Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
The fact that by me giving you scope of why I held the opinion I did came off as being an elitist says a whole lot more abour you as a person. The reason I asked you if you did (watched him play his entire career and own the shoes in 85) was to see if you understood where I was coming from. Apparently you took it as condescending and that wasn't my intention. It doesn't matter what I say though because you're just gonna respond with some name calling or sly insults.

Drop it dude

I wasn't talking about everyone.

My first pair of 1 highs was a pair of 85 b/red 1s first pair of shoes I ever dropped 300 on. So I pretty much spoiled myself when it came to 1s. I had bought a few jumpman 1s because the colorway was OG or the colorway was reminiscent of the OG's (DMP celtics being black toes or the DTRT 1 pack) I know the jumpman didn't belong on the heel but that's what was available at the time. It's still a 1 with or without the jumpman. I only kept 1 pair of jumpman 1s and those are the DMP celtics if they remaster I'll still keep them because they are a clean sneaker. RTTG I dint own them but they are a clean sneaker (colorway + quality) what bothers me most about the 1s in the middle years is the quality is not there so Ive unloaded most jumpman 1s in my collection. I love this remastered initiative so much because I still get the pairs i want but honestly if some of the 1s that came out still had a jumpman on the back than I'd still cop. For me its all about colorway abd whether it's og or reminiscent of the og. There are a few impulse buys but for me thats what it all really boils down to. Im just glad nike is doing the OG colorways justice. Been wanting to collect them all since I saw a picture of all the og 1s that were released. If there was a massive amount of 85s available in a (12-13) id be scooping them up with the quickness.

Another look at the Royals

Last edited by a moderator:
Local pickup. Shout out to the man in NC.

Finished with 16'

Since I'm one of the older people up here miss me with the BS. You should have saved your sermon for someone who's 18 and doesn't know better.

So you have no Jordan's with a Jumpman? You didn't get any Jordan's from say 2002 to the 88's? Exactly.

If you're stickler for inaccuracies you shouldn't be buying Jordan's. I really hope you didn't buy those banned Air Ship's last year Mr Inaccurate.
:lol:

Why is that funny? I don't get why not believing that magic is real is wrong.

My first pair of 1 highs was a pair of 85 b/red 1s first pair of shoes I ever dropped 300 on. So I pretty much spoiled myself when it came to 1s. I had bought a few jumpman 1s because the colorway was OG or the colorway was reminiscent of the OG's (DMP celtics being black toes or the DTRT 1 pack) I know the jumpman didn't belong on the heel but that's what was available at the time. It's still a 1 with or without the jumpman. I only kept 1 pair of jumpman 1s and those are the DMP celtics if they remaster I'll still keep them because they are a clean sneaker. RTTG I dint own them but they are a clean sneaker (colorway + quality) what bothers me most about the 1s in the middle years is the quality is not there so Ive unloaded most jumpman 1s in my collection. I love this remastered initiative so much because I still get the pairs i want but honestly if some of the 1s that came out still had a jumpman on the back than I'd still cop. For me its all about colorway abd whether it's og or reminiscent of the og. There are a few impulse buys but for me thats what it all really boils down to. Im just glad nike is doing the OG colorways justice. Been wanting to collect them all since I saw a picture of all the og 1s that were released. If there was a massive amount of 85s available in a (12-13) id be scooping them up with the quickness.

I'm with you, I would never be caught dead wearing 1s with the Jumpman on the heel. I think other retros with a Jumpman get a pass because they don't already have a big swoosh on the side.

Last edited:
Let the record show:

Magic won the argument[emoji]128077[/emoji]

You can't waffle on inaccuracies if you buy something close but not in it's essence. Tumbled leather was not apart of bred 1s.

Anyhow! Hopefully only the swoosh is tumbled on the royals. Remastered and royals is a autocop but not double up worthy.

Lastly scoop208 is legit in my book. Why the hate? What's the back story? Who did he finesse?

Last edited:
Let the record show:

Magic won the argument[emoji]128077[/emoji]

You can't waffle on inaccuracies if you buy something close but not in it's essence. Tumbled leather was not apart of bred 1s.

Anyhow! Hopefully only the swoosh is tumbled on the royals. Remastered and royals is a autocop but not double up worthy.

Lastly scoop208 is legit in my book. Why the hate? What's the back story? Who did he finesse?
I read the whole argument, so I lost. [emoji]128557[/emoji]

Jumping through hoops to get those Royal's. I need 2 pairs.

That last release left a real bad taste in my mouth :smh:

I read the whole argument, so I lost. [emoji]128557[/emoji]
Quite entertaining to me imho. As a old collector myself I found it intriguing. We can have all this nostalgia but certain iterations and impulses force us to indulge in things we necessarily wouldn't buy if a better or true"r" version was available. I think one would be foolish to say that 2s 3s and 4s with the addition of 5s and 6s were not worthy of purchase. Because of a NA sign? True the brand lost some merit but we buy for cws and to refresh a sneaker that might be beat. IE True Blue 3s from 2001 to the version that was recently released. The color was wrong so I didn't cop. On the other hand the 2011 was true to the color so I purchased.

Last edited:
For whatever reason, Nike/JB enjoys making these difficult to get. I will shoot my shot for these but anticipating an L. I had the plug in 2013 when I got them then but I have since sold them and would like to re-up. I succeeded with the 2016 breds so let's see if I can cook with these (these being the 2017 Royals)

Last edited:
[quote name="CarolinaFinest" url="/t/508567/official-air-jordan-1-retro-high-thread-vol-best-model-thread/90930#post_27291977]I think one would be foolish to say that 2s 3s and 4s with the addition of 5s and 6s were not worthy of purchase. Because of a NA sign?[/quote]

Foolish or strong willed? I wasn't buying in '06, '09 and '11 just for the sake of having OG colorways. I'm definitely in the boat of not buying a lesser version until the 'truer' or an acceptable (by my standards) version releases. Waiting 15-ish years for a good blk/met 5 was worth it. That's just me, though. No harm, no foul for those who appreciated the Jumpman models.

You're one of my favorite posters.

But you know damn well you're a hypebeast :lol:

I really don't understand the thinking that you're either a true sneakerhead or a hypebeast-there is absolutely no middle ground between the two.

But, let's be honest with ourselves, the problen with the Jumpman on the heel is overbranding. In fact, people hate the new Rare Airs for this same issue but with Nike Air on the heel, instead of the Jumpman.

Back
Top Bottom