Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
It's nothing to do with money, I got the money to buy a pair of frags right now but I can never in my life imagine paying $1500 for a single pair of shoes period. Insane to me, others they do it every other week. More power to them but I feel weird even paying $500 for shoes.

Would the $1500 affect me and cause me to struggle and not paying bills or doing stuff? Hell no just not in me to have $1500 cash and hand it over for a shoe.

I still got my DS 750 yeezys that I can get $1.1-1.2k and sell those and get drags but once I get that money in hand, I'm probably not giving it back up for a $1500 pair of shoes.

Nothing to do about affording the pair, just doesn't sit right with me and probably never will unless I win the lottery.

I'm with u bro. I could never spend a mortgage payment on a pair of shoes. I mean a lot of people have that in their savings. But to spend 1200 or so just to have some unique kicks, I'll pass. I rather invest that into my house or something.

FSR yang 110 shipped

Repped good find. I'll be taking mine back to footlocker now and if they go lower I'll just double up.

It's really true that "now that you can afford it, you don't want it".

Sure, I dream about owning frags, but if I had 1500 or whatever in hand and ready to pay, I'd have second thoughts.

I'm with u bro. I could never spend a mortgage payment on a pair of shoes. I mean a lot of people have that in their savings. But to spend 1200 or so just to have some unique kicks, I'll pass. I rather invest that into my house or something.
The shoes itself is also an investment... 

The shoes itself is also an investment... 

No it's not. Especially if you paid $1200-$1500 for em. They're not likely to rise much above that idc how old they get. Maybe $2000 at the most and thats a big maybe. Sure if you paid retail then you'd make a good return on that one pair but $1500 will not put you in the rich house unless you repeat that multiple times on a grand scale. Definitely cant do that limited Frags or any shoe for that matter. Shoes eventually get old and deteriorate over time. IMO people should NEVER look at shoes as any type of investment whatsoever.

Last edited:
Speaking of frags....has anyone seen any beat pairs for sale. I heard Kim jones (or some other sneaker designer) recently and he was wearing a beat pair of frag samples (he has several pairs apparently) -- kinda low key want a pair to beat to filth.

No it's not. Especially if you paid $1200-$1500 for em. They're not likely to rise much above that idc how old they get. Maybe $2000 at the most and thats a big maybe. Sure if you paid retail then you'd make a good return on that one pair but $1500 will not put you in the rich house unless you repeat that multiple times on a grand scale. Definitely cant do that limited Frags or any shoe for that matter. Shoes eventually get old and deteriorate over time. IMO people should NEVER look at shoes as any type of investment whatsoever.
naw in certain sizes frags hit 2000 already.  and 1s hold up for a pretty long time.

Last edited:
naw in certain sizes frags hit 2000 already.  and 1s hold up for a pretty long time.

1s hold up and while the smaller sizes are holding at that mark doubt they will appreciate more than the current high. The way JB has been raiding the vault these last few years and it's wink-nod at the frag colorway with the soar 1.5s .... I wouldn't be surprised if Nike does some semblance of a mid colorway version (a la the un-LM mids) or float pairs through the it's outlet/ES stores. Both scenarios would temper the inflation of price ....

Like I said about $2000 at the most. Even OGs and 94s eventually went for much less once retros from 2001 and beyond started releasing. Basically your betting on the hope that Frags never release again and thats not neccesarily a good bet with the way JB does things. I for one expect to see em release again in the future. Even if they don't in this market you can't assume resell will appreciate much more than it is now.

Waiting 20 years for a highly uncertain big payday off a pair of shoes is asinine and a horrible "investment". Might as well wear them. Plus they're not an OG cw and they're not iconic on that level. For the most part the only thing Frags have going for them is the fact that they're uber limited. Better pray they dont release again or else its REALLY a wrap.

I don't think anyone right now who's paying $2000 for frags is buying them as an investment

If you are.... :rofl:

Like I said about $2000 at the most. Even OGs and 94s eventually went for much less once retros from 2001 and beyond started releasing. Basically your betting on the hope that Frags never release again and thats not neccesarily a good bet with the way JB does things. I for one expect to see em release again in the future. Even if they don't in this market you can't assume resell will appreciate much more than it is now.

Waiting 20 years for a highly uncertain big payday off a pair of shoes is asinine and a horrible "investment". Might as well wear them. Plus they're not an OG cw and they're not iconic on that level. For the most part the only thing Frags have going for them is the fact that they're uber limited. Better pray they dont release again or else its REALLY a wrap.

"Uber" limited... Ha

Frags have a lot going for them. They will continue to rise in value.

Frags will never release again.

Everything you said is beyond nonsense.

1s hold up and while the smaller sizes are holding at that mark doubt they will appreciate more than the current high. The way JB has been raiding the vault these last few years and it's wink-nod at the frag colorway with the soar 1.5s .... I wouldn't be surprised if Nike does some semblance of a mid colorway version (a la the un-LM mids) or float pairs through the it's outlet/ES stores. Both scenarios would temper the inflation of price ....
yeah this is true for all the non colabs , but I dont see a mass release of frags for atleast 5 years , maybe little restocks here and there but nothing that will flood the streets. 

I really dont think frags are releasing again and even if they did , normal people wont be the ones wining the top resellers know how to get their hands on the limited products and hoard them. Nike would have to do instore raffle only for it to be more fair. 

Speaking of frags....has anyone seen any beat pairs for sale. I heard Kim jones (or some other sneaker designer) recently and he was wearing a beat pair of frag samples (he has several pairs apparently) -- kinda low key want a pair to beat to filth.

He has multiples and the ones I believe that are his day to day are the F & F with the black frag logo

"Uber" limited... Ha

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

"Uber" limited... Ha

this what im thinking , this aint some non sense colab , this was with a highly respected Japanese designer, if these release again its still going to be limited and the resellers will not let you get a pair if they drop online. 

Back
Top Bottom