• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
StockX.

You're right about all the shoes posted. I think the Yellow Human Races were the most sought after...resale prices is kind of all over the place. Same with the Red pair.

its what happens when you milk/dilute the line or the collab down. People lose interest. Look at the sacai line, the newer colorways are not fetching the demand it used to and I'm sure people now are tired of seeing so many sacais that they probably won't want to pay the $700+ for the older colorways and eventually when theres more pairs for sale than there are people wanting it, the older colorways might dip.

Thats why a lot of people are saying/predicting that the 1's bubble will burst because they're just pumping out soooo many 1's colorways and a lot of them are hot garbage.

its what happens when you milk/dilute the line or the collab down. People lose interest. Look at the sacai line, the newer colorways are not fetching the demand it used to and I'm sure people now are tired of seeing so many sacais that they probably won't want to pay the $700+ for the older colorways and eventually when theres more pairs for sale than there are people wanting it, the older colorways might dip.

Thats why a lot of people are saying/predicting that the 1's bubble will burst because they're just pumping out soooo many 1's colorways and a lot of them are hot garbage.
Exactly! 2023 the II, VIII, and XVI are taking over! The I, IV, and V hype will be over (except the OGs).

This.

Every thing they release is average at best. Most of the time terrible.

tumbled > cracked 🤔💥 20211215_124847.jpg 20211215_124804.jpg

All I want before I die is a pair of Bred 1s.

...just one pair.

But I can't justify paying $700+ for a pair of shoes.

Especially with authenticity and sizing issues.

...so it's probably never gonna happen.
Chill papa, they’ll come out again, don’t even think about it for a few years and they’ll drop

did you get into kicks recently ? Or did you take a long hiatus?

Chill papa, they’ll come out again, don’t even think about it for a few years and they’ll drop

did you get into kicks recently ? Or did you take a long hiatus?
This is so true. I was watching a Jacques Slade vid and he suggested that Nike always have OG colorways (Breds, Chi's, Royals, Shadows) in stock but idk, I disagree. We all know they'll come back out within the decade, which I know is a long time but a ton of cool ish will come out between now and then to satisfy folks

I don't know where you're checking the data for this, but if I can recall correctly, the OVO 10 and the PSNY 12 did what you're asking. It did go up after release and gradually went up and stayed up and then it took a huge plunge afterwards. I think DSM 1's did that and I think the Don C 2's did that as well. People just started to lose interest after a while and moved on to the next hype thing and the few people holding on to resell missed their big cash out opportunity and had to price is low.

I know the Pharrell NMD definitely did that. I have the OG set of colors and I still have them and wear them but I have checked the prices and they have dipped a lot after maintaining a high value for a while.

To be fair, Adidas killed all hype for Hu NMDs and especially regular mesh and primeknit NMD R1s by completely flooding the market with them. They pretty much killed the model completely and now they’re a discount/shopping mall staple (not that this is necessarily a bad thing for non-sneakerheads who just want to buy them to wear).

To be fair, Adidas killed all hype for Hu NMDs and especially regular mesh and primeknit NMD R1s by completely flooding the market with them. They pretty much killed the model completely and now they’re a discount/shopping mall staple (not that this is necessarily a bad thing for non-sneakerheads who just want to buy them to wear).
I agree with the over-saturation of NMDs and UB's for adidas, but at what point are we saying that Nike/Jordan is doing the same thing with the AJ1? They need to throw the J1 back into the vault for a couple years.

I agree with the over-saturation of NMDs and UB's for adidas, but at what point are we saying that Nike/Jordan is doing the same thing with the AJ1? They need to throw the J1 back into the vault for a couple years.

Nah, AJ1s are actually similar to Dunks in that their popularity rises and falls but they never really reach an over-saturation point that they have to vault the model. I say this as someone who witnessed the post-NYC pigeon SB dunk hype of the mid 2000s and bought pairs in the mid 2010s for like $50 DS from skateshops and am now witnessing a 2nd wave of Dunk hype. I think maybe it’s because AJ 1s are so wearable and there are actually takedown models (Mids, etc.) that most ppl can attain meanwhile OG 1s are geared for the bigger AJ 1 fans who are more into sneakers (like all of us lol).

Feel like there's more NMD colorways compared to the OG AJ1 Highs.

Honestly, if you count mesh NMDs, etc. you’re probably correct. I bet Adidas themselves lost track of the number of cws lol

I honestly wonder if Adidas wants to make the NMD like their version of the AF1. That used to be the Superstars but I rarely see ppl wearing those anymore.

well that was my point exactly lol, the brand oversaturated their model with too many colorways or take-down models and people just lost interest. Hence my other example about the sacai line, too many colorways, variations of the model, take-down model with the waffle one racer, etc.

IMO they are oversaturating with 1's with all the extra new models (CMFT etc) and cuts and colorways. This only making some people on here not buying any of the new colorways but theres still tons of people that want 1's because its been the hype model shoe for a few years. Pre 2015, most 1's did not sellout like this day. The interest and more and more people getting into the sneaker game and the resell game has made everything sellout-able.

well that was my point exactly lol, the brand oversaturated their model with too many colorways or take-down models and people just lost interest. Hence my other example about the sacai line, too many colorways, variations of the model, take-down model with the waffle one racer, etc.

IMO they are oversaturating with 1's with all the extra new models (CMFT etc) and cuts and colorways. This only making some people on here not buying any of the new colorways but theres still tons of people that want 1's because its been the hype model shoe for a few years. Pre 2015, most 1's did not sellout like this day. The interest and more and more people getting into the sneaker game and the resell game has made everything sellout-able.

While the hype was nowhere where it is now, most OG 1s did sellout, probably because there were far fewer releases. I do think that a lot of that had to do with OG 1s selling at $130-$140 retail back then so there was definitely resell money to be made on most releases. I remember even OG+ cws like Barons and those hideous Denim Family First pairs sold out on release day in 2014.

Also diluting 1s has been going on for years-remember Phats? Alphas? V1s?

Back
Top Bottom