Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
In my opinion, there has been far worse products put out by JB that has been a slap in the face.  1.5's, mid-top 1's with the jump man in place.
True, but at least the 1.5's are a classic that MJ wore when he hurt his ankle.
air-jordan-1-5-the-return-chicago-bulls.jpg

Nice, what was the fix?

Took me awhile to solve it but I didn't want to go the shield route. So I found an old used water bottle at goodwill like this

Then I cut it up and used its pieces to cut out little ovals. The same size(maybe a lil bigger) as corresponding dents and then I unlaced the pair and removed the insole and I applied some loctite super glue to the area and pressed against the dent with the piece to pop it out and held it for 10 seconds. I used the outside of the bottle pieces because it has a natural curve. Doing it to all my pairs that have that ugly little dent. Coolest thing is that I don't feel the plastic so it's like it was never there and I don't have to constantly switch out shields between shoes. I keep my sweet wrinkles but that concave look is not the wave for me.

Last edited:
I'd buy the Off White's only to have as a display piece and to look at and be like "WTH."
laugh.gif

IMO, they are a slap to the face of the Jordan 1 model. I think they should have been the official "Deconstruct 1's" since they look like unfinished product with sloppy execution.
Them and the Rare Airs..........both AJ1 disgraces
mean.gif

Hell, I should quit referring them as AJ1 models.

Nice, what was the fix?

Took me awhile to solve it but I didn't want to go the shield route. So I found an old used water bottle at goodwill like this

Then I cut it up and used its pieces to cut out little ovals. The same size(maybe a lil bigger) as corresponding dents and then I unlaced the pair and removed the insole and I applied some loctite super glue to the area and pressed against the dent with the piece to pop it out and held it for 10 seconds. I used the outside of the bottle pieces because it has a natural curve. Doing it to all my pairs that have that ugly little dent. Coolest thing is that I don't feel the plastic so it's like it was never there and I don't have to constantly switch out shields between shoes. I keep my sweet wrinkles but that concave look is not the wave for me.

You superglued what? :x

Last edited:
Not sure how y'all getting glitter on your 1s. Fortunately, I haven't had any glitter develop on any of my 1s even though I've been storing them for years (DS and worn) with the paper inside the box inside a walk-in closet in room temperature.

One thing I continue to do is every 2-3 months, I take my maybe 10-15 pairs out of the box, put them in one of the extra bedrooms in my house and let them "air out" for 3-5 days in a row. Put them back in the box and back in the closet, then grab 10-15 more pairs, and repeat the process.

Imo, by "airing out" your shoes, especially DS pairs, it allows them to breathe in the natural elements and it may help preserve the materials a bit, especially if you've got pairs you haven't worn for months or years.

If you have those clear plastic storage boxes that everyone seems to love, every once in a while it may benefit to open the drop front window panel to allow the kicks to breathe.

Just a suggestion. I've never had problems with mold, glitter  while storing them in closets/rooms in any of the homes I've lived in throughout my life. I don't use crep protect, I don't spray any "additives" on my sneakers to protect them from the elements. I just clean them with water and a soft cloth, and sparingly use Jason Markk when the shoe calls for it. I've rocked/collected Jordans and sneakers since the 80s, so I'd like to think my method has been tried and tested.

Last edited:
So I found a pretty effective way to pare down my small collection. Have the apartment above you slowly leak into the one closet that you keep most of your shoes in. Must've happened on Wednesday night or Thursday. Didn't notice until today. Mold had already started to form. [emoji]128532[/emoji]

RIP 09 Shadows

Then my wife walks in with these. SNKRS pair.

talk to homeowners insurance, that should cover the damaged shoes bro!!

The glitter though annoying, wipes right off. Take a towel, damp it with warm water and then wipe them down. Also like @wHipLAshTw03 mentioned, take them out the box and sit them on top. Let em breathe for a day or two.

I don't use cleaning stuff...always take paper out the box...I wear em all the time...glitter still comes...can't get away from it...only on black pairs. .even the recent banneds are doing it

My FTL Royals have the spiral laces, my SNKRS pair have the usual style laces.

Same production dates of 10/18/16. So production dates have nothing to do with the difference.

Got daym #Lacegate

I superglued the inside of the shoe where annoying dents were appearing and applied an oval shaped piece of a water bottle to the spot so it can push it out.
Haven't some people said this happens when the shoe is a bit too big? IIRC you can wear an extra insole to take up a bit of the space. 

Last edited:
So my FTL pair is noticeably less tumbled on the swooshes and toe box, BUT have spiral laces. My SNKRS pair has the usual laces but the toe box and especially the swooshes are HEAVY tumbled.

Debating which pair to keep. I like the panels on the FTL pair a lot more, but the damn #Lacegate tho, got me feeling like that pair is tainted for some reason.

Put my mind at ease fam, what do you all think?

So my FTL pair is noticeably less tumbled on the swooshes and toe box, BUT have spiral laces. My SNKRS pair has the usual laces but the toe box and especially the swooshes are HEAVY tumbled.

Debating which pair to keep. I like the panels on the FTL pair a lot more, but the damn #Lacegate tho, got me feeling like that pair is tainted for some reason.

Put my mind at ease fam, what do you all think?

I went with my Nike pair that was less tumbled
FTA pair had heavy tumbled on one toebox and heavy tumble on the swooshes
Nike pair had laces just shoved in
No nothing, not even a wrap around

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom