OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to know how Kobe's resume is EASILY greater than Bird's . ( Like @MVP claimed )
Kobe was 28 a night for 13 years. 5 titles. Only KAJ, MJ, Shaq & Bron are in that class. And then you can’t talk KAJ without Magic so throw him in there too.

If people want to say Kobe is top whatever they’re not wrong. But again, we’re splitting hairs especially since basketball is a 5on5 game.

Kobe was 28 a night for 13 years. 5 titles. Only KAJ, MJ, Shaq & Bron are in that class. And then you can’t talk KAJ without Magic so throw him in there too.

If people want to say Kobe is top whatever they’re not wrong. But again, we’re splitting hairs especially since basketball is a 5on5 game.

Yea but 3 of Kobe's rings came as a result of him being a role player.

So how do we figure that into the equation? 8)

Raise your hands if you agree Aaron Gordon was big upgrade and only had one bad game :lol:
He was an upgrade over Gary Harris and RJ Hampton for this team that was trying to win now. They went on a huge win streak immediately after acquiring him.

Nowhere did I say they were acquiring some star. He's a role player. 5th guy.

If you are losing because your 5th guy isn't playing well, you probably have larger problems.

0AA381C0-2E1C-4ECF-8FF9-C5325A6F2D12.png

game day lessgooo
Why they do his hair like that,? :smh: Look like homie has a Dollar store plastic bag on his head.
The difference is Kobe just pointed out injuries before games to make his performances appear to be more super-human.

He had it figured out.
Because those LeBron injuries never leak prior to a game or a series. :smh:
“It’s been urgency for me to get back ever since I got injured. So that’s just who I am,” he said. “You guys could have seen the logging of the minutes and hours per day that I was doing as far as rehab and treatment, it was a lot more than I slept. So over the last six weeks, that’s all I’ve been doing, is having an urgency to get back and play…. I knew I wasn’t going to get back to 100%. It’s impossible. I don’t think I will ever get back to 100% in my career.”

Dude ain't fooling anyone, always trying to throw out excuses before its time to perform.

I'm a Lakers fan and Kobe is my favorite athlete ever but even I I have Larry Bird ranked higher than Kobe. The big knock on Bird is longevity. In my opinion, Bird's peak was higher than Kobe's (Bird was the last guy to win three consecutive MVPs)

Larry Bird was essentially washed by 1989, a decade into his career. To put things in perspective, a decade into his career Kobe was still at the peak of his powers and hadn't even gone through his late prime championship seasons.

For added context, remember that Larry Bird was a 23-year-old rookie. When Kobe was 23 he was already first team all NBA. It's hard to compare the two because their careers were so different.

Kobe was never top 10 all time when he was alive. How did he magically become top 10 after he passed?

😂😂😂

Maybe we just roll in different basketball circles but I always assumed everyone had Kobe in the back half of the top 10 (7-10 range) with players like Tim Duncan and Shaq.

Give me your list. Here's mine, and no particular order:

LeBron
Jordan
Magic
Kobe
Duncan
Shaq
Bird
Kareem
Wilt
Bill Russell

If Kobe isn't in your top 10, where do you have him ranked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom