Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Foolish or strong willed? I wasn't buying in '06, '09 and '11 just for the sake of having OG colorways. I'm definitely in the boat of not buying a lesser version until the 'truer' or an acceptable (by my standards) version releases. Waiting 15-ish years for a good blk/met 5 was worth it. That's just me, though. No harm, no foul for those who appreciated the Jumpman models.
That may be true in regards to blk metallic 5. I'm on the no jm 1 boat. If you really like a shoe you will buy it. Figuring out how JB will operate is hard. If it's close enough I will buy it. I can't wait 15 years for proper BC3. I will take them at 80% proper. Hell cats living to 60 now. Lol can't wait forever for what "You" like.

For everyone who talks about doubling up and even tripling up...what is happening to your original pair to make it so you can't wear them anymore? Genuinely curious. Are you beating them so bad that they're not even wearable anymore? Because that's tough to do when it comes to 1's

Not to mention that 90% of the time anyone posts on feet pics the pair always looks near DS

For everyone who talks about doubling up and even tripling up...what is happening to your original pair to make it so you can't wear them anymore? Genuinely curious. Are you beating them so bad that they're not even wearable anymore? Because that's tough to do when it comes to 1's

Not to mention that 90% of the time anyone posts on feet pics the pair always looks near DS

This

I really don't understand the thinking that you're either a true sneakerhead or a hypebeast-there is absolutely no middle ground between the two.

But, let's be honest with ourselves, the problen with the Jumpman on the heel is overbranding. In fact, people hate the new Rare Airs for this same issue but with Nike Air on the heel, instead of the Jumpman.

Truth

That may be true in regards to blk metallic 5. I'm on the no jm 1 boat. If you really like a shoe you will buy it. Figuring out how JB will operate is hard. If it's close enough I will buy it. I can't wait 15 years for proper BC3. I will take them at 80% proper. Hell cats living to 60 now. Lol can't wait forever for what "You" like.

I respect that. Not for everyone. It helps to have Nike and other brands to fill the gaps.

Its like that because some pairs id wear all the time with reckless disregard so they get beat the hell up while another stays pristine.

because they can and will. let people do what they want with the shoes 

Its like that because some pairs id wear all the time with reckless disregard so they get beat the hell up while another stays pristine.
yeah but come on man, you and most everybody on here has way too many pairs to even be able to wear each pair once per week. hardly anyone wears just one pair enough to consider it "all the time". and even beat 1's still look good so I don't even get that part of it to be honest. if you don't like the beat look just clean them up a bit

because they can and will. let people do what they want with the shoes 
okay calm down, I'm just asking for their thoughts. of course they can do whatever they want. the whole point of this forum is to discuss shoes, that's what I'm trying to do

I think it's hilarious that anyone analyzes someone's reason for not liking a sneaker. I was unlucky to finally get a real job and some money while JB was at the height if it's garbage quality retros and I bought so-so version of all the colorways I liked but didn't have as a kid. Now I am much more selective. If some little detail throughs me off and makes me not cop that's my business. For example: I didn't cop TBs last year cuz I don't like the red tongue. Reported quality issues weren't the deciding factor for me. The leather wasn't the best but still felt better than my 2011 pair. But that tongue was a deal breaker. Why be mad if someone isn't copping? More for you.

Last edited:
I know that. but I don't really get it for 1's. they look good worn in

I wonder how many people actually ever get to that second stocked pair

From what I've seen on here a lot of people end up selling that stocked pair down the road. Although I'm sure there are some that enjoy having a beat up pair and a fresh pair. Or get a second incase you lose a pair or it gets stolen or destroyed somehow.

I think it's hilarious that anyone analyzes someone's reason for not liking a sneaker. I was unlucky to finally get a real job and some money while JB was at the height if it's garbage quality retros and I bought so-so version of all the colorways I liked but didn't have as a kid. Now I am much more selective. If some little detail throughs me off and makes me not cop that's my business. For example: I didn't cop TBs last year cuz I don't like the red tongue. Reported quality issues weren't the deciding factore for me. The leather wasn't the best but still felt better than my 2011 pair. But that tongue was a deal breaker. Why be mad if someone isn't copping? More for you.
that's the thing though, I don't think anyone is really getting mad. people argue their view point and they question the other side's view point, that's all there is to it. people on here are always way too quick to calls others sensitive or to tell other people to mind their own business. I mean that's the whole points of a forum right

From what I've seen on here a lot of people end up selling that stocked pair down the road. Although I'm sure there are some that enjoy having a beat up pair and a fresh pair. Or get a second incase you lose a pair or it gets stolen or destroyed somehow.
yeah exactly. I've seen so many people on here who still have that DS "to stock" pair 5 years later...then the next iteration of that pair comes out and they try to dump off that DS pair to get the new one

that's the thing though, I don't think anyone is really getting mad. people argue their view point and they question the other side's view point, that's all there is to it. people on here are always way too quick to calls others sensitive or to tell other people to mind their own business. I mean that's the whole points of a forum right

Yeah but I don't get calling someone a hypebeast or elitist cuz they don't like something. You're more than welcome to explain why you like the shoe. But to question someone's reasons for not liking a shoe just doesn't make sense to me. I would hope that we're here to analyze the shoes, not each other's preferences.

I like
From what I've seen on here a lot of people end up selling that stocked pair down the road. Although I'm sure there are some that enjoy having a beat up pair and a fresh pair.

Basically. I've doubled for both these reasons. Sold my ds royals and put it towards the couch I'm currently reclined on. :lol:

We all are hypebeasts at some point in time, especially when we get "hyped" for a release, or releases we want :wink:

Last edited:
some inaccuracies are more pass worthy than others

just like you won't find the perfect woman

I know that. but I don't really get it for 1's. they look good worn in

I wonder how many people actually ever get to that second stocked pair
I only double up on the shoes i know I'm going to eventually make beaters. Ive been wearing Cyber mondays since they came out almost every other 2 days, they are near beat the whole shoe is creased and has a yellowed sole with a lot of heel drag, do they look good? NO. but they still have a lot of life left in them! They are not going out worthy anymore but you can bet that if i had doubled up i would have defiantly brought out that shoe and probably keep that one clean. It all depends on how much a person wears the shoe. I still haven't even Un'DSd my Chicagos that i got when they cameo out!

Back
Top Bottom