OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
“IF” the Nets now lose, I wonder what angle the media will take with KD.

I know dudes in here will pretend it somehow proves what they WANT to be true about KD.

The only reason Hakeem has any championships is because Michael Jordan had to go on a hiatus because of his gambling troubles or else Hakeem would be in the Karl Malone category.

Every player plays under different circumstances

Here
We
Go

The, "Jordan would have won 8 rings in a row" talk!

The only reason Hakeem has any championships is because Michael Jordan had to go on a hiatus because of his gambling troubles or else Hakeem would be in the Karl Malone category.

Every player plays under different circumstances

jordan has a losing record vs Hakeem.

“IF” the Nets now lose, I wonder what angle the media will take with KD.

You already know it's going to be open season on Durant slander.

"No excuses, Durant needs to get it done"

"LeBron was able to lead the Cavaliers to the finals in 2018 with Jeff Green and Tristan Thompson as his teammates, if Durant is really the best player in the league he should at least be able to win a playoff series on his own"

"If Kevin Durant only looks like the best player in the league with an overwhelming talent advantage, is he really the best player at all?"

Obviously Durant is capable of going for 40 if necessary and winning the series so this may be a moot point in a couple of days

I know dudes in here will pretend it somehow proves what they WANT to be true about KD.

Here
We
Go

The, "Jordan would have won 8 rings in a row" talk!
jordan has a losing record vs Hakeem.

I'm pushing back on the "Kobe only one championships because of Shaq" narrative. I can do the same thing with Hakeem (and most players careers for that matter).

"The only reason Magic Johnson has five championships is because he played with multiple Hall of famers (Worthy and Kareem)"

You can make the same argument for Larry Bird and most great players.

I'm pushing back on the "Kobe only one championships because of Shaq" narrative. I can do the same thing with Hakeem (and most players careers for that matter).

"The only reason Magic Johnson has five championships is because he played with multiple Hall of famers (Worthy and Kareem)"

The "Kobe got carried" narrative is dumb as hell.

Anyone that honestly believes that is a fool..

But please answer the question, do you honestly believe the Bulls would have EIGHT-Peated had Jordan not retired?

I know you are. I just don’t think they Jordan would of won should be the forgone conclusion. 93-95 Hakeem just felt like he was another a completely different level.

The "Kobe got carried" narrative is dumb as hell.

Anyone that honestly believes that is a fool..

But please answer the question, do you honestly believe the Bulls would have EIGHT-Peated had Jordan not retired?

No, I was just messing around and trying to prove a point. Taking time away from basketball was one of the best moves that Jordan made for his career. Whether mentally or physically, I don't think he would have made and won eight consecutive Finals.

No, I was just messing around and trying to prove a point. Taking time away from basketball was one of the best moves that Jordan made for his career. Whether mentally or physically, I don't think he would have made and won eight consecutive Finals.

Ok, plenty of people in the Last Dance thread believe that to be true.

Same dudes that cry whenever, "Jordan wouldn't have won without Pippen" is brought up too.

He was clearly still hobbled from his ankle injury in the same way Donovan Mitchell is feeling his. I know you hate LeBron but at least pretend to look at things objectively.
Stop it, I wasn't saying that. That list was people hurt in the playoffs, no still hobbled from injuries from months ago.

Man's didn't look hobbled when he was front running in game 3 though. Nor show boating in game 5

You already know it's going to be open season on Durant slander.

"No excuses, Durant needs to get it done"

"LeBron was able to lead the Cavaliers to the finals in 2018 with Jeff Green and Tristan Thompson as his teammates, if Durant is really the best player in the league he should at least be able to win a playoff series on his own"

"If Kevin Durant only looks like the best player in the league with an overwhelming talent advantage, is he really the best player at all?"

Obviously Durant is capable of going for 40 if necessary and winning the series so this may be a moot point in a couple of days
It’s just hard to understand what side the media is on with KD. One minute they like him, the next they don’t.

I can either see the
“He has to lead the team” or the “His team was injured” narrative

Stop it, I wasn't saying that. That list was people hurt in the playoffs, no still hobbled from injuries from months ago.

Man's didn't look hobbled when he was front running in game 3 though. Nor show boating in game 5

Jamal Murray and Jaylen Brown got hurt during this year's playoffs? When was this?

It's clearly just a list of key players who are injured (whether before or during) This year's playoffs. I know you hate LeBron but stop being a weirdo

Jamal Murray and Jaylen Brown got hurt during this year's playoffs? When was this?

It's clearly just a list of key players who are injured (whether before or during) This year's playoffs. I know you hate LeBron but stop being a weirdo
Calm down savannah. Nobody is attacking your king. He not even active anymore.

L06aAIX.jpg

It’s just hard to understand what side the media is on with KD. One minute they like him, the next they don’t.

I can either see the
“He has to lead the team” or the “His team was injured” narrative

This is just how the media treats everyone. Eight months ago LeBron was winning finals MVP and now people are asking if he's washed 😂

Kevin Durant has a particularlyncomplicated relationship with the media and a complicated legacy. From him firing back at medium members to playing on two of the most stacked teams ever, it really makes him a tough player to rate compared to his peers.

I always wondered how people rank players they've never watched play.

In order to make a top 10 list, I'd at least want the eye test to be a part of the criteria.

By accomplishments. But wait, it’s a team game so those don’t count when discussing certain players

It is rather perplexing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom