OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go ask one of your elders bro, or someone who you know who’s into sports that’s of an accelerated age. Thinking these old timers ain’t sit and watch games is ignorant.

Now we at the point where we’re saying elderly people never watched games back during their youth??? That’s just crazy bruh
It's not about them watching games, it's about the league broadcasting games. Even in the 90s there was like 2 national broadcasts a week during the season. If you can prove otherwise I'm all ears

Go ask one of your elders bro, or someone who you know who’s into sports that’s of an accelerated age. Thinking these old timers ain’t sit and watch games is ignorant.

Now we at the point where we’re saying elderly people never watched games back during their youth??? That’s just crazy bruh

I think he is saying the amount of intel WE currently have on modern players is greater than the info past generations had on players of their era.

That's not to say past generations knew NOTHING or didn't know ALOT about players of their generations but due to the internet, NBA League Pass, we simply have more opportunity to see a random "Non-NAtional TV, Wednesday night, game from McNichol's Arena" today than they did.

That's all.

I always wondered how people rank players they've never watched play.

In order to make a top 10 list, I'd at least want the eye test to be a part of the criteria.
I’ll take it a step further, records and stats from the 60’s and 70’s shouldnt even count. Dudes were thrown off with a simple between the legs Dribble :lol:.Wouldn’t even let “too many” blacks dudes play. Nope

Last edited:
Where geno90221 geno90221 at to post some IG thots to change the topic
****** be acting like the NBA didnt move the 3pt line in to help Mike out. Steph, Dame, Klay, hell even decent sometimes-y shooters like LeBron and Draymond would eat off that baby *** 20 ft 3.

Last edited:
From a basketball perspective, PHX vs Jazz would make an excellent series. But CP3 needing to beat the Clippers to reach the finals would make an epic story.

I remember this Pistol Pete clip from NBA Now: SHowmen of Today DVD, comparing him to Jason Williams by the way. DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican @bballref pmatic pmatic
Am i tripping or is the move at 2:02 a clear double dribble?

That's definitely a double dribble. My guess is that it was too novel for anyone to understand what just happened.

Also, wow some of Melo's passes look so similar to Petes...

Like we ain’t got a laundry list of NBA highlights of current players doing egregious things on the court...

we had guys like dj mbenga, mark madsen.... MKG currently on NBA rosters in modern times

We hear the “Wilt or Jordan” was playing against plumbers and accountants, as if within the past 10-15 years, the NBA didn’t employ a few terrible ball players:lol: :lol:

Eps6qHLXMAIAqbe

1623695793347.png

No. We're not at that point. We were never close to that point.

You're just creating these straw man arguments in your mind dude :lol:

No one said the NBA in 1960's-70's was some underground fight club type of organization no one consumed. No one said that.

It just didn't get the viewership that it does today. That's common sense when you consider technology then vs. now.

Some of us just don't feel comfortable definitively ranking all-time greats from the black and white TV era vs the modern era since the sample size is larger and different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom