OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy.gif

I legitimately think that PFF college is trolling with some of their rankings. Emory Jones (who has never started a game or made a meaningful throw in three years of college football) is ranked higher than JT Daniels and D'Eriq King does a top three QB in their eyes

Maybe I'm missing it w/ Rattler. He is good, but the way he is talked about vs the play on the field is a bit disconnected to me.

Prob need to watch more of him to be able to give a real opinion on him

Yeah, I really only watched a few of their games early in the season and he didn't look great, though he still put up numbers I guess. Probably not fair to judge him off that, but I know they ended the season strong, so I'm assuming he got better. Hard to imagine #1 in cfb from the little I saw of him though.

Maybe I'm missing it w/ Rattler. He is good, but the way he is talked about vs the play on the field is a bit disconnected to me.

Yeah, I really only watched a few of their games early in the season and he didn't look great, though he still put up numbers I guess. Probably not fair to judge him off that, but I know they ended the season strong, so I'm assuming he got better. Hard to imagine #1 in cfb from the little I saw of him though.

Ditto. I don't see it and never bought in to the hype.
His arm is good, but his reads and progressions aren't there, and he has happy feet in the pocket.
He also tends to make the hero pass a lot. IDK. I'm not that impressed with him though.

A lot of it is projection IMO. He was the number one QB coming out of high school, he's a talented player and he's playing for a coach that puts QBs in the league.

Nothing I've seen from him pops out like "wow, this is the consensus number one QB in the nation and future first overall pick". A benefit to him is that this year's QB class isn't as strong as the last couple of years.

He's really good, but I don't see clear-cut no-questions-asked best player in college football good.

I'm a Sam Howell guy.

Rattler in is in that Mahomes/Zach Wilson mold which is going to push him a bit since evaluators have finally come around to guys who play like that.

With Rattler tho I almost feel like it’s too off structure at times. I understood it with Mahomes because he had to put that team on his back at TT. But Rattler has talent around him, it’s fine to just get on base at times. Not everything needs to be a HR.

eh, he wasn’t exactly sending those kids like that our way when he was there. I’m happy to have him back tho.

I’ll say this, there is no excuse for Michigan in recruiting anymore. I don’t ever want to hear *****ing and moaning about bag men ever again.

Bruh they just need to move on:lol:

That Tattoo 5? Get outta here with that self appointed nickname sh*t
I might be biased because he’s my boy but I think they should have this stuff cleared retroactively. We all knew it was stupid at the time.

I might be biased because he’s my boy but I think they should have this stuff cleared retroactively. We all knew it was stupid at the time.

Oh I agree it was absolutely dumb and should be cleared. But they’re coming across as making it bigger than what it was or has ever been IMO.

Posey and Pryor were some monsters though. I saw Pryor play in person and dude was a freak athlete

Oh I agree it was absolutely dumb and should be cleared. But they’re coming across as making it bigger than what it was or has ever been IMO.

Posey and Pryor were some monsters though. I saw Pryor play in person and dude was a freak athlete
Nah man. This was like a top story on Sportscenter for weeks. They were getting dragged through the mud, got suspended, etc. This was absolutely a big deal at the time. Think you’re misremembering as time has passed. Tressel lost his damn job because of it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom