• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters

:\

People talk about the jumpman years like some kind of long lost nightmare. It wasnt that long ago most lived through it. Its not like we were given choices. We bought what was produced. You think I wanted a black toe that was a mid with a jumpman or a bred for that matter? No but that was the best option save for paying alot of resell for shoes I had as a kid so, multi packs it was.

People talk about the jumpman years like some kind of long lost nightmare. It wasnt that long ago most lived through it. Its not like we were given choices. We bought what was produced. You think I wanted a black toe that was a mid with a jumpman or a bred for that matter? No but that was the best option save for paying alot of resell for shoes I had as a kid so, multi packs it was.
for me i couldn't rock older 1s because of the fit and comfort. literally everything before the remasters for the most part were unwearable to me. now I'm able to appreciate the shoes even more now that i can wear them comfortably 

For everyone who talks about doubling up and even tripling up...what is happening to your original pair to make it so you can't wear them anymore? Genuinely curious. Are you beating them so bad that they're not even wearable anymore? Because that's tough to do when it comes to 1's

Not to mention that 90% of the time anyone posts on feet pics the pair always looks near DS
Man, nobody usually ever wears their 2nd 3rd and 4th pair. They buy those extra pair to kidd themselves, and trick their mind into thinking one day down the road I will wear this pair because one will get dirty beyond freshness. When in reality the 100+ pair they have in rotation will never get to the point of being beat, except for their daily "Air Max 90's".

So they just hoard shoes. After college I use to do that, then I  looked at all the unused, yellowing dried out sneaks I had sitting in boxes, and I said "I'm stupid!!"

You will get your occasional rough shoe wearer, that may get to his second pair, but thats a rarity!!!!

Man, nobody usually ever wears their 2nd 3rd and 4th pair. They buy those extra pair to kidd themselves, and trick their mind into thinking one day down the road I will wear this pair because one will get dirty beyond freshness. When in reality the 100+ pair they have in rotation will never get to the point of being beat, except for their daily "Air Max 90's".

So they just hoard shoes. After college I use to do that, then I  looked at all the unused, yellowing dried out sneaks I had sitting in boxes, and I said "I'm stupid!!"

You will get your occasional rough shoe wearer, that may get to his second pair, but thats a rarity!!!!
Spot on with this post.  A lesson that I have had to teach myself.  As you mentioned, I found that I was hardly wearing sneakers as I got older.  Especially when my rotation was quite large.  Although, I still buy doubles of 1's because they are virtually indestructible.  Those are my go-to shoes.

May be the case but I enjoy my shoes even more when I know I have a 2nd pair so I can beat them up. And there's always the chance that these shoes may not release for a while. Look at some of the Jordan 1 releases we are getting for the first time in what over 30 years? I just enjoy them and so do others so let em do what they like pa

May be the case but I enjoy my shoes even more when I know I have a 2nd pair so I can beat them up. And there's always the chance that these shoes may not release for a while. Look at some of the Jordan 1 releases we are getting for the first time in what over 30 years? I just enjoy them and so do others so let em do what they like pa
Oh I know , I had 3 pair of 94 OG Chi's.  Two pair I got for around $35. I only wore one pair. One DS pair I sold to my friend about 10 years ago just because he seen them and asked. The other pair I wore disappeared (probably walked off with a relative), and the other DS pair was lastly worn about 7 years ago, now I'm pretty much afraid to wear it, in fear of what happened to my Original Black Cement 3's. I know alot about buying 3 and 4 pairs of shoes, I was doing it alot back then. But I only sold 3-5 pairs of shoes in my life. So the double and triples I had were and are pretty useless.

I aint saying don't go out and buy 10 pairs of  the same shoe. Do what you like. What makes you happy, still makes me feel how I felt before you was happy. My man just asked what happens to the 2nd and 3rd pair and I gave him a honest response from someone that use to buy 2 and 3 pairs..

Back
Top Bottom