OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s better situations out there but Nix isn’t that bad, he’s mid.

Honestly as a Michigan fan given our uncertainty, I’d take Bo Nix rn tbh.

Nah Nix isn’t bad he’s just never gotten better over the years. Spot on with calling him Mid.

If frost pulls another 4-5 win season you think his seat will be hot?

There’s better situations out there but Nix isn’t that bad, he’s mid.

Honestly as a Michigan fan given our uncertainty, I’d take Bo Nix rn tbh.
Nah Nix isn’t bad he’s just never gotten better over the years. Spot on with calling him Mid.

I've watched a lot of Auburn football over the last couple seasons and I can tell you that Bo Nix is super ordinary. He's the classic case of a player who is a better athlete than they are a QB. If he weren't white and his dad didn't play QB at Auburn, he'd be playing wide receiver or defensive back.

Although he has the size and athleticism he's not a natural QB and he's shown no progress reading defenses. To be fair, all of the issues aren't on him. Auburn's offensive line hasn't been good lately and their scheme didn't fit his skill set.

If I were Demetrius Robertson I'd probably go back to the Pac-12 where he was putting up numbers as a freshman.

I've watched a lot of Auburn football over the last couple seasons and I can tell you that Bo Nix is super ordinary. He's the classic case of a player who is a better athlete than they are a QB. If he weren't white and his dad didn't play QB at Auburn, he'd be playing wide receiver or defensive back.

Although he has the size and athleticism he's not a natural QB and he's shown no progress reading defenses. To be fair, all of the issues aren't on him. Auburn's offensive line hasn't been good lately and their scheme didn't fit his skill set.

If I were Demetrius Robertson I'd probably go back to the Pac-12 where he was putting up numbers as a freshman.

He'd be my favorite DB or WR then. For now he isn't my favorite QB.

Dude was pretty impressive as a freshman and just never got better.

Actually it could’ve been he was just impressive during that comeback last second style win against Oregon :lol: (I think that’s who they played)

Dude was pretty impressive as a freshman and just never got better.

Actually it could’ve been he was just impressive during that comeback last second style win against Oregon :lol: (I think that’s who they played)

He was really impressive on the game-winning drive of that game but if you look at the stat sheet he was still 13 for 31, 177 yds 2 TDs/2 ints (He gets a pass because that was his first collegiate game and he was playing against a top 15 team though). He just hasn't progressed.

He fits the mold of an athlete first-QB. Can't read defenses and if his first read isn't open or if he feels any type of pressure his first instinct is to run.

He was really impressive on the game-winning drive of that game but if you look at the stat sheet he was still 13 for 31, 177 yds 2 TDs/2 ints (He gets a pass because that was his first collegiate game and he was playing against a top 15 team though). He just hasn't progressed.

He fits the mold of an athlete first-QB. Can't read defenses and if his first read isn't open or if he feels any type of pressure his first instinct is to run.

Word to Braxton Miller

Scott is 12-20 overall, 9-17 in conference, has not beaten a ranked opponent, has not been to a single bowl game, and heads into year 4 with most preseason predictors placing them near the bottom of the Big Ten. :lol:

Nebraska talks a good game publicly but his leash can only last so long. Good news for him is a) his contract terms and b) there is literally no one else exciting to take this job.

Scott is 12-20 overall, 9-17 in conference, has not beaten a ranked opponent, has not been to a single bowl game, and heads into year 4 with most preseason predictors placing them near the bottom of the Big Ten. :lol:

Nebraska talks a good game publicly but his leash can only last so long. Good news for him is a) his contract terms and b) there is literally no one else exciting to take this job.

Yep I think B is the biggest thing. Firing your big alumni program saving hero after just 4 years? That would be a terrible look

It should be, Tom Os ain’t walking through that door, but they should be better.

There’s not a rockstar no brainer hire for them out there like Frost again, but philosophically Jamey Chadwell is basically running what I’d imagine Tom Osborne would probably be running in 2021.

It should be, Tom Os ain’t walking through that door, but they should be better.

There’s not a rockstar no brainer hire for them out there like Frost again, but philosophically Jamey Chadwell is basically running what I’d imagine Tom Osborne would probably be running in 2021.

Frost need to get 6-7 wins for him not being a short leach from the new AD. Nebraska should’ve stayed in the Big 12. They have no business being in the Big ten makes no sense.

Frost need to get 6-7 wins for him not being a short leach from the new AD. Nebraska should’ve stayed in the Big 12. They have no business being in the Big ten makes no sense.

This is what I believe is the real issue which is that they never should've left the Big 12. Used to love those CU/Nebraska post Thanksgiving games as a kid. Part of what Nebraska is struggling with is the realities of recruiting in the Big 10 vs the Big 12. When they were in the Big 12 Nebraska had a deep pipeline for recruits in Texas and California. Hard to recruit those states for the Big 10 unless you're Ohio State. They also overrated themselves on the academic front during the move to the Big 10. I remember one of their arguments was that they were better academically then other Big 12 schools to justify the move.

Some quick thoughts without too much brainstorming/research on the topic, so expect some inaccuracies, but … it’s easy to look back now and say it was a bad move, at least on the field. If I recall correctly, during that period, several schools were considering abandoning ship and moving to the then PAC10. There were rumblings the Big 12 may not be a conference anymore and be dissolved (don’t recall if Nebraska was one of the triggers for the instability though?) Add to it that people were also pissed off about UT and the Longhorn Network, the conference was pretty unstable. I think I vaguely recall the SEC sniffin’ around to see the likelihood of UT joining? Correct me if I’m wrong, since it’s been over a decade. I think that’s around the time when A&M hopped on board? I know the money/revenue really started really pouring in for A&M once it made the move. Not that they don’t have their own old money and are willing to pay.

Anyway, as a fan, it’s terrible, for reason already outlined by some of y’all. As an institution or getting paid by the Conference at the end of the year, probably a huge win in Nebraska’s book even if the football product is trash. Unfortunately, sometimes there are larger forces/politics that influence the game we love.

I do often wonder what Nebraska would have been like had they held on to Bo. The dude literally had the same type 10/9-4 record in the Big 10 as he had in the Big 12 in the final years and won their Division once. Ironically, it seemed like crap went downhill after he got canned.

Bo has been better than their current and last hires. 9 wins is a lot better than 4-5.

Im sure Nebraska thinks about their B10 move but once that revenue check kicks in all those thoughts are out of the window

I don’t think the SEC ever made any real pass at UT.

They’d pretty well made themselves kryptonite with the LHN and they had little to no motivation to leave because they basically controlled the conference at that time.

They got what they wanted because they were - largely - everyone else’s cash cow.

Nebraska leaving always felt weird, but I don’t think staying changes anything. They were already into a downward spiral they’ve never pulled out of.

The majority of Nebraska’s run was in the Big 8, only the tail end took place in the Big XII.

Nebraska isn’t Nebraska anymore because Osborne isn’t walking through that door. Has nothing to do with conference affiliation.

The majority of Nebraska’s run was in the Big 8, only the tail end took place in the Big XII.

Nebraska isn’t Nebraska anymore because Osborne isn’t walking through that door. Has nothing to do with conference affiliation.
Nebraska also used to cheat their asses off in recruiting and pump their players full of PEDs.

They recruited Cali fine under Mike Riley. This down period is just one of those cyclical things. There’s probably some kids they used to get that are now going to Baylor, Iowa State, etc.

Nebraska also used to cheat their asses off in recruiting and pump their players full of PEDs.

They recruited Cali fine under Mike Riley. This down period is just one of those cyclical things. There’s probably some kids they used to get that are now going to Baylor, Iowa State, etc.
Part of their problem is everyone else dipping into California, too.

Clemson, Bama, Texas are all significantly more prevalent out there than they were even a decade ago.

That’s probably true as well.

I think most big time programs probably caught up with the PED’s in the 90’s but it’s rumored Nebraska was the first to really experiment with them, and Nebraska was really the first program to take S&C in general seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom