Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013 - Show Some Maturity People

Status
Not open for further replies.
so we getting a re-launch!!??!! :nerd:

what kinda numbers?

edit: this will def drop resell prices hopefully significantly

Last edited:
so we getting a re-launch!!??!!
nerd.gif

what kinda numbers?
I dont know just yet, but they have held back pairs... I will update as soon as I get info, they dont even have a plan yet, from what I hear...

This might have been posted already but Hov was rockin' a pair from the looks of it on SNL (I was catching up on HULU last night)

031113-shows-justin-timberlake-jay-z-snl.jpg

Hov is wack to me for rocking those now. Like ***** we gottem too, you ain't exclusive
LMAO, Celebs are still people at the end of the day.

But honestly, they're still in a business and although there are those that have the same mind set as you, there are the masses that will not only be more influenced to follow him for wearing a "common mans" kicks but also buy the sneaker. 

All in all though, Hov has always dabbled in both luxury and non-luxury so I'm not surprised. 

Hov is wack to me for rocking those now. Like ***** we gottem too, you ain't exclusive
I'd have to disagree. I've seen many celebs rocking these and other hard to get kicks after RD. doesn't change my opinion about them.

Now when Jay-Z wore these...Game Over! I can't see myself calling a dude wack when he rocks the "Brooklyn Zoo"

I know this is Royal forum, and not the celeb forum, so sorry for this random post.

Back to the Royal discussion......

wow wow wow I'm impressed. ALREADY got my order from ShelfLife and couldn't be happier. Pair is 1000% authentic (my footlocker pair is a good basis to judge by)..and they came not only double boxed but shipped in so much foam & fragile labels that you'd think they were made of glass. So glad I went with my gut on this one and finally can stop watching 15 eBay listings at a time/checking this thread once an hour (although I'm sure I still will -__-)

When it comes to "minor flaws" these are actually better than my FL pair..no Nike Air misplacement on the tongue & no fraying around the swoosh or heel area.

View media item 311598
View media item 311599
View media item 311602
View media item 311607
View media item 311608
Real syked..now I can stop being so paranoid when I'm wearing my other pair. $311 is way more then I intended to pay..but is way better than anything I've seen on eBay since right after RD.. & because I got my first pair for retail it averages out to approx 230 a pair.

Really think these are my favorite pair of kicks I ever owned..just gotta see if they stand the test of time against my black cement 3s. Good luck to everyone still on the hunt for a pair

wow wow wow I'm impressed. ALREADY got my order from ShelfLife and couldn't be happier. Pair is 1000% authentic (my footlocker pair is a good basis to judge by)..and they came not only double boxed but shipped in so much foam & fragile labels that you'd think they were made of glass. So glad I went with my gut on this one and finally can stop watching 15 eBay listings at a time/checking this thread once an hour (although I'm sure I still will -__-)

When it comes to "minor flaws" these are actually better than my FL pair..no Nike Air misplacement on the tongue & no fraying around the swoosh or heel area.

Real syked..now I can stop being so paranoid when I'm wearing my other pair. $311 is way more then I intended to pay..but is way better than anything I've seen on eBay since right after RD.. & because I got my first pair for retail it averages out to approx 230 a pair.

Really think these are my favorite pair of kicks I ever owned..just gotta see if they stand the test of time against my black cement 3s. Good luck to everyone still on the hunt for a pair
I liked how well they packed your kicks!

Nice!

The whole point in taping it is so he doesn't have to switch inserts. It's a nice thing to look at before you put them on and lace up. I wanted to do the same thing but I just decided against it and after my first wear it rubbed off on the left shoe. It apparently depends on the socks you are wearing. Nike socks tend to rub it off, but smoother socks tend to leave it alone. 

Mine faded away, and I dont have that nice little thing to look at but it i got over it. It wasn't the end of the world.
Dudes really taping their insoles so the jumpman doesn't fade away? Jesus.....just wear the damn shoes. 

View media item 311598
View media item 311599
View media item 311602
View media item 311607
View media item 311608

Dope, I like how you justified paying $311 though :lol: , "averages to $230"

Folks worried about the NIKE AIR on the insole wearing off?

What kind of socks do you guys wear because all my Jumpman's on the insole of shoes that I've worn 20+ times are still intact.

eyes.gif
If it doesn't apply to you why does it matter? 
grin.gif

Call me crazy but I stare at the Nike air on the tongue more than the Nike air on the insole but what do I know, I'm a weirdo
As I said, it's a nice thing to look at before you lace up your shoes. 

If you don't get it get over it.

Damn, nothing from queens yet. Anybody who ordered from them get their tracking updated?

If you're SCARED to wear a pair of shoes because some logo painted (very poorly) onto a shoe's insert might peel off... you have no business buying shoes and should stick to Pokemon or something. Besides, I don't get why you guys wear the insoles that come with the shoes anyway. I have 3 pairs of insoles I rotate through my pairs, never wearing the original ones. More comfortable, better against creasing, and makes your shoes more appealing if you go to trade or sell them... you know, to women who worry about the appearance of a logo on the insole.

Can't believe what it's come to with some of you clowns.

Last edited:
If you're SCARED to wear a pair of shoes because some logo painted (very poorly) onto a shoe's insert might peel off... you have no business buying shoes and should stick to Pokemon or something. Besides, I don't get why you guys wear the insoles that come with the shoes anyway. I have 3 pairs of insoles I rotate through my pairs, never wearing the original ones. More comfortable, better against creasing, and makes your shoes more appealing if you go to trade or sell them... you know, to women who worry about the appearance of a logo on the insole.

Because you definitely determine that, right?

And I don't sell/trade any of my shoes. Why don't you sit down and get over it? I could care less about your replacement insole, and I won't say any crap about you replacing your insoles to make your shoes look better. Some other members and I do something else, why do you say things against it? Move on. It's not your shoes, so why exactly are you so upset over it?

Just get over it. 

what kind of insoles do you recommend? some dr soles? im only interested in the reducing the creasing of shoes, not so much protecting the insole print

Because you definitely determine that, right?

And I don't sell/trade any of my shoes. Why don't you sit down and get over it? I could care less about your replacement insole, and I won't say any crap about you replacing your insoles to make your shoes look better. Some other members and I do something else, why do you say things against it? Move on. It's not your shoes, so why exactly are you so upset over it?

Just get over it. 

Grown adults saying they are SCARED to put their feet in their shoes is pathetic by any measure. Feel free to disagree with me, but it's pathetic when this is what it's come to. Call me crazy, but I grew up in a time when you put your feet in your shoes and lived with the consequences of wearing them. Granted, I always wore different insoles in my basketball shoes during my playing days, but it wasn't to preserve the Nike logo my sweaty foot rubbed against.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom