Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I think people started liking the shadows more after or around the time of the black/red I release. I think afterwards is when we actually started noticing the aftermarket price increase

I thought edmund was flashin his royal pack again. Nice job with the differences.
Lmao! :lol:

The shadows were always loved around here. It just was less desired cause hype was on toros. Gave a stigma that shadows weren't worth it at the time when people pass for another shoe

Last edited:
I think people started liking the shadows more after or around the time of the black/red I release. I think afterwards is when we actually started noticing the aftermarket price increase

nah man, Shadows always been sick. No idea why people slept in the first place.

people are weird

nah man, Shadows always been sick. No idea why people slept in the first place.

people are weird
It was because of the toros that released the same day. People were really excited so the shades became a sleeper shoe imo until the black/red Is that's when people's interest in them grew

lol

shadows were the easiest to attain out of all the rest of the Jordan High's that came out.

The love and praise wasn't even that high around NT or anywhere else for that matter.

They were selling for cheap on both ebay and craigslist

Shadows became so appraised after the Royal 1's came out and many people couldn't get their hands on them.

so in turn, everyone changed their minds on shadows because they were easy to attain and cheaper than dropping inflated prices for royals.
Shadows came out after the Royals... I think the price of the Shadows skyrocketed around/after the Bred 1 release

lol

shadows were the easiest to attain out of all the rest of the Jordan High's that came out.

The love and praise wasn't even that high around NT or anywhere else for that matter.

Shadows became so appraised after the Royal 1's came out and many people couldn't get their hands on them.

so in turn, everyone changed their minds on shadows because they were easy to attain and cheaper than dropping inflated prices for royals.

Shadows came out after the Royals... I think the price of the Shadows skyrocketed around/after the Bred 1 release

yup thats when they went up.

shadows released in July 2013

showed up 30 mins before opening on shadow release date. everyone was in line for toros 4s. went to another location 2 hrs after open and picked up a 2nd pair. popular size 10 too. major people are trend followers.

I thought edmund was flashin his royal pack again. Nice job with the differences.
Was about to flex the same Pairs, but I'm still waiting for my FA pair, AJKO, SB Jumpman Pack, 2013 ROYALS, LANCE Blue, I got 4 Blues after all, gonna flex it next week, for now, ill stay low. :smile:

I'm starting to think some people don't want a shoe unless there was some sort of struggle or tears were shed in copping a pair.
People literally had 6 months to cop a pair of shadows for $50-$75 over retail, I just can't take people with stories of missing out on them seriously.

If you only buy shoes once there is a certain level of hype behind them, you'll always have a sob story.

lol

Considering shadows dropped 4 months later I don't think this is the case

This

Was about to flex the same Pairs, but I'm still waiting for my FA pair, AJKO, SB Jumpman Pack, 2013 ROYALS, LANCE Blue, I got 4 Blues after all, gonna flex it next week, for now, ill stay low. :smile:

Are you serious I'm not trying to flame but how can you flex with a collection smaller than 95% of the people in this thread

I'm starting to think some people don't want a shoe unless there was some sort of struggle or tears were shed in copping a pair.
People literally had 6 months to cop a pair of shadows for $50-$75 over retail, I just can't take people with stories of missing out on them seriously.

If you only buy shoes once there is a certain level of hype behind them, you'll always have a sob story.

This. I'm sure this applies to a good chunk of the people in this very thread.

Are you serious I'm not trying to flame but how can you flex with a collection smaller than 95% of the people in this thread

He was being serious and I don't think he meant anything negative by using "flex". Even if he only had 1 pair of 1s, everybody has to start somewhere.

Last edited:
Considering shadows dropped 4 months later I don't think this is the case
This
My collection is nothing compared to 99 % here, I only have like 6 pairs. 

But it's a joke, because I got warned that if I post my royals again I will get banned, so Im joking on the flexing part. Why would you take it seriously?

It's sucks reading about the shadows and how it was under appreciated. I've been ignoring AJ1s and Dunks the past 5 years and now I'm paying for it, literally through high resale prices.

This is it.

Black toes and shadows were easily attainable, just like the AJKO's.

If you didn't get black toes or shadows it was because you really didn't want them. Everyone was concerned about the fire red IV's. I remember being in the I thread and it was like people didn't know they were an OG colorway or realize how wearable they were.

It was funny to see the Baron's come out and people try and convince themselves that they were better, because they didn't want to pay resell prices. :lol:

This is it.

Black toes and shadows were easily attainable, just like the AJKO's.

If you didn't get black toes or shadows it was because you really didn't want them. Everyone was concerned about the fire red IV's. I remember being in the I thread and it was like people didn't know they were an OG colorway or realize how wearable they were.

It was funny to see the Baron's come out and people try and convince themselves that they were better, because they didn't want to pay resell prices.
laugh.gif
This is so true. 

Black Toes were easy, but I didn't get them because it was all star weekend and the big restock too.

My spot limited it to 1 pair and I went for the Bred 4 over black toes.

I figure since I had old loves and AJKOs that the black toes could wait.

I didn't even try for shadows because I really wanted the 2009 release.

My collection is nothing compared to 99 % here, I only have like 6 pairs. 
But it's a joke, because I got warned that if I post my royals again I will get banned, so Im joking on the flexing part. Why would you take it seriously?

Nah, I'm not taking it serious. I was honestly just asking. I attach the term flex to some d bag who wants to show offer something that is unattainable to most (and propably will never be worn by the poster) and one pair of royals ain't that I was unaware that you would be banned for showing off your shoes

Back
Top Bottom