Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I know I dont own any Jordan 1's with the Jumpman on the back, Never have and probably never will. Its just something that ruins the shoe for me personally . I'll rock III - VI with the Jumpman though.  I know some people that dont like, and won't buy 4's with leather triangle and leather heel tab.  Its all about preference. 

:lol:

I love the moving line
How was that a moving line exactly? Did the shoe not have the correct logos, height and for the most part the correct shape? When I said I'm a stickler for innacuracies; I was specifically addressing the Jumpman. You know that though and just want to argue because you're that type.

How was that a moving line exactly? Did the shoe not have the correct logos, height and for the most part the correct shape? When I said I'm a stickler for innacuracies; I was specifically addressing the Jumpman. You know that though and just want to argue because you're that type.

First of all I made a general comment that was my opinion. You're the one getting defensive. Normally people get defensive because the comment applies to them. I ignore comments all the time up here if they don't apply. You felt it applied to you, why? That's rhetorical btw, I don't care about your opinion.

You said inaccuracies, but your inaccuracies is a jumpman, not other inaccuracies. That's a moving line.

So get off your high horse, I was alive in 1985 that you thought you could use on me Mr Sneaker snob. And please stop using that as your go to reply, because it gives us older guys in to sneakers a bad image.

I'm one of the older guys, and I prefer my 1s to be as close as possible to the 85.
That said, I own a pair of alphas. [emoji]128557[/emoji]

I prefer my 1s to be like 2015. 85 quality is not far away but you have one more round before they get it totally right

Knew we'd end up getting the too dark tumbled crap on the royals this year :frown:

Favorite shoe so I'll cop regardless, but really wish they could just do them justice like the Chicagos and Black Toes.

SBB's, as great as they are, kinda ruined 1's in a way.

Sorry, as purist as I am, these are a must whether a jumpman or not.

In regards to retros of OGs, I also haven't bought any of the models that have Jumpmans on them with the exception of the '09 int'l TB3 which I ended up moving pretty much immediately. This year's Space Jam is the first XI I've kept since the 90's. There are indeed folks out there who refuse to settle for second best. Before the remastered series, I hardly visited the Jordan Brand forum.

The new molds and better quality is the reason why I've spent more money on JB products in '15-16 than I have in 22yrs of actively 'collecting' shoes. Truth be told, in the past 10+ years, JB was headed the wrong way with all those junks models with crap materials. My wallet misses those days.

First of all I made a general comment that was my opinion. You're the one getting defensive. Normally people get defensive because the comment applies to them. I ignore comments all the time up here if they don't apply. You felt it applied to you, why? That's rhetorical btw, I don't care about your opinion.

You said inaccuracies, but your inaccuracies is a jumpman, not other inaccuracies. That's a moving line.

So get off your high horse, I was alive in 1985 that you thought you could use on me Mr Sneaker snob. And please stop using that as your go to reply, because it gives us older guys in to sneakers a bad image.
This is a message board, where we for the most part engage in something we're all a fan of; shoes. I didn't take offense to your opinion; I just addressed it. It's always the softest person that tries to pull the defensive card. You got in your feels when I called you on that bs Hypebeast comment and decided to grasp for straws with your lame assumptions of what Jordan's I own and whatnot. I wasn't trying to come off as an elitist with my comment, but was trying to give you scope of why I was against the Jumpman being on shoes that it didn't belong. Funny how you claim to be older, but resort to childish behavior with your name calling.

There really isn't any point in going back and forth with you any longer though because you can't comprehend what I and a few others have been saying.

Can't we just chalk everything up to personal preference and move on? Just because some of y'all don't like the jump man stuff doesn't mean everyone hates or has to hate them. Some of y'all "knowledgeable enthusiasts" take this stuff too seriously.

Last edited:
This is a message board, where we for the most part engage in something we're all a fan of; shoes. I didn't take offense to your opinion; I just addressed it. It's always the softest person that tries to pull the defensive card. You got in your feels when I called you on that bs Hypebeast comment and decided to grasp for straws with your lame assumptions of what Jordan's I own and whatnot. I wasn't trying to come off as an elitist with my comment, but was trying to give you scope of why I was against the Jumpman being on shoes that it didn't belong. Funny how you claim to be older, but resort to childish behavior with your name calling.

There really isn't any point in going back and forth with you any longer though because you can't comprehend what I and a few others have been saying.

Softest person :lol: Then you said what about name calling? On that high horse again. But miss me with that son.

If I wanted to reply directly to you, I would have quoted you. I do it all the time, because I've never been up here to be liked.

How did I get in my feels, when you're the one who replied to me?

You were trying to come off as an elitist, that was your whole spiel about how you saw Jordan's whole career and had OG's. Making ASSumptions.

I comprehended perfectly what some have said. I didn't have a problem with what some people said, do you think I was referring to everyone? What did you say about comprehension?

And how many times are you going to use the back and forth argument while giving a longer reply each time?

One thing I learned in life is never really argue with preferences or opinions, because you will always be wrong.  Or is it that you always be right? 

Can't we just chalk everything up to personal preference and move on? Just because some of y'all don't like the jump man stuff doesn't mean everyone hates or has to hate them. Some of y'all "knowledgeable enthusiasts" take this stuff too seriously.
You should step up your reading and comprehension skills my man. I addressed his comment regarding people (quite a few of us btw) who weren't fans of the Jumpman on 1's as sounding like a "Hypebeast comment". I merely chimed in and gave my stance on that. I only can speak for myself, but from the conversations I have had over the years with individuals who are into sneakers; those who shared the same opinion considered themselves older enthusiasts as well. I don't have an issue with someone who likes or doesn't care if a Jumpman is on the 1's or on the heels of the 3 though the 6. I do however have an issue when someone talks out of their *** and labels someone who does. Do you get it now?

Now let's just drop it and get back to the thread, this has run its course.

Last edited:
You should step up your reading and comprehension skills my man. I addressed his comment regarding people (quite a few of us btw) who weren't fans of the Jumpman on 1's as sounding like a "Hypebeast comment". I merely chimed in and gave my stance on that. I only can speak for myself, but from the conversations I have had over the years with individuals who are into sneakers; those who shared the same opinion considered themselves older enthusiasts as well. I don't have an issue with someone who likes or doesn't care if a Jumpman is on the 1's or on the heels of the 3 though the 6. I do however have an issue when someone talks out of their *** and labels someone who does. Do you get it now?

Now let's just drop it and get back to the thread, this has ran its course.

:lol:

I knew they was gonna do that garbage tumble [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

You were trying to come off as an elitist, that was your whole spiel about how you saw Jordan's whole career and had OG's. Making ASSumptions.
The fact that by me giving you scope of why I held the opinion I did came off as being an elitist says a whole lot more abour you as a person. The reason I asked you if you did (watched him play his entire career and own the shoes in 85) was to see if you understood where I was coming from. Apparently you took it as condescending and that wasn't my intention. It doesn't matter what I say though because you're just gonna respond with some name calling or sly insults.

Now let's just drop it and get back to the thread, this has run its course.

kanyeshrug.gif

You're the one cluttering the thread tho

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom