Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Not really. OG Bred 1s are dark, and the 2013 Royals were darker than the OGs. 17 pair got the color more accurate.

Plus, JB does whatever they want :lol:

True. I just thought they'd be a little more consistent after the Banned color change. Had me thinking Royals would be darker as well.

I wonder what shade the Shadows be. I'm copping regardless.

True. I just thought they'd be a little more consistent after the Banned color change. Had me thinking Royals would be darker as well.

I wonder what shade the Shadows be. I'm copping regardless.
I hope its a darker shade but I never seen a og pair

Lexol leather conditioner works wonders. It breaks in the black leather on the Breds and makes it feel plush.

Lexol leather conditioner works wonders. It breaks in the black leather on the Breds and makes it feel plush.
Is this immediately after applying or has it dried a bit? I am very curious about doing this to a pair or two, but worried about that glossy/wet look. 

Is this immediately after applying or has it dried a bit? I am very curious about doing this to a pair or two, but worried about that glossy/wet look. 

This is after it dries, I applied it yesterday. But you can wipe the shoes off with chlorox wipes afterwards and it shouldnt take off any of the color. It makes the red on my Breds feel like the leather on the shattered backboards, its butter soft now.

put up an offer for $350 (will be offset by selling off my extra pair of royals) for 8.5 black toes on goat yesterday and can't believe nobody's bit on it (lowest price is currently $365)

sellers are trippin if they think anybody's gonna offer more

(and yes, i know they can be had on stockx for cheaper, but i like goat's quality assurance)
nvm, somebody just accepted the offer!

if i can manage to sell off my royals for $300, it'll mean that it cost $240 to get the bt's

not too shabby for a ds pair in my size

Oh yea, some red came off

Important thing is that it dont turn brown or blackish cause that can be permanent

Whats the hype about wiping and cleaning brand new shoes youve hardly worn?Are you all just doing this to Brand new 1,s.Or do yall do this to every shoe you get?It doesnt even look any different to me in the pictures.Is it suppose to get a shiny look or something.It seems like every time i come in here.Someone says i just wiped my 1,s down.Its just something i would never do.Ive seen people accidentally ruin DS pairs by doing stuff like this.Its actually funny to watch.Like your shoes are DS or only worn 1-2 times.And your spraying or wiping them down with something it doesnt need until years later on down the line.

are we talking many like 5? 10?

like you can't wear a DS pair from 1984 today... what year do you guys think you would be able to wear

would a DS pair from 2001 still be good to go today?

Are you thinking about hooping in 'me? .... the longest I've had a DS'd pair and worn was 4 years (a wolf grey/Blaze colorway) but I have 15 year old 1s I wear in my collection. If the air unit is fine there's less issue as the midsole is sewn to the upper and is made of rubber instead of polyurethane.

Got that KD reserve posted last page as well, that makes three nike basketball reserves in the past 2 weeks, I haven't bought anything nike basketball since the kobe 9 
mean.gif

Lol mans, mine are ds!. I just wanted to wipe cuz i wanted to remove some dye off the leather. I also wanted to watch for my jeans. Its just looking at em in filtered pics vs in person vs in sunlight made me wanna make it a shade light, but for most part leather color is about the same after wiping. Just dont wipe TOO much ,otherwise it gonna be brown, then black and u cant bring it back. I noticed little difference after wiping since my pair was slightly light compared to ndc leather pair

This is the only one i did it with, my shadow, chi, sb, royals are good

They got the color i like right on the 2017 royal

Last edited by a moderator:
The chemicals in Lysol or Clorox wipes obviously are made to kill germs on bathroom or hard area surfaces generally, definitely not leather lol, using them once or a handful of times won't show immediate damage but after time with continued use any of those wipes containing those chemicals will dry out the leather and eventually start flaking... midsoles will eventually discolor again after an extended amount of time using wipes, leather cleaners and conditioners specifically made for leather is absolutely the way to go

Posted in the royal 1's thread and didn't hear the end of it lol. Anyone know the best way to do a quick fix for this scratch? Slipped in the bathroom after trying to fix a bathroom rug and caught my foot on sink door.

Posted in the royal 1's thread and didn't hear the end of it lol. Anyone know the best way to do a quick fix for this scratch? Slipped in the bathroom after trying to fix a bathroom rug and caught my foot on sink door.
maybe a touch up with some black paint for the black toe, but only a little bit like just to smooth it out. As for the blue toebox you're ****** since it will be noticeable if you touch it up. R.I.P

Sorry I don't have a solution to offer.

I'm just here to ask - why the **** are you wearing shoes in your home bathroom???

Surely this barbaric practice of wearing outdoor shoes around the house died years ago...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom