Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I honestly can't rank 1s because I love all the OG's the true trinity sits at the #1 spot and then after that i just love what's on my feet at the moment. There's so many colors and the OG set along with these plus colorways makes it tough to rank them. The only ones that I'm peggin down are the ones that I don't have in my collection and have no intention of purchasing. Rust Pinks > igloo. Pine Green > B/red Toe, etc etc. Black/whites on feet while I watch The Office today

IMG_20180715_193547_822.jpg

I bought chis VNDS back in December for $450. They were pretty much just laced up. Only reason I bought them. Thank god I bought them then cuz I’m not trying to pay $900 for those

300 for my Chi's DS in a 12 was such a good idea back when I scooped em. Shoulda bought 2 more pairs in hindsight lol would love to make some kind of capital off of DS pairs

As much as I love Chicago’s I’m seriously considering this. Prices are getting ridiculous
Then you wouldnt have chicagos. Youd have more glitter mold weird cheap chinese mass produced whatevers.

The prices are just confirming my belief that they were the best of all releases except for frags. As if to say that Nike seems to have put the most effort into that release (production-wise) than any one since. Except until maybe recently with the shadows, though I have yet to actually hold them and shadows are no chicago as far as colorway goes.

I always knew they were worth more than shatterd backbrds and theyre finally moving past them.

Im selling SBBs before those Chis without hesitation if and when the time comes.

And with that, somehow I talked my way into an appetite for crablegs and cocktail sauce. I wish that was possible around here.

Last edited:
tempted because they will only continue to rise in value before the next drop; in 3 years they rose to @ a stack; imagine what they could be worth by next year
All that needs to happen is some weird kid **** to surface or something and all of this is over tomorrow. The 900 is guaranteed today. It could be 1500 next year. It could be 50. The world is crazy and unpredictable. You cant always count on the past. Limits like fears are just an illusion and other such slogans i dont know its time for bed

I found lightly worn (100% stars, no heel drag, and hardly any yellowing) 1994 chicagos with OG box for $505 via ebay in March 2017. Gives me a good laugh when I think about paying for that vs. paying 75% more for some 2015 1s, whether that's shattered backboard or chicago.

The prices are just confirming my belief that they were the best of all releases except for frags. As if to say that Nike seems to have put the most effort into that release (production-wise) than any one since. Except until maybe recently with the shadows, though I have yet to actually hold them and shadows are no chicago as far as colorway goes.

I always knew they were worth more than shatterd backbrds and theyre finally moving past them.
Maybe, just maybe, they are a favorite colorway to many that had a weird release and seemed to be less produced than it's counterpart. The quality argument only comes into play with the hype of a popular model. There are a few non popular colorways with excellent quality that aren't seeing the crazy resale prices that SBB and Chicago's are seeing.

I would be tempted to sell my pair for 900 if offered
just listed mine on the buy/sell section

screw goat/stockX fees and thats mainly because im selling to rebuy. not tryna pay outta pocket for shoes I already paid resell for when they dropped

I like traveling.

I like shoes more.

Ay, that's your preogative. Buy on Brody. To me, collecting Sneakers is becoming a mindless empty void that will never be filled at this time of my life. There are a few that I'll still attain for my collection(frags, mars yard, atmos jade am1, etc) but other than that I see no reason to keep endlessly adding more and more meat to the monster. Companies and their "influencers" have done a hell of a job brainwashing us and this stuff doesn't feel fun anymore. It feels more like a chore. There are shoes that I would of never cared for or thought of that I now see myself wanting because I see them all over IG. It's not because I inherently like or want the shoe but because i keep getting fed images of it therefore inducing this weird "need" for them over time. Perfect example are the react 87s and the OFF-WHITE 1s. I didn't feel them at first but as I saw more and more on-feet and fits of people whose body doesn't look like mine-("influencers" are almost always skinny or skinny athletic with smaller feet and have access to name brand clothing) I started wanting them because the fit is dope. Willing to pay a massive resell just to say "I got em". When they wouldnt even look right on me due to my personal tastes and my body type #huskymuscledgang Those new balenciaga shoes are damn ugly but people wanna buy them because that's the "trend" to follow. In a year or two people will be like "I had those? Ew, what was I thinking?" Heck I love my 1s but I see the futility in the "gotta catch em all" of it when I initially just wanted the OG set. I've overencoumbered myself enough.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom