Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Do you yall believe 1s should be vaulted for a bit?
Yes or no, and why?
Have never subscribed to the idea of "vaulting" shoes, so no. If people want to keep buying pairs, I don't need JB to stop making pairs so I can feel special about having them and not letting others have the opportunity to cop. As long as dope colorways are dropping, keep releasing. I'm not gonna get every pair that drops anyways, so more pairs doesn't affect me. They'd never vault Air Force 1s or Chucks, and IMO Jordan 1s are just as classic. If they want to "vault" something, they should "vault" puttting the Jumpman on 1s. Being an 80's baby (1986), I've lived through when you could only get 1s with the Jumpman on them, and while I own a few that I love, now that they're even putting NA on brand new colorways and not just OGs, I legitimately don't get why they still use the Jumpman. You're telling women and kids "you can have 1s, but you can't have 'true' 1s," and I know all these random and different colorways would sell better with NA on them.

haha.jpg

Oh yea btw I solved glitter gate... Don't know if other people pointed this out tho haven't read up. Drumroll......

Glitter is Coming from the material inside the lace holes. If you pull your laces out you'll see a cocaine like puff of white glittery air come out. So it's not the leather but the white material inside the lace holes . SMH

There probably is some dust (talc on the laces to make them go in easier?) , but it's not causing the glitter. If that was the case I'd have some on virtually every pair and every colour.
It's almost certainly something not washed out properly in the tanning process, something in the black paint, or one of the preservatives put on afterwards leeching out over time and as it drys it crystallises. The leather cream thing seems to wash it out, or at least stop it from crystallising, and customs or pairs I've had to go over with sealer never glitter up.

There probably is some dust (talc on the laces to make them go in easier?) , but it's not causing the glitter. If that was the case I'd have some on virtually every pair and every colour.
It's almost certainly something not washed out properly in the tanning process, something in the black paint, or one of the preservatives put on afterwards leeching out over time and as it drys it crystallises. The leather cream thing seems to wash it out, or at least stop it from crystallising, and customs or pairs I've had to go over with sealer never glitter up.

Pretty much known at this point it’s only black paint causing this.

I knew it. Thank goodness! If they would have tried to do a sweepstakes for the shadows, i would have been pissed. I can easily get a 10min headstart if they do reservations, but if they did a sweepstakes raffle, i'd be sweating bullets.

Back
Top Bottom