OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m rooting for the Sixers to take it all. Black GM and coach.
10.05.20_docrivers-08.jpg

New Orleans CP3 would embarrass any John Stockton. :lol:

CP3 came into the league a dog carrying a team. Now CP3 is building some longevity. Stockton has series where he was avg single digit point, great passer but he wasn't aggressive at all.

I have him at 4 behind magic, Curry, IT.

I go back and forth between him and IT fr.
You can't go wrong with either. He's definitely top 5.
I'm DEFINITELY taking CP3 over Stockton. I said it before.

I'd say his numbers are slightly inflated due to the rules back then.
The majority of Stockton's assists were either for guys coming off screens or EASY post entry passes and break aways. A lot of those assist are based off Malone's ability to finish.
Stockton was really good, but he doesn't do anything remarkable imo.
I appreciate his grittiness and longevity, but I can't put him in the same sentence as Magic, Steph, & CP3.

Magic has 3 finals MVPs, Steph has 0
Magic has 5 rings, Steph has 3
Magic has 3 MVPs, Steph has 2
Magic 9 all-nba 1st team, Steph has 3
Magic has 1 all-nba 2nd team, Steph has 2

It would take a lot more than 1 ring to surpass Magic

It would take 3 rings, 3 finals MVPs, another MVP, and 5 more all-nba 1st teams

Basically impossible at this point in Stephs career

It is kinda pointless but people love their lists.

But it's just interesting to see people era bias metrics to add/decrease value to certain folks.
I agree they are pointless at times and I kind of hate them lol

I was chiming in on CP over Stockton. It's not by a lot. They both lead a team similarly. Maybe give an edge to CP defensively but Stockton also graded out extremely well on that end. It's hard for me to imagine Stockton being as versatile a scorer as CP.

Both great players.

I go back and forth between him and IT fr.
You can't go wrong with either. He's definitely top 5.
I'm DEFINITELY taking CP3 over Stockton. I said it before.
LAst summer, I was told CP3 was an "Ultra Safe" passer.

So what would that make Stockton?

• Fire
Reactions: HIM
If he was born in 1986, his mindset would be different though.

So why penalize Stockton for not living in an era where PG's had the green light TO be more aggressive?
If he was born in 1986 I think it's fair to assume his career probably wouldn't have turned out the same.

You can only go with what you know. Both great players.

If he was born in 1986, his mindset would be different though.

So why penalize Stockton for not living in an era where PG's had the green light TO be more aggressive?

That's BS cuz CP3 came in the league in 05. PG's wasn't playing the style they play today. CP3 was the only PG leading his team in scoring in his NO days.

Again, nobody answered my question.

If Magic is considered a PG, why shouldn't LeBron be considered one?

Only logical answers , free of emotion needed.

Thanks.

That was a good one. :lol:
Position less basketball wasn't the thing yet when Lebron came up. He always played forward so he'll likely always be regarded a forward by most.

That's BS cuz CP3 came in the league in 05. PG's wasn't playing the style they play today. CP3 was the only PG leading his team in scoring in his NO days.

Yea, I never said PG's were playing the style they play TODAY.

PG's today have the ULTRA green light.

PG's in the late 90s and early 2000s were the prequels to what we see now. (Franchise, BD, Steph, Gil)

So yea, when comparing the scoring aggression of PGs in Stockton's Era to CP3's isn't close.

So y’all knocking the PG position now just because they score more nowadays but yet run a team like CP and have the same amount of assists??? 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom