Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Just curious...I've been doing customs lately. It seams like an easy fix to this would be to hit the whole upper with a light rub down of acetone to remove the factory finish and then apply a new finish. Has this been tried?

This, need answers. I feel like this would work since the glitter only hits the black parts. My collection isn't too outta hand with the glitter so I don't feel like there's a need to try but if it's as bad as those shadows are, I don't see why not.

Damn, did you at least get some wears out of them?

A few. Haven’t been worn in awhile. Gonna rock em soon just wanted to show how bad it can possibly get. Not sure how it got that severe in the first place

I've notice from most pairs I've seen is that the leather hasn't been broken in (creased). Most of my 1s have creases on the black parts and I don't have glitter on mine. I keep my 2015 and 2016 1s out of the box while I keep my 2017 1s in the box.

As for the acetone and finish reapplication idea, I'd be interested in the results there as well and feel like it's the answer to the problem; but that's still asking quite a bit of consumers.

Especially since there's a margin of error there that could give people more (small, but more regardless) issues to deal with if their idea of a "light rub down" differs from the intended one :lol:

This should be brought to Jordan Brand's attention somehow, at least so the next Shadow release could be spared. Maybe they've already made the fix though and it's just too early to tell still on the Royals.

I really suck at taking pictures on the iPhone (I’ve got the 7 which is still really good) you can’t really see it that great but it’s basically on the entire black upper except for the front of the black on the toe box.

Absolutely zero idea how it got that bad

5E2AE695-F2EC-4FA3-B8A9-16FC472F6D38.jpeg
5DE9FBA7-DF22-46E7-90C5-1B6B9F3190FE.jpeg
Yikes at the iphone 7 camera quality

those shadows are crazy too

Want me to tape myself doing it? :lol:

I’ve done hot water, cold water, JM, dish soap.

Nothing.

I feel for you bro.... I might post some pics of my 2016 breds..... One of my pairs got glitter all over.... Them joints are definitely gonna be going the stockx route sooner or later.

Your shadows hurt my soul.

A huge selling point of 1’s to a lot of people is their lifetime longevity...this glitter thing can be compromising for some that stocked up on pairs for years down the line

Back
Top Bottom