OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
4uhgdaug69371.jpg

The whole notion that MVP caliber players don't spend enough time working on their game/bodies always blows my mind.

You don't become that elite w/o constantly working, there is no guaranteed way to avoid injury. it's relatively about luck

All these unicorn 7 footers are injury prone.

I'll keep saying it, the human body wasn't meant to run and jump like that for an extended period of time at that height and weight.

That's probably the only thing saving KD is that he weighs like 175 lbs.

I’m not a doctor but alot of these dudes play hundreds of games before they even hit college or the nba. I’m 36 so I came up in AAU but we still had off seasons or played other sports as well. I think the sole focus on basketball year around, plus players being bigger, stronger, faster, could play a big part in all of these ligament injuries.

That's the point, everyone gets injured. But not weighing 260+ certainly gives your body some reprieve during the rehab process.

Not everyone can keep their strength and quickness while they lose weight.

I'd say KP is pretty damn light. He lost weight in the offseason and yet still washed and injury prone.

Durant isn't a replicable situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom