OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I never said PG's were playing the style they play TODAY.

PG's today have the ULTRA green light.

PG's in the late 90s and early 2000s were the prequels to what we see now. (Franchise, BD, Steph, Gil)

So yea, when comparing the scoring aggression of PGs in Stockton's Era to CP3's isn't close.

GP, Kevin Johnson, Tim Hardaway was all better scorers than Stockton. There was some PG's getting buckets back then.

Position less basketball wasn't the thing yet when Lebron came up. He always played forward so he'll likely always be regarded a forward by most.

Even though his assist rate hovered around the MId 30's (and above) for most of his career and he was usually the dominant ball-handler for damn near every team he played on?

Whether the fake "Position-less BBALL" hadn't started or not, LeBron is just as much of a PG as Magic Johnson is.

I generally view who they defend as their position.

Magic wasn't sitting down and checking PGs.

They both were overgrown, primary ball-handlers.

So y’all knocking the PG position now just because they score more nowadays but yet run a team like CP and have the same amount of assists??? 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

Yea this hasn't happened in this thread at all. Please stop.

Rockets twitter is the most entertaining NBA twitter fanbase. They're in shambles

They went from loving St Pierre and hating CP3,Russ

to

Loving CP3, St Pierre but hating russ

to

Hating CP3loving Harden and russ

to

Hating Harden, loving CP3 and russ

9DA7B0D1-D310-4D83-9A5B-3DE1E8978881.jpeg

Those were exceptions to the rule during THAT era.

If you want to pretend the demands of PGs haven't shifted over time we can just end this conversation.

Sorry for wasting your time.

I never said it didn't shift. Matter fact CP3 was part of the shift. He was the first little guard post AI 6ers to lead his team year after year and I feel real comfortable saying he would cooked Stockton. This thread always comparing eras when it's convenient saying this and that player woulda been great in any era now dudes playing dumb. :lol:

Even though his assist rate hovered around the MId 30's (and above) for most of his career and he was usually the dominant ball-handler for damn near every team he played on?

Whether the fake "Position-less BBALL" hadn't started or not, LeBron is just as much of a PG as Magic Johnson is.

I generally view who they defend as their position.

Magic wasn't sitting down and checking PGs.

They both were overgrown, primary ball-handlers.

Yea this hasn't happened in this thread at all. Please stop.
What you said earlier about these lists being messy was the correct answer lol

Marbury and Baron Davis were both leading their teams in scoring while also being top 5 in assists.

CP is just better than them.

Man they was never MVP level players. :lol:

Thought you would say Tony Parker but even he went back and forth with Tim.

Yea he "Officially" only played The Point for yall.

Doesn't mean that was his first time doing it.

So yea, he is the best PG of all time.

Screenshot_20210613-210323_Chrome.jpg

You always wanna be difficult. Mans been a SF his entire career. Ain't going to argue with you about this.

You always wanna be difficult. Mans been a SF his entire career. Ain't going to argue with you about this.

I don't need you to argue.

Again, I am not going by what his position is LISTED as.

I am basing it off his PLAY STYLE.

LeBron James was been a PG FAR longer than his arrival in LAL.

If you believe he ONLY became a PG 3 years ago, cool.

If you qant to only follow what his "Official" position is, cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom