• Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
yea

can’t travel or walk without jordan 1s

right >D

Haha no it's not that, it's the money being constantly spent on sneakers in general and the buying retail and paying resell for kicks. I could use that money to save up and go to another country for a week or 2 or however long if I make enough and save up enough. Just a matter of prioritizing again. Travel > Kicks

Earlier this year I brought it up with how many releases nike had hit us with that if I didn't wake up I would have spent upwards to 3-4000 bucks on attaining them. Meanwhile, I got homies backpacking in the UK on that kinda budget. That's something I've always wanted to do but I end up psyching myself out or looking at the expenses when a huge reason as to why it's like that is because of my purchasing of so many sneakers and other items. Heck I would of used the money saved to travel but I was in school and sold some items/saved some cash and got myself a vehicle.

Last edited:
Haha no it's not that, it's the money being constantly spent on sneakers in general and the buying retail and paying resell for kicks. I could use that money to save up and go to another country for a week or 2 or however long if I make enough and save up enough. Just a matter of prioritizing again. Travel > Kicks
very wise. you're ahead of the game if you've got this mentality.

All that needs to happen is some weird kid **** to surface or something and all of this is over tomorrow. The 900 is guaranteed today. It could be 1500 next year. It could be 50. The world is crazy and unpredictable. You cant always count on the past. Limits like fears are just an illusion and other such slogans i dont know its time for bed
i feel like you typed that just to type; could you make a more coherent point about "weird kid shhh" that would affect the price or fear forced limitations because I don't follow

in the resell game nothing is guaranteed, prices are usually within a range

with anything prices can fluctuate; but you can watch the prices either rise or fall and decide to unload the shoes

Earlier this year I brought it up with how many releases nike had hit us with that if I didn't wake up I would have spent upwards to 3-4000 bucks on attaining them. Meanwhile, I got homies backpacking in the UK on that kinda budget. That's something I've always wanted to do but I end up psyching myself out or looking at the expenses when a huge reason as to why it's like that is because of my purchasing of so many sneakers and other items. Heck I would of used the money saved to travel but I was in school and sold some items/saved some cash and got myself a vehicle.
is traveling more noble than buying shoes?
can't you stop buying if you feel like it's a rat race?
i'm not big on traveling because well its earth; kinda unimpressed because my phone can show me the same thing my eyes would see; but i only buy what i like, so everything in my collection has purpose; however if you buy off a whim or just because they're jordans, then yea i can see you feeling like it's an endless cycle........
but i'm not selling off unless my mortgage calls for it; or i can get a sick deal on outer space travel........

is traveling more noble than buying shoes?
can't you stop buying if you feel like it's a rat race?
i'm not big on traveling because well its earth; kinda unimpressed because my phone can show me the same thing my eyes would see; but i only buy what i like, so everything in my collection has purpose; however if you buy off a whim or just because they're jordans, then yea i can see you feeling like it's an endless cycle........
but i'm not selling off unless my mortgage calls for it; or i can get a sick deal on outer space travel........

See, to me traveling is something I've always wanted to do. It's not more noble but it's something I want to prioritize before I start settling down. I don't have a house. I'm used to taking all my stuff and changing location. I grew up a military brat so traveling was a natural part of my childhood that I loved. Sneakers is cool but I personally feel like I'm outgrowing the allure of it. I've got so many that I honestly can't justify owning because I barely wear them and I'm quicker to pick up a 1 vs (insert whatever shoe here). Personally, I seek a more minimal aesthetic. I can't go full minimal because of my essentials but I can stop myself and off a a huge chunk of pairs to simplify it. I want to see the things I see on tv, on my phone, on the net in real life. I want to have those real life experiences vs crowding around my computer or phone because I'm trying to get a draw or to add to cart. I been hiking a lot lately and exploring more and my love for shoes is dwindled because those experiences are so much more fulfilling to me. I buy what I like but I begun pondering "do I really like these things? Or do I like it because I'm being told to or being fed these images so frequently that it's just eventually becomes something I 'like' or 'need' due to repetitious imaging? " I think it's becoming the latter perspective moreso than the former perspective.

Last edited:
My size in Chicagos (12) is going for $550ish. Don't know where all this $900 talk is coming from, unless you're a few specific sizes.

Think I'm about to join the downsizing club. No need for all this crap in my life. Some crap, sure, but not too much :ohwell:

reading this post was like reading my exact feelings about 10-12 years ago.....there was a time when the "sneaker game" just got old to me. not to sound like some old dude, but here in chicago back during the SB era, it was a super cool community that was all about sharing interests and helping each other out. that was my experience anyway.

then along come these newjacks that were in it for reselling and notoriety, and they killed it with their vibe and their agendas. also trends shifted to stuff like bapestas and ice creams that i couldnt really get down with and the boom of social media took it to another level. i went on a sneaker hiatus and did other stuff with my money....took up other hobbies, traveled, invested, etc. i also purged my collection a couple times and held onto the pieces that really mattered. don't regret anything during this time, because i enjoyed it and had alotta fun during this phase.

then JB went and had 2015 and 2016, and yup, here i am...

reading this post was like reading my exact feelings about 10-12 years ago.....the "sneaker game" got old quick. not to sound like some old dude, but here in chicago back during the SB era, it was a super cool community that was all about sharing interests and helping each other out. that was my experience anyway.

then along come these newjacks that were in it for reselling and notoriety, and they killed it with their vibe and their agendas. also trends shifted to stuff like bapestas and ice creams that i couldnt really get down with and the boom of social media took it to another level. i went on a sneaker hiatus and did other stuff with my money....took up other hobbies, traveled, invested, etc. i also purged my collection a couple times and held onto the pieces that really mattered. don't regret anything during this time, because i enjoyed it and had alotta fun during this phase.

then JB went and had 2015 and 2016, and yup, here i am...

Man! The remastered initiative pretty much killed my need to simplify things lol around the time right before it started off I was happy about my 15 pairs (air max 1 (red & blue) am90 (infrared & laser blue) 85 b/red, 2013 Chicago, 01 royal, DTRT metallic red, 06 metallic V, black cement 3, true blue 3, scream green huarache, 99 b/red 4, 99 cement 4, and the 94 black cement) once those remasters hit. I was brought right back in lol

See, to me traveling is something I've always wanted to do. It's not more noble but it's something I want to prioritize before I start settling down. I don't have a house. I'm used to taking all my stuff and changing location. I grew up a military brat so traveling was a natural part of my childhood that I loved. Sneakers is cool but I personally feel like I'm outgrowing the allure of it. I've got so many that I honestly can't justify owning because I barely wear them and I'm quicker to pick up a 1 vs (insert whatever shoe here). Personally, I seek a more minimal aesthetic. I can't go full minimal because of my essentials but I can stop myself and off a a huge chunk of pairs to simplify it. I want to see the things I see on tv, on my phone, on the net in real life. I want to have those real life experiences vs crowding around my computer or phone because I'm trying to get a draw or to add to cart. I been hiking a lot lately and exploring more and my love for shoes is dwindled because those experiences are so much more fulfilling to me. I buy what I like but I begun pondering "do I really like these things? Or do I like it because I'm being told to or being fed these images so frequently that it's just eventually becomes something I 'like' or 'need' due to repetitious imaging? " I think it's becoming the latter perspective moreso than the former perspective.
naw I'm sorry I should have quoted that person that called it wise; i understand it's a luxury but i laugh at people that somehow think shoes are the most materialistic purchase ever
wouldn't minimizing be subjective though?
i hope you know what you like; but nowadays i
can understand if you aren't sure whether you can see past hype
when it comes to real life experiences; i control my experience (location doesn't change my attitude) if i know i can see it in person it's unimpressive......but to be honest, i've done a fair amount of traveling; so as with shoes it's possible that changing locations on this earth can become less exciting; the same with changing colors on the same shoe

oh yea i have a hard time throwing on the 45's because the birds eye view of the 1 on foot is amazing and now my other shoes look bulky (minus the 7's)

Last edited:
7FF4F996-CF36-46D7-AFBD-587712F5FE24.jpeg

Well these came sooner than expected

Gonna l/c the mess outta them then it’s straight to feet!

Edit: theres no fakes of Clays?

Welp there it is. So the time has come huh?
I'm just saying man. Be prepared, I'm going to roast you so hard. :lol:

Let me remind everyone:
as long as the Shadows are on par build wise with the Breds and Royals, everythings all good and I can get out the (1) game, still copping regardless tho

My dude Lakers said "AFTER THE SHADOWS I'M DONE." "AFTER THE SHADOWS I'M RETIRED."

I told him he wouldn't last. He replied with:

Lmao. I can’t think of too many more iterations of 1’s that I need. Got the breds, royals, Sails just as a neutral color, next up Shadows

The only way I’d un-retire is if they re-re-remaster the 1’s to look like the ‘85’s somehow, even then its a maybe lol

Only if the they brought back the 85 MOLD huh? Even then it's a MAYBE?
Shadows came out in April, three months and you are back? I know you got the OWs too but I let that slide since they were a special release of sorts.

I told you dude I'd be watching like a hawk.

laugh.gif

I mean the whole shoe hoarding thing came about when

1. We didn’t know IF shoes would ever re release
2. People were getting them for cheap
3. There was no aftermarket/resale market

IMO huge collections are now pointless. You can grab what you want when you want or just wait for a retro. Of course the obligatory “do you”.

Let me remind everyone:

My dude Lakers said "AFTER THE SHADOWS I'M DONE." "AFTER THE SHADOWS I'M RETIRED."

Shadows came out in April, three months and you are back? I know you got the OWs too but I let that slide since they were a special release of sorts.

laugh.gif

:lol::lol::nthat: Yoooo infinite reps :lol:

I damn near owe you a pair now>D

I blame NT (this thread really), for always posting ebay coupons, i ALWAYS give in :lol:

I mean the whole shoe hoarding thing came about when

1. We didn’t know IF shoes would ever re release
2. People were getting them for cheap
3. There was no aftermarket/resale market

IMO huge collections are now pointless. You can grab what you want when you want or just wait for a retro. Of course the obligatory “do you”.
the first 2 still exist so i don't see how it's pointless to have a huge collection
the only thing i think can be called pointless would be buying a shoe for no other reason than it released

naw I'm sorry I should have quoted that person that called it wise; i understand it's a luxury but i laugh at people that somehow think shoes are the most materialistic purchase ever

Oh of course not lol people will spend a lot more or some meaningless bull but sneakers is one of those things in my world that do eat away at my bank account way too much lol and for what? Collecting? Love? Wearing? Stunting? Showing off? Something nice to look at? So many more questions i ask myself and the truth is the shoes mean diddly-squat from a purely objective point of view. Aside from my Love of them I'm essentially buying multiple colors of the same shoe because the images I'm fed and the connection I feel with the community and the few people I do interact with. Its been fun but i need to make a change. I was talking with some fellow sneakerheads at work and the only thing they are concerned with is the next cop, the cop after that, the one after that, if it's heat or not.. How's the resell? How they can switch up a bit? Etc it's like damn, ok. Do what you wanna do bro lol but if I talk to them about something more they offer no input or output. Just what's hot lol they're younger but I was never that face deep into the game where I couldn't have a convo without talking about a pair. I think back to when I was a kid I didn't care about shoes or sports or gasp, Michael Jordan. I wanted to be an archaeologist/cartoonist/illustrator for a comic. Working on the latter half at the moment while I'm in school.

I'm just trying to find a better balance for myself and my values and a step in the right direction in my eyes is letting off a ton of pairs lol

Last edited:

Let me remind everyone:

laugh.gif
EM1AT3j.gif

You’ll feel a lot better once you’ve downsized considerably and you adhere to a strict retail or below policy. As far as travel is concerned try to plan any big trips In advance. Set them as goals and budget accordingly, and strictly. :lol:

Let me remind everyone:

laugh.gif

Makes me think about theltrain lol one of the coolest dudes but will be like "nah I'm out" but come time of release we'll either see he got the cop or not

Oh of course not lol people will spend a lot more or some meaningless bull but sneakers is one of those things in my world that do eat away at my bank account way too much lol and for what? Collecting? Love? Wearing? Stunting? Showing off? Something nice to look at? So many more questions i ask myself and the truth is the shoes mean diddly-squat from a purely objective point of view. Aside from my Love of them I'm essentially buying multiple colors of the same shoe because the images I'm fed and the connection I feel with the community and the few people I do interact with. Its been fun but i need to make a change. I was talking with some fellow sneakerheads at work and the only thing they are concerned with is the next cop, the cop after that, the one after that, if it's heat or not.. How's the resell? How they can switch up a bit? Etc it's like damn, ok. Do what you wanna do bro lol but if I talk to them about something more they offer no input or output. Just what's hot lol they're younger but I was never that face deep into the game where I couldn't have a convo without talking about a pair. I think back to when I was a kid I didn't care about shoes or sports or gasp, Michael Jordan. I wanted to be an archaeologist/cartoonist/illustrator for a comic. Working on the latter half at the moment while I'm in school.

I'm just trying to find a better balance for myself and my values and a step in the right direction in my eyes is letting off a ton of pairs lol
lol, but once you start hanging around the jetsetters you'll soon see its always about the next destination
regardless of what you're passionate about it has to be your passion, being infatuated with the culture will lead to apathy if it's not your passion
i'm not passionate about shoes; i'm passionate about fashion because that's my art

Makes me think about theltrain lol one of the coolest dudes but will be like "nah I'm out" but come time of release we'll either see he got the cop or not

Lol we should roast him too for saying "From now on I'm only going after OGs."

If I can just get the remaining og cw And frags I’d be happy to quit.
Picked up my H2H pairs. Champs Perimeter only had 15 pairs.
31A7DB10-6D6C-4BE6-BB78-9D894D10D006.jpeg

I didn't realize H2Hs released in 85. :wink:

Also you too Samsay, you caved into clays a couple of pages back. :lol:

lol, but once you start hanging around the jetsetters you'll soon see its always about the next destination
regardless of what you're passionate about it has to be your passion, being infatuated with the culture will lead to apathy if it's not your passion
i'm not passionate about shoes; i'm passionate about fashion because that's my art

Sound advice! I love fashion but I can't keep up with trends lol I'm all about gems at a thrift store

Back
Top Bottom