Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
man call me crazy; went into 9_10 condition in bmore; planned on getting clays but felt like blue moons popped way more

Did this shoe ever retro
40351A63-F8D5-4505-8F7D-9D8256A4C87F.jpeg

Lol we should roast him too for saying "From now on I'm only going after OGs."

I didn't realize H2Hs released in 85. :wink:

Also you too Samsay, you caved into clays a couple of pages back. :lol:

What can I say lol they "grew on me" Still haven't pulled the trigger yet but damn that olive green is so nice. If I don't get the pines than I'll go for clays lol

Sound advice! I love fashion but I can't keep up with trends lol I'm all about gems at a thrift store
real fashion doesn't come from trends, and **** you hit the right thrifts you can walk away with some nice 501's......most of what people like today isn't my bag, but thats why i call it art because it's all subjective; except the well known fact
JORDAN
yeezy

the first 2 still exist so i don't see how it's pointless to have a huge collection
the only thing i think can be called pointless would be buying a shoe for no other reason than it released
Man outside of odd colabs everything will retro. “Cheap” naw man. Buying air max’s and OG b-ball shoes for 40-50 bucks ain’t happening

Oh of course not lol people will spend a lot more or some meaningless bull but sneakers is one of those things in my world that do eat away at my bank account way too much lol and for what? Collecting? Love? Wearing? Stunting? Showing off? Something nice to look at? So many more questions i ask myself and the truth is the shoes mean diddly-squat from a purely objective point of view. Aside from my Love of them I'm essentially buying multiple colors of the same shoe because the images I'm fed and the connection I feel with the community and the few people I do interact with. Its been fun but i need to make a change. I was talking with some fellow sneakerheads at work and the only thing they are concerned with is the next cop, the cop after that, the one after that, if it's heat or not.. How's the resell? How they can switch up a bit? Etc it's like damn, ok. Do what you wanna do bro lol but if I talk to them about something more they offer no input or output. Just what's hot lol they're younger but I was never that face deep into the game where I couldn't have a convo without talking about a pair. I think back to when I was a kid I didn't care about shoes or sports or gasp, Michael Jordan. I wanted to be an archaeologist/cartoonist/illustrator for a comic. Working on the latter half at the moment while I'm in school.

I'm just trying to find a better balance for myself and my values and a step in the right direction in my eyes is letting off a ton of pairs lol

My brother it sounds you need to do some soul searching. You are obviously having some difficulty and questioning if you are enjoying this hobby anymore. For me personally it's a simple yes or no when I see a new pair. I don't care about rarity, or resell value, or who is wearing it. Only simply if I like it. You need to ask yourself if you this is something you are enjoying. If the shoes mean nothing then get rid of them. They are only shoes, pieces of leather and rubber.

Man outside of odd colabs everything will retro. “Cheap” naw man. Buying air max’s and OG b-ball shoes for 40-50 bucks ain’t happening
yea but i got a pair of 13 grey toe for 75 nds; it's steals out here when you know how to negotiate and never NEED anything

My brother it sounds you need to do some soul searching. You are obviously having some difficulty and questioning if you are enjoying this hobby anymore. For me personally it's a simple yes or no when I see a new pair. I don't care about rarity, or resell value, or who is wearing it. Only simply if I like it. You need to ask yourself if you this is something you are enjoying. If the shoes mean nothing then get rid of them. They are only shoes, pieces of leather and rubber.

That part lol I'm on a huge soul search for once instead of a sole search

Things got out of control last year, so I made myself a budget this year and try to stick to this rule:

If I already have similar shoes (same model and/or color), do I like the potential new shoe more than the ones in my current collection?

For instance, I copped the Jeter 11s. Nice shoe. But I already have 2 other 11s (including the Win Like 82s), that I like better. And I have a lot of blue kicks, many of which I like better. So they're going back.

Probably.

I guess my views are a little different, as I’ve been into shoes heavy since a kid in elementary.

No one “brainwashed” me into thinking this was kool or anything like that.

So I honestly can’t imagine me not into this shoe thing or ever getting rid of my collection.

This real love, b :pimp:

I guess my views are a little different, as I’ve been into shoes heavy since a kid in elementary.

No one “brainwashed” me into thinking this was kool or anything like that.

So I honestly can’t imagine me not into this shoe thing or ever getting rid of my collection.

This real love, b :pimp:
The love will always be there but the NEED won’t. I’ve learned to be able to appreciate without needing to purchase

I'm gonna be 44 next month and still love sneakers. Stopped buying shoes for about 20 yrs because my priorities changed and chose to travel and party instead of buying stuff. Best decision I've made so far.

Fast forward to present and my collection is over 20 shoes I bought the last 2 yrs and I think I'm going to slow down significantly before I run out of closet space. Not to mention when will I wear all these shoes before I'm too old to lace up a pair...

I also changed my mind about trying to get a pair of frags, they super nice but I don't think I can consciously shell out 2k for them. Although Jordans are my passion, there are others things in life that are so much valuable in the long run. I rather be 80 yrs old with lots of happy memories and life experiences to tell my future grandchildren then to be sitting at a retirement home trying to find storage space for a ton of sneakers.

Of course happiness means different things for different people so not trying to judge anyone here, just gotta make sure it's still a hobby not an obsession.

Back
Top Bottom