Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Royals today
smokin.gif

Gonna try and get as many as i can this time around 

Last edited:
I am the guy on the right in this pic and yes, your musical tastes are horrible.

Lol the guy on the right is who im lookin at most lolol

Ya'll hiring? I live like 3 hours from beaverton...lol

Seriously though, hire me

Last edited:
AJ1's have been clowned on for so long by the designers. I'm sort of surprised how many colorways and add-on's they do to them just for them to go straight to clearance and disappear. If the end result is to donate them to people in need of footwear just give it to them directly. 

But Nike doesn't care... they'll keep pumping out whatever their R&D and demographic analyst thinks is cool. 

AJ1's have been clowned on for so long by the designers. I'm sort of surprised how many colorways and add-on's they do to them just for them to go straight to clearance and disappear. If the end result is to donate them to people in need of footwear just give it to them directly. 

But Nike doesn't care... they'll keep pumping out whatever their R&D and demographic analyst thinks is cool. 

I think you underestimate how many shoes Nike sells to people who think they are getting something good. The will sell a ton of Rare Airs even if it's at Ross. They can make little mindless tweaks to classic models and make money without diminishing the classic model or the prestige of the brand. Unfortunately, it's better for the brand long term to make SBBs limited but have that copy-cat Rare Airs everywhere. Look at how well those Jordan x Air Force 1 fusions sold years ago. And every once in a while one of these little tweaks catches hype (SF AF1). It's a win-win situation for Nike.

Friday inquiry:

I notice some of yall lace up your 1's differently.

Some tie the laces, some don't.

Some got to the 7th eyelet, I prefer the 8th.

How about you guys? 

bored at work, only one in the office

Friday inquiry:

How about you guys? 

i lace em up all the way. i don't tie 'em up at the end though.

Last edited:
I think you underestimate how many shoes Nike sells to people who think they are getting something good. The will sell a ton of Rare Airs even if it's at Ross. They can make little mindless tweaks to classic models and make money without diminishing the classic model or the prestige of the brand. Unfortunately, it's better for the brand long term to make SBBs limited but have that copy-cat Rare Airs everywhere. Look at how well those Jordan x Air Force 1 fusions sold years ago. And every once in a while one of these little tweaks catches hype (SF AF1). It's a win-win situation for Nike.
Excellent point. They must have a ton of production costs but to a billion dollar company it's fine

i like where your head is at. think about all the trash cws and tweaks like the rare airs or 1.5s that end up for dirt cheap...they end up at the outlet, ross, marshall's, etc. SOMEONE will and does buy them. maybe they can't afford the $160 retail for an OG mold/cw. but they can still like 1s just from the $39.99 pair of rare airs they copped at the outlet. then they start getting more and more and the next thing you know, this same cat can afford retail. even if nike only get is right 1/10 times, that's 9 seeds being planted to grow a field of hype around the brand/model.

anyone ever notice the difference in shoe trees? got a pair of top 3s local fb and matched my shoe trees and right away noticed the difference . checked all my 1s and they were the different , until i found a match. top 3s and reverse shattereds from nike had the same fonts. nothing worrying, l just never noticed the font size and shape differences

Last edited by a moderator:
I did notice the differences in those trees. The cardboard ankle things are pointless, they were flattened in on of my 1's I kept DS for over a year

i like where your head is at. think about all the trash cws and tweaks like the rare airs or 1.5s that end up for dirt cheap...they end up at the outlet, ross, marshall's, etc. SOMEONE will and does buy them. maybe they can't afford the $160 retail for an OG mold/cw. but they can still like 1s just from the $39.99 pair of rare airs they copped at the outlet. then they start getting more and more and the next thing you know, this same cat can afford retail. even if nike only get is right 1/10 times, that's 9 seeds being planted to grow a field of hype around the brand/model.

Exactly. It's also a form of price discrimination which in necessary for Nike to maintain market share. There are only so many people like us. The vast majority of Nike's customers just want good value when they buy a pair of sneakers. They have to be able to sell to 90% of consumers to maintain their market share and it's easier for them to tweak existing models and dumb them down with poo materials and colorways than it is to make entirely new cheaper sneakers. Once a company gets outside investors they have a mandate of continued growth, not just turning a profit. The number of 'sneakerheads' has increased in recent years but Nike still needs Uncle Jim Bob who finally wore out his only pair of grass cutters and needs a new pair and Justin's mom who buys Justin any Jordan 1s she can find cuz Justin said Johnny's mom got them for him.

Last edited:

Friday inquiry:

How about you guys? 

i'm a right over left lacer....up to the next to last eyelet. with my mids i lace them all the way up. 

well ... nike has a 60% share of the global market so they have to figure away folks buy a jordan and a non-jordan brand sneaker for every 'other' pair of sneakers a person might have. Of course this only keeps nike at breakeven and in order to make a profit someone has to buy another nike/jordan product. Nike for the last two-years has introduced innovation (ie: self lacing kicks, etc) that has gone 'brick' in the marketplace to adidas' styrofoam looking tech of boost..which mean the only way to even inch a profit line out of its already vast global presence is through raiding the 'heritage' side of the company (aka Jordan retros, air max, air force 1, etc). So we get max orange rare airs ... with 'nike air' on the back. 

Don't care for em. At least for my AJ1s. I like to just throw em on. Creases don't bother me at all. Can't remember the last time I cleaned any of em too haha. 

I use the ikea shoe trees in some of my other shoes. Even tho knit uppers don't need them, I like the look with the shoe trees in while they're on display.

Back
Top Bottom