OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is... Bad. The NBAPA should can't be happy.

I could see him getting a 3 year, $60-70M deal. That said, he's taking a gamble - if he gets a major injury next season it could be his last contract. However, if he has another strong season he could get another 2 year deal at $50M + $44M.

He's probably going off the advice of his agent.
He ain’t opting out of $44m without knowing he’s got security either from Phoenix or somewhere else.

julius randle
bring him home to dallas
LaVine would be damned high on my list. Beal, too, because I think the Mavericks need someone to take some of the ball handling off Luka's shoulders and let him breathe.

Injury issues aside, and Indiana has no reason to move him, I LOVED Brogdon as a potential Luka pairing when he was free.

If there were any line of sight to landing Myles Turner, I think that's the kinda big I'd move off KP to put next to Luka.

LaVine is a solid choice - man needs to get out of Chicago ASAP.

Likewise for Randle - but someone will have to take KP's contract. The guy was extremely 'shook' last night - zero hustle, hesitating like a MF.

G-League cats play with more heart and effort.

I think Luka being “fundamentally sound” is a trash take. He shoots step backs and highly contested shots. The same plays Twitter coaches bash black kids for. Fundamental is code for white.

Luka is a successful European because he knows how to hoop, not just play basketball.
That’s fair - and it’s certainly a buzzword in larger context.

I don’t view shot selection as a fundamental aspect, but wouldn’t argue it either way.

Who is skilled and who is athletic is so totally warped by race.

When I was heavily into the draft and I watched the youth european tournaments, I'd watch how perceptions of European players transformed as they got close to being draft picks.

Kristaps is another good example of this.
He's treated in the media like a high skill player, when in reality he was a dude heavily reliant on his athleticism.

He's a good shooter, not a great one l, he doesn't have incredible footwork, hes not some high IQ passer.

So now that knee injuries have sapped his athleticism

what's left l? Just a solid shooter who has nothing else to bring.

F6304315-E4E6-4833-A074-72B0DFB823D7.gif

That’s fair - and it’s certainly a buzzword in larger context.

I don’t view shot selection as a fundamental aspect, but wouldn’t argue it either way.

don’t know if it was you who said he was a descendant of Lebron/harden which I agree with but I can’t ever remember the latter being called fundamentally sound.

Luka can hoop. That’s why he’s great IMO. He thrives off creativity which to me is the opposite of fundamentals

Not saying the Jazz are that but during the 2015 playoffs did folks not trust the Warriors? Or were they considered legit because they had a couple playoff runs together prior to that and won 67 games?

Folks Def didn’t trust them. They went down 2-1 to Memphis….and it was “see, jump shooting teams can’t win” :lol:

Jazz/Nuggets WCF going to be an audience of 1 on here

9907913C-7DEE-473D-B86D-7846929DCCD8.jpeg

Has any NBA team in history lost all 4 home games in a 7 game series? Asking for no reason in particular.

don’t know if it was you who said he was a descendant of Lebron/harden which I agree with but I can’t ever remember the latter being called fundamentally sound.

Luka can hoop. That’s why he’s great IMO. He thrives off creativity which to me is the opposite of fundamentals
I’ve been on white Harden train since he was drafted.

But can certainly get behind an argument that their feel for the game and creativity are as important to what makes them special as any particular skill advancement.

Those dudes are just different.

I don't see fundamentals and creativity as being diametrically opposed
I think strong fundamentals are the base that allow creativity to be successful and flourish
I see it as them working in tandem. The best players arent the best because they're fundamentally sound
Fundamentally sound just means you're a good role player. They're not the best because they're creative either
We've seen lots of creative players that didn't necessarily have the skill or IQ to properly capitalize. More role players
The best are the best because they have both in excess. Their fundamental aptitude enrichens their creativity and vice versa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom