Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
was thinking about doing a tongue swap with my black toes and game royals so that the black toes will have black tongues and the game royals will have white tongue like a true blue chicago rip. The problem is the black tongue on the game royals is a v nice touch and IDK how the GRs would look with a white tongue

was also thinking I can find a donor pair to grab the black tongues from but at that point id have to buy new shoes which seems like a lot of effort

was thinking about doing a tongue swap with my black toes and game royals so that the black toes will have black tongues and the game royals will have white tongue like a true blue chicago rip. The problem is the black tongue on the game royals is a v nice touch and IDK how the GRs would look with a white tongue

was also thinking I can find a donor pair to grab the black tongues from but at that point id have to buy new shoes which seems like a lot of effort
youre trippin if youre second guessing that white tongue on the game royals. do it.

just.
do it.

and IDK how the GRs would look with a white tongues

83B74231-A3C0-4110-BAB1-F5A4AB307546.jpeg

I did this back in May. For the black tongue on the black toes I used the triple black sails which I got at the outlets for $120 CAD ($90 USD)

Here's the post
https://niketalk.com/threads/official-toronto-outlet-and-store-report.12476/page-2004#post-30055734

Let me preface this by saying I’m totally fine with creases... long time Jordan 1 Collector and the wear is part of the appeal for me...

That said... anyone else seeing this kind of wear on their 2016 Black Toe? Fine raised wrinkles that almost look like the paint wasn’t sealed properly... honestly looks like they are moments from peeling or cracking (especially around perf holes), which is what has me concerned. Only on the right shoe, and I seem to remember some others saying something about the right shoe on black toes having more of a creasing problem...

Would be interested to see pics of heavily worn black toes to see just how they hold up.

BDA06A72-8FFC-4879-AFDF-EF0BC2B48A3D.jpeg

See if you cant damp towel iron that out or to properly set it. I had the same issue with one of my bordeaux 7s and doing so seemed to finish the job they shouldve.

I can feel your need for a purple chi through my computer screen. One of these days bro, one of these days.

Man! The purple toes just wouldn't hold a candle to purple chi's it looks off in sbb colorblocking tbh. Imma end up buying the purp toes and salvaging the tongue tags and turning them into beaters after that. I will have a purple chi.

GR's with white tongue is sick.....makes me feel like finding a third pair lol. Gotta find a cheap donor shoe though.

Turn slowly seems to be starting with the Hyper Royals. I was already in, just waiting for discount.

Let me preface this by saying I’m totally fine with creases... long time Jordan 1 Collector and the wear is part of the appeal for me...

That said... anyone else seeing this kind of wear on their 2016 Black Toe? Fine raised wrinkles that almost look like the paint wasn’t sealed properly... honestly looks like they are moments from peeling or cracking (especially around perf holes), which is what has me concerned. Only on the right shoe, and I seem to remember some others saying something about the right shoe on black toes having more of a creasing problem...

Would be interested to see pics of heavily worn black toes to see just how they hold up.

BDA06A72-8FFC-4879-AFDF-EF0BC2B48A3D.jpeg
Worn mine to the ground before I donated them. They won’t rip. Soles gave out before they did

28754653-_D044-4007-9_FB1-_F0_B1_A89979_E6.jpg
How come 1 side of 1 of my REVERSE shattered backboard shoe isnt tumbled? (the white/sail part)

68_BD1674-73_B6-4_BC5-910_F-_C755_E63025_B0.jpg

Last edited:
yep, virgil wants you all to know ..."out with the whites" .... the man's family is literally what his company moniker is ...his kids are "off-white" if we're going by the definition of defining "grey area" between black & white.
1a65ed8b4cb5756217c1111b8b5a1c51.jpg
Virgil-Abloh-Kids.jpg
jyZl0CA (1).jpg
i'm pro black as hell & dude went innnnnnnn on that post & i totally agree "LET ME KNOW WHEN" ... but off-white clearly tells you what company stands for & that ain't it ...& this ain't the place for it, let's get back to the kicks yo !

Back
Top Bottom