OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kobe's resume is top 5ish at worst of all time taking in peak x longevity yet clowns on here will really jump through hoops to try and say the facts aren't what they are and "context" is needed. MJ, Bron, Kareem and Duncan being the other 4.

It's always been interesting to me the divide between how actual NBA players view Kobe and his career versus fans, media members and non-ayer analysts.

There are tons of players, both young and older, who have Kobe in their top five (easily top 10) yet internet nerds and blog boys are shooting down Kobe's career left and right. It's bizarre.

The people who played in the league and have done it rank Kobe higher than people who've never played that level. Let that sink in.

Last edited:
It's always been interesting to me the divide between how actual NBA players view Kobe and his career versus fans, media members and non-ayer analysts.

There are tons of players, both young and older, who have Kobe in their top five (easily top 10) yet internet nerds are shooting down Kobe's career who left and right. It's bizarre.

The people who played in the league and done it rank Kobe higher than people who've never played that level. Let that sink in.

They all need to be drug tested

Apparently

Clips going to tie it up tonight. Would probably stay away from the spread, but I do think it goes over 223.5.

If Mike Conley plays then Utah wins this game. Conley has killed the Clippers in their matchups this season. Also, I don't see the Clippers shooting 52% from three again (If they do then they will probably win again lol)

There are tons of players, both young and older, who have Kobe in their top five (easily top 10) yet internet nerds are shooting down Kobe's career who left and right. It's bizarre.

The people who played in the league and done it rank Kobe higher than people who've never played that level. Let that sink in.

It really is absurd, and in the same breath those dudes will have the audacity to say Wardell and Harden are better ball players. Makes no damn sense.

Kobe's resume is top 5ish at worst of all time taking in peak x longevity yet clowns on here will really jump through hoops to try and say the facts aren't what they are and "context" is needed. MJ, Bron, Kareem and Duncan being the other 4.

Where does our President ELECT rank? As my most trusted fellow Lakers Fan we both know he's #1 but clowns in here don't want to recognize it.

Last edited:

Yea because actually playing in the NBA means your brain operates free of bias.

Let that sink in.

I love how saying he isn't Top 5 and is arguably Top 10 somehow means people are "SHOOTING DOWN his career."

#NTextremes

Provide the objective argument that Hakeem is better than Kobe.

They both have one league MVP and 2 Finals MVPs. The big advantage Hakeem has is that he has 2 DPOYs but if you look at the fact that Kobe has three more championships, a higher career scoring average and far better counting stats, an easy argument can be made for Kobe being a better player.

The overwhelming reason why Kobe has 3 more championships than Hakeem is Shaq which he has 3 FMVPs to prove.

"If CP3 wins a ring."

Let them make the finals first man.

💯💯💯

It's just the nature of sports media nowadays. Four days ago, the nets were viewed as an unstoppable force, a team that could go 16-1 in the playoff and on par with the Durant-Curry Warriors and now the story is "Will they win another game in the 2nd round?"

Lakers were up 2-1 and had a double digit lead in game four prior to Anthony Davis's injury. Every team is just one hamstring or ankle away from destruction. Especially with Chris Paul, I wouldn't talk about the Finals or winning a championship with the injury luck he's had.

The overwhelming reason why Kobe has 3 more championships than Hakeem is Shaq which he has 3 FMVPs to prove.

The only reason Hakeem has any championships is because Michael Jordan had to go on a hiatus because of his gambling troubles or else Hakeem would be in the Karl Malone category.

Every player plays under different circumstances

“Top 5ish at worst” is not a very thoughtful statement.

MJ, Bron, Kareem, Duncan, Bean and Shaq. 6 ppl for 5 spots hence the 'ish'. Magic and Bird didn't have the longevity of the others but their peaks are as high as anybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom