• NikeTalk will be offline for a system update tonight, beginning at 4 AM ET. We'll return at approximately 6 AM ET with a performance upgrade and some additional features. Thank you for your patience!

OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
You realize that there are a lot of NBA players who have Kobe in their top five, right?

Yea I know many highly biased NBA players would make that claim.

Many having idolized Kobe at one point.

I still say anyone that puts KObe in a Top 5 list needs to be drug tested.

Y'all ranking Bron over Kobe?

If you asked me this question 5 years ago, I would've said no. But he's surpassed Kobe a few years ago. He's the better player with the better career.

It's easy to compare the two, because they both came out of HS and relatively will have the same length of time in the NBA.

Lebron had a greater peak than Kobe. I'd take Kobe over LeBron if I was making a team though.

I just want to know how Kobe's resume is EASILY greater than Bird's . ( Like MVP MVP claimed )

Bird
12x All Star
10x All NBA (9 1st team selections)
3x All Defensive
3x league MVP
2x Finals MVP
1x All Star MVP
3x champ

Bean
18x All Star
15x All NBA (11 1st team selections)
12x All Defense (9 1st team selections)
2x scoring champ
1x league MVP
2x Finals MVP
4x All Star MVP
5x champ

I mean it seems really clear but go ahead and argue with yourself.

Maybe the 2nd guy going down had something to do with it.

Even at full strength, Denver loses to this Suns team. They're too much on both ends.
I'd say so...

Not so sure about what the outcome would've been with both teams at full strength. Nuggets won 2 of the 3 games they played, all of which were in January and all were good, and Murray averaged 25 in those games. In the game they lost (by 3), they didn't have MPJ.

Nuggets were really clicking right after the deadline when they were at full health. Looked really strong, but that unfortunately only lasted like 4 games. Having a guy like Murray who can legit catch fire like he's shown he's capable of, can make a massive difference.

But Bill Russell has the most Championships.

Jordan has 6 and Kareem has 2 Finals MVPs

Lebron has 4 FMVPs

Jordan has 5 MVPs as does Kareem, but Lebron has 3.

By your logic, 2 out of 3 players shouldn't be on considered GOAT.
Championships are a team award.

Considering the body of work and awards and accolades those are the top 3. GOAT is Jordan. Kareem is close. Bron can't be considered #1

I just gave you the top 3

But Bill Russell has the most Championships.

Jordan has 6 and Kareem has 2 Finals MVPs

Lebron has 4 FMVPs

Jordan has 5 MVPs as does Kareem, but Lebron has 3.

By your logic, 2 out of 3 players shouldn't be on considered GOAT.

The crazy thing about it is that finals MVP didn't exist throughout Bill Russell's career and defensive player of the year didn't exist throughout Bill Russell's career (and most of Kareem's career).

Bill Russell would most likely be sitting on 6-10 Finals MVPs and numerous DPOY effectively ending the GOAT debate For those who boil it down to solely championships and Finals MVPs (those Jordan fans whose entire argument is 6-0, 6 Finals MVPs).

Kareem would have at least three DPOY awards in his prime years in the '70s.

Fun fact: with LeBron's loss, Bill Russell is now the only player to have never lost in the first round

Last edited:
Bird
12x All Star
10x All NBA (9 1st team selections)
3x All Defensive
3x league MVP
2x Finals MVP
1x All Star MVP
3x champ

Bean
18x All Star
15x All NBA (11 1st team selections)
12x All Defense (9 1st team selections)
2x scoring champ
1x league MVP
2x Finals MVP
4x All Star MVP
5x champ

I mean it seems really clear but go ahead and argue with yourself.
All-Star is a popularity contest. Doesn't count.

I mean it seems really clear
but go ahead and argue with yourself.

Of course YOU would say THAT.

Posting accomplishments out of context is the way to go.

Nice job there.

Like I said before, MOST people with any sense wouldn't agree with your claim but continue to make it seem like EYE's the one trippin.

You got it, we can move on.

😂😂😂

There is no objective top 10 list. Everything we're arguing is based on opinions and different criteria.
Give me who you think is the weakest of the bottom of the top 10 and I'll tell you why they are OBJECTIVELY ahead of Kobe

Championships are a team award.

Considering the body of work and awards and accolades those are the top 3. GOAT is Jordan. Kareem is close. Bron can't be considered #1

I just gave you the top 3

And making the playoffs isn't TEAM based?

Funny how you understand how that works for certain people and not others.

BUt you make it your life's mission to discredit Steph.

Keep it up.

The crazy thing about it is that finals MVP didn't exist throughout Bill Russell's career and defensive player of the year didn't exist throughout Bill Russell's career (and most of Kareem's career).

Bill Russell would most likely be sitting on 7-8 Finals MVPs and numerous DPOY effectively ending the GOAT debate For those who boil it down to solely championships and Finals MVPs.

Kareem would have at least three DPOY awards in his prime years in the '70s.

Great point. Blocks weren't even formally counted during Bill's time in the league.

And making the playoffs isn't TEAM based?

Funny how you understand how that works for certain people and not others.

BUt you make it your life's mission to discredit Steph.

Keep it up.
I don't need to discredit Steph, his resume speaks for itself. He ain't top 10 either

Wait, some of ya'll think Kobe was a role player? :lol:
Kobe was never top 10 all time when he was alive. How did he magically become top 10 after he passed?
And some of ya'll said Kobe wasn't top 10 when he was alive. :smh: He had older legends and his own peers putting him in the top 10. Only dude I think not putting him in the top 10 was Nick Wright. That is only because he stole Nick's first wife or something.

Wild the gymnastics going on in here to try and prove there point is right. Logic be damn.

Of course YOU would say THAT.

Posting accomplishments out of context is the way to go.

Nice job there.

Like I said before, MOST people with any sense wouldn't agree with your claim but continue to make it seem like EYE's the one trippin.

You got it, we can move on.

Bean was as good of a player at minimum as Bird for a much longer period of time. What other context is needed? Don't answer it's rhetorical.

I don't need to discredit Steph, his resume speaks for itself. He ain't top 10 either

We aren't talking about him being Top 10.

The fact remains, YOU can sit here and say the words, "Championships are a team accomplishment"

BUT

You have spent the last 8 months discussing Steph's fading legacy due to his TEAM'S lack of success during the 20-21 season.

If you can't see the hypocrisy in that then I don't know what to tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom