Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Don’t let anyone tell you that your teddy bear is creepy, Davey! Fight the power!
930E438B-F8E1-4EAB-A761-3119292E3FE2.gif

Last edited:
I used to wear a suit and tie to work 5/6 days a week... then they relaxed our dress code to where I could actually wear sneakers and jeans.

All I can say is... there is a time and a place for each look. Dressing up more days than not for so many years def made me not appreciate it as much... but theres nothing like being completely dressed up in a fitted suit with a nice pair of dress shoes. Id def take comfort over that look nowadays tho.

Why is a suit necessary in 2023 bro?
The argument for it is the fact that most people judge a book by its cover.

But if you’re not in a line of work where that matters, then screw it. The kids don’t give a funk. Even though they tease me sometimes about my slim tapered jeans.

I try to tell myself that it’s only their opinion.

…but it hurts sometimes.

As someone who’s lucky enough to have a job where I can pretty much dress however I want, I sometimes worry that my Peter Pan complex has me looking like an old man who dresses like a teenager…jeans, t-shirts and Jordan 1s mostly.

I’ve come to terms with the fact that I enjoy dressing a certain way and i’m simply uncomfortable dressing any other way. But every so often I’m reminded of how certain segments of society think it’s vitally important to present yourself in a certain way, especially at a certain age.

Generally I say funk it…I gotta be me.

Let people look down on me if they so choose.

But the Internet is chalk full of “smart people” telling us how to live our lives.

It’s difficult to ignore it completely.

Exhibit A:

Damn bro this hit close to home.

I'm mid 30s and there is a solid chance that people think I dress younger than I am.

I do own several suits from my time as a jcrew employee but I hardly ever wear them. I have a couple pairs of khakis that I cycle through for work. Otherwise it's usually selvedge denim a nice tee and either a cardigan or hoody.

I have no desire to change it at this point. I still wear sneakers almost everyday and I tend to buy more street wear than dress clothes.

I actually find that a lot of people appreciate my authenticity when it comes to style at work and as long as it isn't hindering my growth I will keep doing what I'm doing. **** social norms.

I don’t care how many sneakers you have in your closet, every man needs a couple suits. I enjoy my comfort and dress for comfort 10/10 times, but pulling up to a funeral in some sneakers is deplorable behavior.

Nah my people know me I'm sure they'd rather I come than wear some **** that isn't me.

Plus word to my SN no one is showing up at my funeral in dress shoes.

Damn bro this hit close to home.

I'm mid 30s and there is a solid chance that people think I dress younger than I am.

I do own several suits from my time as a jcrew employee but I hardly ever wear them. I have a couple pairs of khakis that I cycle through for work. Otherwise it's usually selvedge denim a nice tee and either a cardigan or hoody.

I have no desire to change it at this point. I still wear sneakers almost everyday and I tend to buy more street wear than dress clothes.

I actually find that a lot of people appreciate my authenticity when it comes to style at work and as long as it isn't hindering my growth I will keep doing what I'm doing. **** social norms.
Funk you, I won’t do wuch yah tell me!

I don’t care how many sneakers you have in your closet, every man needs a couple suits. I enjoy my comfort and dress for comfort 10/10 times, but pulling up to a funeral in some sneakers is deplorable behavior.
Me at my cousin Larry’s funeral ten years ago.

Between the two of us, he was considered the weird one.

We vowed to each other as kids, that whichever one of us went first, the other had to wear something non-traditional to the burial.

…I honored Larry’s memory.

97B028A9-414F-4C9D-8C8F-7BA7BFF4DE8E.jpeg
541ACF02-C02E-42E2-A9D3-D0BBD7A20BC1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom