• NikeTalk will be offline for a system update tonight, beginning at 4 AM ET. We'll return at approximately 6 AM ET with a performance upgrade and some additional features. Thank you for your patience!

OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
We aren't talking about him being Top 10.

The fact remains, YOU can sit here and say the words, "Championships are a team accomplishment"

BUT

You have spent the last 8 months discussing Steph's fading legacy due to his TEAM'S lack of success during the 20-21 season.

If you can't see the hypocrisy in that then I don't know what to tell you.
What kind of fraud MVP can't even lead his team to the playoffs? He was a top 3 candidate. Explain.

All year we heard Beal is a looter. He only puts up big numbers on a bad team.

Yet who made the playoffs and who didn't?

I'm almost certain everyone in the top 10 has at least 2x FMVP or close

This is a table of all the multiple Finals MVP winners.

On a side note: MJ's dominance was pretty impressive/crazy.

1623685278640.png

What kind of fraud MVP can't even lead his team to the playoffs? He was a top 3 candidate. Explain.

All year we heard Beal is a looter. He only puts up big numbers on a bad team.

Yet who made the playoffs and who didn't?

Keep not addressing the point.

You got it.

Steph is a fraud, No need to say it anymore.

This is a table of all the multiple Finals MVP winners.

1623685278640.png
Ya MOST of those players are in the Top 10

I'm not saying FMVPs is the end all be all, like you're making it seem.

Kobe body of work puts him ahead of Curry. Both of their body of work puts them outside the top 10. It's not hard to understand.

The only exceptions to what I said are Bill Russell and Wilt and the FMVP didn't exist for most if not all of their careers

Give me who you think is the weakest of the bottom of the top 10 and I'll tell you why they are OBJECTIVELY ahead of Kobe

Provide the objective argument that Hakeem is better than Kobe.

They both have one league MVP and 2 Finals MVPs. The big advantage Hakeem has is that he has 2 DPOYs but if you look at the fact that Kobe has three more championships, a higher career scoring average and far better counting stats, an easy argument can be made for Kobe being a better player.

Other than probably being a better playmaker, Bron does NOTHING better than Kobe. Plus, Bron ain’t got no heart.

Kobe better

Better rebounder, better defender, elevated his teammates. Took a bunch of nobodies to the Finals.

Kobe was a better scorer and probably the better player to have on your team during the late stretches of games (which is why i'd want him on my team). Kobe's mistake was trying to be too much like MJ. Had he taken his own approach, maybe he'd have the career Lebron had. I guess we'll never know.

But LeBron is the better player with the better career.

Some people kill me for saying this, but I really believe this to be true--Tim Duncan had the better career than Kobe. Probably is the better player as well.

Like Philly tonight as well. Hawks just don't have enough pieces defensively, especially with Hunter out. Will be a gentleman's sweep.

Provide the objective argument that Hakeem is better than Kobe.

They both have one league MVP and 2 Finals MVPs. The big advantage Hakeem has is that he has 2 DPOYs but if you look at the fact that Kobe has three more championships, a higher career scoring average and far better counting stats, an easy argument can be made for Kobe being a better player.

Hakeem is the all-time leader in blocks though

Hakeem is the all-time leader in blocks though

No one respects that record.

C'mon bruh we all know that Bill Russell is the all-time leader in blocks. Honestly, Hakeem is probably third seeing as they didn't start counting blocks until Kareem's 5th year in the league.

Last edited:
Kobe's resume is top 5ish at worst of all time taking in peak x longevity yet clowns on here will really jump through hoops to try and say the facts aren't what they are and "context" is needed. MJ, Bron, Kareem and Duncan being the other 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom