• Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
That part lol I'm on a huge soul search for once instead of a sole search
source.gif

I’ve learned to be able to appreciate without needing to purchase

I learned this as a kid, beggin moms for kicks every time a new eastbay magazine was delivered to the house.

All them “No”s I got as a kid has made it much easier to not buy everything I see on NT/IG/etc as an adult.

Not to be preaching, but some cats just seem into certain things for the wrong reasons.

Fitting in, trends, etc.

I guess my views are a little different, as I’ve been into shoes heavy since a kid in elementary.

No one “brainwashed” me into thinking this was kool or anything like that.

So I honestly can’t imagine me not into this shoe thing or ever getting rid of my collection.

This real love, b :pimp:

Hmmm technically we were brainwashed lol I mean you didn't come out the womb like "I need these things I see on people's feet" its all advertising, I can get really deep into this. I'm not a new jack to sneakers, been into them since I was a kid watching the sandlot with the PF Flyers and as I grew my love for the culture and sneakers grew. I just realize that my values have been changing and I been getting influenced by things such as japanese minimalism and trying to apply it to my life. I've gained more interests in other things that give me a greater reward internally. I'll never not love sneakers and I'll never stop buying a pair I really like but at a certain point in my eyes I gotta question everything and streamlining my collection makes sense. Once again, your prerogative brody, keep coppin in peace.

I'm gonna be 44 next month and still love sneakers. Stopped buying shoes for about 20 yrs because my priorities changed and chose to travel and party instead of buying stuff. Best decision I've made so far.

Fast forward to present and my collection is over 20 shoes I bought the last 2 yrs and I think I'm going to slow down significantly before I run out of closet space. Not to mention when will I wear all these shoes before I'm too old to lace up a pair...

I also changed my mind about trying to get a pair of frags, they super nice but I don't think I can consciously shell out 2k for them. Although Jordans are my passion, there are others things in life that are so much valuable in the long run. I rather be 80 yrs old with lots of happy memories and life experiences to tell my future grandchildren then to be sitting at a retirement home trying to find storage space for a ton of sneakers.

Of course happiness means different things for different people so not trying to judge anyone here, just gotta make sure it's still a hobby not an obsession.
wait why aren't you guys passing these collections down; as a grandchild i'd much rather have some twenty y/o 2015 chi's; then hearing about pop pop gettin stoned in a amsterdam cafè in his youth

No hate towards you....by all means, do u.

I’ve just heard the spill countless times from cats on here....from retiring, (which is :lol: btw), to having their wives determine what they do with their collections :lol:

in summation you're both right; as a kid you're influenced and just continue to appreciate but it's not about whether or not you're brainwashed; either you liked it (whatever hobby) and joined; or liked it, joined, and then left

but i'm giving every nt the benefit of the doubt because we all know there are people that are basically brainwashed because they do follow trends and have their tastes dictated by a timeline

It's gonna be a peaceful couple months for me until 9/22. Even if there was something coming out before then that I wanted, I just had to splurge on this Vegas trip, so I wouldn't get it regardless :lol:

No hate towards you....by all means, do u.

I’ve just heard the spill countless times from cats on here....from retiring, (which is :lol: btw), to having their wives determine what they do with their collections :lol:
yea i don't get saying you're retiring; unless of course you don't only buy what you like; to me if you're retiring that means no other shoe produced looks good enough to wear/own; or you didn't have collecting guidelines

i think i only have the sbb 31's, which mike never wore that silhouette, so my time capsule is 85-98
i purposely only wear jordans, as to not go through these existential dilemmas of downsizing my collection

That's what's up my ideal collection is one OG colorway of each air max line(0, 1, 90, 180, BW, 93, 95, 97, 98 the 3 91'QS OG Huaraches, All I need are scream green. Limiting myself to 10 pairs of 1s, the 4 og colorways of the 5s, 6's, 4s, 3s, 3 of the OG 7 colorways and 3 of the OG 8 colorways(thats if they all get remastered) also, the og colorways of the 2's if they get a remaster. B/red 11 remaster and Space Jam remaster and a few specials i.e. mars yard, atmos jade am1, frags, OW prestos. I'd be good with that set up lol I have a new balance and the Adidas iniki so that itch has been scratched. I'm a nike head mostly. My sneakerhead friends be like "man, you don't like nothing" and I tell em it's because I really just want OG's so I can have my capsule collection, they don't underdig.

I think the vast majority here have these in their top 5 although in different order:
Breds
Royals
Chicagos
BTs
Shadows

But I'm curious to see what everyone's rest of the top 10 looks like. Here is mine

6. Frags
7. White LM
8. Sails
9. SBBs
10. Game royals

I think the vast majority here have these in their top 5 although in different order:
Breds
Royals
Chicagos
BTs
Shadows

But I'm curious to see what everyone's rest of the top 10 looks like. Here is mine

6. Frags
7. White LM
8. Sails
9. SBBs
10. Game royals

1. Chicago
2. My black tongue Black Toe
3. Royal
4. Shadow
5. SBB 1.0
6. SBB 2.0
7. Game Royal
8. Navy Metallic
9. B/red
10. My Purple Chicago's when they're done.

Breds
Royals
Chicagos
BTs
Shadows

6. Frags
7. White LM
8. Sails
9. SBBs
10. Game royals

1. Black Toes
2. Breds
3. Chicagos
4. Royals
5. Shadows
6. Gold Toe
7. SBB
8. Storm Blue
9. Reverse SBB
10. Metallic Navy

Haha no it's not that, it's the money being constantly spent on sneakers in general and the buying retail and paying resell for kicks. I could use that money to save up and go to another country for a week or 2 or however long if I make enough and save up enough. Just a matter of prioritizing again. Travel > Kicks

Earlier this year I brought it up with how many releases nike had hit us with that if I didn't wake up I would have spent upwards to 3-4000 bucks on attaining them. Meanwhile, I got homies backpacking in the UK on that kinda budget. That's something I've always wanted to do but I end up psyching myself out or looking at the expenses when a huge reason as to why it's like that is because of my purchasing of so many sneakers and other items. Heck I would of used the money saved to travel but I was in school and sold some items/saved some cash and got myself a vehicle.

yea true true. it’s mentality and preference. personally i’m not much of a travel guy. American citizen and i’ve been out of the country literally once in my 31 yrs. Maybe i’ve little preference or interest in other countries, like the only other places i might visit are Canada, Australia, India, and some other Asian countries. And there’s like what 195 -200 something countries out there.

I compare/contrast sneakers to lower and higher priced things. Bigger name brand sneakers are generally expensive when compared to other affordable name brand apparel, for ex some jordan msrp are like $160-220 when something like american eagle or regular nike or north face shirts and pants are like $30-60 msrp.

Or if I compare/contrast to paying bills $10-$100/month or whatever.

However If i contrast or compare them to more expensive stuff like jewelry, houses property etc we know those things gonna be like upper 3-4 figures to millions, so that perspective makes sneakers look less expensive. People collect jewels, property, shoes, clothes, art, cars etc. All have their prices.

So for me sneakers have been sort of in the middle where I can buy some but also have enough to pay for other things. Resell is another story.

On top of that more important than money is time. I don’t think I’ll be like 80 rocking jays/nikes. One thing I think traveling and buying and rocking sneakers have in common is its more appreciated when you are young. Sure you might like them later on life but then again most people monitor their health or they move on to other interests, priorities, or they get more responsible about more important things like marriage, kids, financial planning, creating wealth, college costs, parents medicare etc.

In no order, chicago, purple metallic, unc, black/white, tan pinnacle, lance mountain, royal, don't really feel the need to force myself to pick ten.

If I had to choose 7 1s for 7 days of the week

(if no other 1s came out)

unordered

blk red 1s, royals, chicagos, shadows, frags, kentucky/storms, sbbs.

I don’t think I’ll be like 80 rocking jays/nikes.
1's are tanks you can rock them at 92 man

chis, black tongue black toes, sbb, breds, unc, barons(before i owned them), shadows(ranked after purchase), royals; frags def make the cut but i'm like an anti-hype beast so the logo on the side reminds me of the backwards forward jumpman on an 11; but blue black toes look so good

blk red 1s, royals, chicagos, shadows, frags, kentucky/storms, sbbs.
storms look so good; but can't catch them at my price

Yeah size 7 - 7.5 shot up as well.

Definitely the don 312 had an affect.

The game royal are super nice, don’t know why people disliked the colorway
i have a pair and i like em (moreso after the white tongue swap)

i think it was the "quality" that was the biggest gripe on that release, rather than the colorway....i thought they were gonna sell well since people were on the bred toe wave from the previous month and everybody was talking about customizing them into frags, but i think the hit-or-miss leather turned people off. my pair from snkrs was a huge miss....i got some stiff plastic on mine, which is a shame because i was asking for a "blue chicago" for years.

Back
Top Bottom