I had the Mars or the Lasers

Real easy cop.. Went to my local HoH Southcenter at 830 am after a 7am release and was able to cop my 9.5 for $140 with military discount... After I copped I went to the whip to check them out... WTF both shoes were pre creased like others mentioned and the sides were pushed in like no other.. Luckily I rushed back in there and they had more 9.5s and brought out 3 more pairs for me to choose from in my size and i was able to get a fresh pair no creases whatsoever...I'm jus lucky they had more my n my size or else I would have returned them wit no regrets... On to the GMP in two weeks!!! Congrats to all that copped...
I wish we could start a revolution and make EVERYONE return their pairs. But no one will do that. It would be a great message to send Nike

My man brought over the mars to compare. First time I seen the infamous Mars in real life. They own the 2012s in terms of quality and everything else. I put on my 2012s to walk to one side of the house and back and it became crease city *****.... creases creases creases creases errywhere.
Those of you with mars, I suggest you stick with them. I would seriously return these if I had the Mars or the Lasers

Damn, that's quite a statement. The Mars IV were pretty bad in terms of quality, so I can't even imagine how bad these are.

I just picked these up at NTSF. I honestly think this is one of the worst releases this year, in terms of quality, to me. Mine were pre-creased to the point where it looked like they were used for days. Never had a pair of Mars or Fire Reds before either so I was hoping to keep these, but I'm going to let these go. 8.5 if anyone asks.

Last edited:
Have a pair of mars, still have em. Creased pretty fast when they first released, cracking about a year later. Waiting for my 2012's in the mail and if they are anything like the cements then they should b on point

Very surprised I was able to cop from Eastbay at 12:30pm (cdt). Miss the days of free shipping, but at least I don't have to pay tax, especially since my local tax is higher than Eastbay shipping. Hopefully mine aren't as ****** as the pairs some of u got. I got the cements and didn't mind that stiff "leather". But I guess these are more similar to militaries.

Anybody know why the niketalk site works fine on my iPad and phone, but it's all messed up when I visit through Firefox on my laptop.

im not sure I understand the question but Military IVs
You understood just fine, answered the question perfectly. Didn't know Eastbay did that on MB IV release, as I didn't try to cop on release date so I missed that in the MBIV thread. Never saw Eastbay do that before and thought it was strange, apparently not. Carry on...

Heads up for those who reserved at ntsf. They got a bunch of defective pairs and could not sell a majority of them. They expect a new shipment next weekend will ship your pair for free. Just give your number when you check in with them.

Last edited:
Damn, that's quite a statement. The Mars IV were pretty bad in terms of quality, so I can't even imagine how bad these are.

Yeah, I remember quality being a complaint on the Mars and on the 2006 military Iv. I still wear my white Chrome classic green IV all the time and they are comfy but the netting is yellow. I have worn the Iv Black cat almost every day to work for the last three years and they were comfortable. I guess it just depends on the release. Hopefully the Black Cement will be on the same level as my Cavs were or better.

ill wait till they lower the price. made as **** cause i paid 125 for the mars 4s and these are 160 plus shipping, chill.

Copped two pairs off sns for 162 and some change for each pair. Ill throw one on cl for $225 and im sure somebody will bite in my area :lol:

1st pair for $100 :nthat:

Damn, reading this about the creases is disheartening... I love this colorway but it sounds that the quality of this release is especially bad.

Well the mars he had worn a few times. So it doesnt have the crease problem these 2012s have. Although I would say the midsole on the 2012s is probably better. Not by too much tho, as mine had scratches and tiny dents on them before I even put them on. I strongly prefer cracking midsole to ****** *** leather. Mark my words. By the tenth time you wear the 2012s, you will be like :x and retire the shoe if you are a sneakerhead with more than 8 pairs and that is not much to people in NT. Do not wear this for anything more than a casual walk. And when you unDS, really think if that is what you want to mess your shoes up for. QUOTE ME! The 2012 Militaries put these to shame in terms of quality and a lot of people here were complaining about those! I have never been so heated like I am now over JB quality. Usually im like "It's not the best but at least it isnt easy to mess up, like the Air Force 1s".....

Today at the 7 am release at my local mall was an older asian couple (no offense) who were in their 60's, gray hair, wrinkly skin, etc.
They each purchased (6) pairs of the IV's because after the initial stampeade the Champs still had pairs remaining and allowed people to buy multiples.
I laughed to myself about how crazy the game has become.

At 10 am I went to FnL to buy a pair of Flight 89's. Who do I see at Finishline"? Yep, the same Asian couple.
When I walked in they were at the register buying more pairs of Jordans. Since there was nobody else in the store at the time apparently they let them buy all they want.
At that point I asked the lady how many pairs she bought today and in her broken english she smiled and said 11 pairs, she went on to tell me she
will sell them for good profit. If you think about it that couple purchased (22) pairs today and probably don't even know who Michael Jordan is.

Last edited:
I was kinda hoping for the leather from the military's but these are probably a softer leather. My pair didn't come with any sort of defect but not liking the quality on these especially since they could've used the same leather on the military's or at least the white cements.

if you're ordering from eastbay or FL (or w/e), remember to use mr. rebates for a 7% cashback (takes 90 days to get it though, but worth it to void tax + shipping).

Last edited:

Do you guys remember the squeaking midsoles on the mars? :x :x :x

ended up having to actually camp to get these in my area... not sure if im going to keep them or pass them to one of my homies not too satisfied..

Love my pair.

the leather on these is a lot softer than I thought they would be. Don't mistake the softer leather as creases I think a lot of people are doing that. My pair didn't have nay creases.

Today at the 7 am release at my local mall was an older asian couple (no offense) who were in their 60's, gray hair, wrinkly skin, etc.
They each purchased (6) pairs of the IV's because after the initial stampeade the Champs still had pairs remaining and allowed people to buy multiples.
I laughed to myself about how crazy the game has become.

At 10 am I went to FnL to buy a pair of Flight 89's. Who do I see at Finishline"? Yep, the same Asian couple.
When I walked in they were at the register buying more pairs of Jordans. Since there was nobody else in the store at the time apparently they let them buy all they want.
At that point I asked the lady how many pairs she bought today and in her broken english she smiled and said 11 pairs, she went on to tell me she
will sell them for good profit. If you think about it that couple purchased (22) pairs today and probably don't even know who Michael Jordan is.

I've noticed the same BS since the Concord release... The good thing is most resellers, who have a little bit of sense, will stop soon, if they haven't already. Who the hell wants to waste that much time for about $30 profit on each pair? You must be mad broke if you're playing the resell game. Not every shoe is a Concord. Also, I'm not sure where you're at, but the cats who buy at my local spot ran the resellers off months ago. They don't even show up anymore.

Well the mars he had worn a few times. So it doesnt have the crease problem these 2012s have. Although I would say the midsole on the 2012s is probably better. Not by too much tho, as mine had scratches and tiny dents on them before I even put them on. I strongly prefer cracking midsole to ****** *** leather. Mark my words. By the tenth time you wear the 2012s, you will be like
sick.gif
and retire the shoe if you are a sneakerhead with more than 8 pairs and that is not much to people in NT. Do not wear this for anything more than a casual walk. And when you unDS, really think if that is what you want to mess your shoes up for. QUOTE ME! The 2012 Militaries put these to shame in terms of quality and a lot of people here were complaining about those! I have never been so heated like I am now over JB quality. Usually im like "It's not the best but at least it isnt easy to mess up, like the Air Force 1s".....
After seeing them in person last Monday, I tried to warn people about the quality, i.e. the pre-creasing, terrible leather, etc... but all I got was a couple of replies telling me I was either trying to "kill hype" (ridiculous) or that I was going to have a pair for sale after the release date (never sold a pair in my life) or that I basically didn't know what I was talking about. All I was really trying to do was give people a heads-up.

I'm glad that people who actually bought the shoe are now seeing first hand what I wrote about the other day, but, at the same time, I feel bad for those who were really excited about them who bought them and are now really disappointed with the quality.  I guess seeing is believing.

As crazy as it sounds, as someone else posted, the Mars IV's are definitely better quality than the 2012 release, in my opinion.  I proudly wore my VNDS Mars IV's the other day to go to Costco lol

To those who never had a pair of Fire Red IV's and don't mind the awful quality, congrats on your pick-up, and to those who bought a pair and are disappointed, my sympathies.

Overslept when i had to pick up them up at 8:00 because of the RVSP, but thankfully Eastbay had like a million pairs so i copped :pimp:

if i don't like the quality i can easily resell them around where i live in hypeland, NY.

Last edited:
compared my size 10.5 to my bros 11 and the shape is a little off on his and the tongues on these makes the shape look really off

Back
Top Bottom