Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
AJ1's have been clowned on for so long by the designers. I'm sort of surprised how many colorways and add-on's they do to them just for them to go straight to clearance and disappear. If the end result is to donate them to people in need of footwear just give it to them directly. 

But Nike doesn't care... they'll keep pumping out whatever their R&D and demographic analyst thinks is cool. 

Not to mention the fact that adidas is currently throwing hoards of preschooler-level design nonsense at Ultra Boost and NMD and people are still eating it up.

Not to mention the fact that adidas is currently throwing hoards of preschooler-level design nonsense at Ultra Boost and NMD and people are still eating it up.
they'll move on within a year or two, no doubt in my mind. especially NMD, those lego bricks are just childish

Exactly. It's also a form of price discrimination which in necessary for Nike to maintain market share. There are only so many people like us. The vast majority of Nike's customers just want good value when they buy a pair of sneakers. They have to be able to sell to 90% of consumers to maintain their market share and it's easier for them to tweak existing models and dumb them down with poo materials and colorways than it is to make entirely new cheaper sneakers. Once a company gets outside investors they have a mandate of continued growth, not just turning a profit. The number of 'sneakerheads' has increased in recent years but Nike still needs Uncle Jim Bob who finally wore out his only pair of grass cutters and needs a new pair and Justin's mom who buys Justin any Jordan 1s she can find cuz Justin said Johnny's mom got them for him.

That doesnt excuse the wack decisions made regarding retro + colorways. At some point the blame lies purely on poor taste.

Last edited:

Dont even acknowldge adidas. If youre nike you do your own thing and avoid any potential influence by that garbage. Its foolish to copy a hack anyway. Keep them in keep up mode, theyll never get ahead that way.

Any design is a gamble. Whether it's a new colorway or tweaking the design there's never a guarantee that a shoe will be a hit or miss. It's more about marketing than the actual product nowadays. Every shoe has some contrived backstory and gets hyped up by the blogs. Take SBBs for example. I don't think anyone can say they are a great colorway. They may appeal to some. Most of the hype is about that materials but people were already beasting for them before ever seeing the materials in hand cuz the blogs told them to. Acronym makes Prestos with a zipper. They're limited. They're a collab. People call them shoe of the year. Meanwhile Nike has other Prestos with zippers that are almost the same sitting cuz they released with no fanfare. Is that Nike calitalizing on the hype? Or was it a Nike desinger's idea to put the zipper on the Presto first and let Acronym run with it first cuz they knew a 'collab' would sell better?

I'm not saying Nike is or should follow adidas but adidas' recent success with random mashups is proof that if you throw enough poo at a wall some will stick. These corporations never have any idea what will work in the street before designs get leaked. They just make what they make and deside how to market it once a few pictures leak and they get some feedback from so called 'influencers'.

I just want accurate original molds and colors of Jordan's made as close to original as possible, end of the story

^^^All of this, and...

You can take all the "dunk from above" type trash collections, colorways and other BS that JB drops these days and kick rocks with them...

I look forward to OG retros and honestly nothing else, that's my personal preference - I'm not knocking anyone's taste, I guess maybe being my age I just appreciate shoes that take me back to my youth.

I look at these and ask myself "wtf is JB thinking?" Booty...

Exactly. It's also a form of price discrimination which in necessary for Nike to maintain market share. There are only so many people like us. The vast majority of Nike's customers just want good value when they buy a pair of sneakers. They have to be able to sell to 90% of consumers to maintain their market share and it's easier for them to tweak existing models and dumb them down with poo materials and colorways than it is to make entirely new cheaper sneakers. Once a company gets outside investors they have a mandate of continued growth, not just turning a profit. The number of 'sneakerheads' has increased in recent years but Nike still needs Uncle Jim Bob who finally wore out his only pair of grass cutters and needs a new pair and Justin's mom who buys Justin any Jordan 1s she can find cuz Justin said Johnny's mom got them for him.

QFT

I've been trying to explain this in here for years. Dudes in here just like to complain and knock anything they don't approve of not knowing they only make up a fraction of Nike's consumers. Case in point look at how the air monarch is consistently one of Nike's best selling models every year.

Last edited:
I hate 2 bring this subject again..checked on my bred lows and sure enough 2 weeks later that rainbow colored dust has returned...I took the paper out the box the other week..cleaned em good and it vanished..I just don't understand how it's possible for a multi colored sparkling dust to magically just keep coming back like this..I've seen some ppl say they also seen it before but I wish I knew the science behind this and why it's going on...Imma be super pissed if all my shoes start doing this BS

WTF I did some looking and I see the same thing forming on the inside sides of my 2016 banneds....I saw some on my cybers.. why does this only happen with 1s epically on the black leather!?!?!?!

Last edited:
Friday inquiry:

I notice some of yall lace up your 1's differently.
Some tie the laces, some don't.
Some got to the 7th eyelet, I prefer the 8th.

How about you guys? 
bored at work, only one in the office
I lace up to the 7th or 8th hole. I tie them bit keep them loose. Not too tight.

$1 shoe trees from ikea
Hell yeah I love those things. Cheap too!

WTF I did some looking and I see the same thing forming on the inside sides of my 2016 banneds....I saw some on my cybers.. why does this only happen with 1s epically on the black leather!?!?!?!

You have a kid that's been losing teeth lately? I don't know what to think. I've never experienced fairy dust popping up on my shoes.

I hate 2 bring this subject again..checked on my bred lows and sure enough 2 weeks later that rainbow colored dust has returned...I took the paper out the box the other week..cleaned em good and it vanished..I just don't understand how it's possible for a multi colored sparkling dust to magically just keep coming back like this..I've seen some ppl say they also seen it before but I wish I knew the science behind this and why it's going on...Imma be super pissed if all my shoes start doing this BS

Last edited:
NYC1s arrived with all the store stickers, however I've gotten used to the new mold so I'm spoiled :smile: Kentucky's came in as well so my 1 year has come to a close. Happy New Year's AJ1 thread :smokin

Back
Top Bottom