OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
They used to call Bron a "point forward"
I see both sides of the argument because he did handle ball handling duties most of his career but it depends if you look at it with the whole point forward thing or if you want to ignore the depth chart and call him the point guard. It's tough for me to call him a guard but I get it.

You always wanna be difficult. Mans been a SF his entire career. Ain't going to argue with you about this.

Argue with Mike Brown, not me.

Still, you’d be hard-pressed to find a team without a designated point guard—even in today’s mostly positionless NBA. Shooting guards and forwards might now all be “wings,” and centers may be going extinct, but most teams still charge specific players with running their attacks. The role remains unique. And it’s one James has always held.

“He was a point guard with us from Day One,” said Mike Brown, who took over as the Cavaliers’ head coach in 2005, James’ third season in the NBA, and coached him for five years. “He brought the ball up, he initiated the offense, he did everything.”

They went from loving St Pierre and hating CP3,Russ

to

Loving CP3, St Pierre but hating russ

to

Hating CP3loving Harden and russ

to

Hating Harden, loving CP3 and russ

9DA7B0D1-D310-4D83-9A5B-3DE1E8978881.jpeg
Watching this all unfold is hilarious

They used to call Bron a "point forward"
I see both sides of the argument because he did handle ball handling duties most of his career but it depends if you look at it with the whole point forward thing or if you want to ignore the depth chart and call him the point guard. It's tough for me to call him a guard but I get it.

If LeBron was a Point Forward, then Magic was a Point Forward.

They both were Primary Ball Handlers.

Magic rarely defended opposing PGs.

Bron occasionally guarded opposing PGs.

Not sure how one IS a PG and the other isn't.

Why? Because their coach wrote certain letters by their names while filling out the scorer's book before the game?

It is ILLOGICAL to think otherwise.

But I know yall don't like being challenged.

although cliff played great in this series, let's not pretend he didn't do it against a team that can't defend the pick & roll.

gonna be way tougher in the next round

I didn't realize being an MVP candidate was part of this conversation? You just said CP was the only PG doing it. Which he wasn't.

Where was Marbury leading his teams to? BDiddy also went back and forth with Mashburn. He didn't always lead his teams in scoring. I'll break it down a lil better, by the time CP3 was 22 was leading winning teams. Consistently.

Screenshot_20210613-210323_Chrome.jpg

You always wanna be difficult. Mans been a SF his entire career. Ain't going to argue with you about this.

I ain't **** change about what position Lebron played in LA except he publicly said he was a point guard in the preseason.

Literally nothing

Ty Lue being difficult too I guess.

"First time ever was with LAL"

LeBron James as Cavaliers point guard, a smashing success - cleveland.com

I ain't **** change about what position Lebron played in LA except he publicly said he was a point guard in the preseason.

Literally nothing

Is Giannis a PG too then? We just going to call all primary ball handlers PGs?

Even if James or Kyrie don’t comeback, KD should be expected to get win being the best player in the world. Bron still got that slander after 2015, so Kd should expect the same if he don’t pull it out

Bron has been top 15 in the league in APG every year of his career and is 8th on the all-time assists list with no other non-PG in the top 25. He always has the ball in his hands orchestrating the offense. How does that not make him a PG?

Even if James or Kyrie don’t comeback, KD should be expected to get win being the best player in the world. Bron still got that slander after 2015, so Kd should expect the same if he don’t pull it out

KD will get fired up if he isn't able to "Win by himself."

I support local players and always will but this will be a funny turn of events. :lol:

Bron has been top 15 in the league in APG every year of his career and is 8th on the all-time assists list with no other non-PG in the top 25. He always has the ball in his hands orchestrating the offense. How does that not make him a PG?
Don't expect an answer.

LeBron James: Best PG Of All Time.

He's been a point forward for the majority of his career. One of the best passers of all time.

Where was Marbury leading his teams to? BDiddy also went back and forth with Mashburn. He didn't always lead his teams in scoring. I'll break it down a lil better, by the time CP3 was 22 was leading winning teams. Consistently.
You're moving goal posts now. Literally no one is arguing that CP isn't better than those guys.

You just said he was the ONLY PG leading his team in scoring during that time. Which was false.

That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom