OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
33% FG
25% 3FG
79% FT
4.2 TOPG

AEBDA7B8-495E-4B9D-B9EE-4741F6CCFC61.gif
that the lakers team stats?

SAS calling out players about their lack of voice when it comes to black coaches/office heads was dead on.

these players got so much mouth when it comes to everything else

and the way these players have treated black coaches in the past has been horrid.

The Luka-Trae trade was at least somewhat defensible.

I could squint and see Trae becoming an elite offensive orchestrator.

I didn't think it was likely he'd be as good as Luka but I got the idea hey is Trae + another lottery pick might be better than Luka, I figured that's possible.

The Bagley pick was insane and the Ayton pick was only justifiable if you are a coward or you're a University of Arizona alum. :lol:

The Luka-Trae trade was at least somewhat defensible.

I could squint and see Trae becoming an elite offensive orchestrator.

I didn't think it was likely he'd be as good as Luka but I got the idea hey is Trae + another lottery pick might be better than Luka, I figured that's possible.

The Bagley pick was insane and the Ayton pick was only justifiable if you are a coward or you're a University of Arizona alum. :lol:
For sure... The only problem is that extra lottery pick turned into Cam Reddish who isn't good, or healthy, and is buried on the depth chart. :lol:
But in theory, at the time that trade isn't totally irrational.

I swear white people let racism prevent them from playing basketball.

stereotypes about athleticism and physical prowess just melts their brains when it comes to basketball players.

Vlade Divac selecting Marvin Bagley was pure self hatred.

Vlade was like "this "unathletic" white european guy, I was a that and I wasn't an MVP so Luka can't be that good, gimmie the athletic (black) power forward.":lol:

I swear white people let racism prevent them from playing basketball.

stereotypes about athleticism and physical prowess just melts their brains when it comes to basketball players.

Vlade Divac selecting Marvin Bagley was pure self hatred.

Vlade was like "this "unathletic" white european guy, I was a that and I wasn't an MVP so Luka can't be that good, gimmie the athletic (black) power forward.":lol:
1622738202233.gif

Ric Bucher on Cowherd trashing American basketball development and AAU in contrast with Luka. Such horrible takes. Voices like this guy need to step aside.

people always ignore players like Jan Vesley or Mario Hezonja guys who rode their physical tools to NBA lottery picks.

but never developed the skills to stick in the NBA.

it's all a racial thing, guys like Jan Vesley don't get looked at as low skill all physical tool players because they are white.,

Ric Bucher on Cowherd trashing American basketball development and AAU in contrast with Luka. Such horrible takes. Voices like this guy need to step aside.

Laughably stupid. The league is still dominated by American players. Just because Luka - a 1-of-1 generational talent - happens to be from Slovenia doesn’t prove there is a problem with American basketball development.

He’s conveniently ignoring that young American players like Ja, Trae, Booker, etc. are also performing at a super high level in the playoffs.

The owner of the ******* team got that take off and it was and still is absurd.

I'll concede I don't watch European basketball like that but Luka's skill set ain't "traditionally" European.

He's a Harden/Lebron mash up and the only time I see bird is when he's on the block

The owner of the ****ing team got that take off and it was and still is absurd.

I'll concede I don't watch European basketball like that but Luka's skill set ain't "traditionally" European.

He's a Harden/Lebron mash up and the only time I see bird is when he's on the block
The biggest absurdity about it is there’s literally no other foreign player aside from Luka that’s ever come over at this age that’s been this advanced fundamentally AND ready either physically or mentally to compete at this level.

This is rarified air regardless of where he came from. People have tried to make it “THIS IS WHAT EURO BASKETBALL IS DOING FOR THEIR KIDS” when this is a 1-of-1 scenario.

Making sweeping generalizations about it is insanely dumb.

This is... Bad. The NBAPA should can't be happy.

And he wants another 100mil. I’m sorry no

I could see him getting a 3 year, $60-70M deal. That said, he's taking a gamble - if he gets a major injury next season it could be his last contract. However, if he has another strong season he could get another 2 year deal at $50M + $44M.

He's probably going off the advice of his agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom