Official 2021 Boxing Thread: 11/6 - Canelo Alvarez vs. Caleb Plant SHO PPV

There has been "celebrity" boxing matches for years now. This is nothing new.

Exactly

"I beat yo *** like that white boy on MTV" - 50 Cent :rofl: to Sticky Fingaz. That fight was so big at the time as a celebrity match and I believe thats when heavyweights were reigning like Tyson. Holyfield etc . Boxing has been just fine since.

Floyd in his mind believes his "legacy" in the ring is set by virtue of 50-0 and the smartest timing of opponent selection at 147 the sport has ever seen.

Some boxers fight for the money (Floyd), some continued in their old age to fight for Boxing Legacy (RJJ, BHop, Pac, Foreman).

In their prime, and in the era in which Floyd was fighting, who beats him?

I hate that the bum slayer Terrance Crawford is in his corner though :lol: . Idk what Uber driver he is going to fight next.

In their prime, and in the era in which Floyd was fighting, who beats him?
Hard to say

We'll never know who wins Floyd vs Margarito in his 147 prime because it never happened.

Floyd fought Cotto after Cotto was no longer in his prime prime.

Floyd fought Canelo when Canelo was in his early 20s and pretty much an inexperienced prizefighter at the time.

Marquez had no business fighting Floyd at welterweight where JMM was clearly slower and less effective fighting pretty much 2 weight classes above his regular fighting weight.

We know Manny and Floyd were way past their peak when they fought in 2015, a fight that happened 5 years too late.

Imo, the last times Floyd put on a real show in the ring was Hatton, Gatti, Corrales, and Corley

Last edited:
Hard to say

We'll never know who wins Floyd vs Margarito in his 147 prime because it never happened.

Floyd fought Cotto after Cotto was no longer in his prime prime.

Floyd fought Canelo when Canelo was in his early 20s and pretty much an inexperienced prizefighter at the time.

Marquez had no business fighting Floyd at a welterweight.

We know Manny and Floyd were way past their peak when they fought in 2015, a fight that happened 5 years too late.

Imo, the last times Floyd put on a real show in the ring was Hatton, Gatti, Corrales, and Corley

So in other words nobody :lol:. There was no point where Cotto was beating him, and Floyd retired before Canelo ever hit his peak. If he never fought Canelo at all folks would be out here talking about how he ducked him.

And Margarito is a confirmed cheat in the worst type of way. Without loaded gloves he wasn't doing ****.

Manny in his prime and Paul Williams at 147 lbs are the only "missed" matchups for Floyd imo. Everyone else was getting beat, it is what it is. And I'm not even some Floyd superfan but the "Floyd chose perfectly" argument is incredibly weak when you actually think about the matchups he had available.

sugar ray Leonard better than Floyd. I’m biased though. Sugar my favorite

Not mad at that. I was just speaking on Floyd's era, but yeah if we're talking all time welterweights there's a whole lot of guys in the picture, I think there's plenty of guys that would give Floyd a very tough fight if not beat him outright.

Just came in here to say that this was a boring fight. Especially when I know Shakur can do better. He’s fighting very reserved tonight. Smh.

Yeah man he should of made a splash with this fight. The top guys are gonna say he’s boring and they don’t see anything. Guys like this you gotta get outta there ASAP or make a splash.

That is not good if Bradley said that and he loves Shakur :lol:. I’m glad Dre and him were critical tonight of him. Gotta up the offense and get more aggressive. The defense is lovely but you gotta take risk especially if you wanna put on a show.

So in other words nobody :lol:. There was no point where Cotto was beating him, and Floyd retired before Canelo ever hit his peak. If he never fought Canelo at all folks would be out here talking about how he ducked him.

And Margarito is a confirmed cheat in the worst type of way. Without loaded gloves he wasn't doing ****.

Manny in his prime and Paul Williams at 147 lbs are the only "missed" matchups for Floyd imo. Everyone else was getting beat, it is what it is. And I'm not even some Floyd superfan but the "Floyd chose perfectly" argument is incredibly weak when you actually think about the matchups he had available.
Floyd retired like, what, 3 times in his 30s while he was in his peak if I'm not mistaken lol. Whatever the true reasons for his early retirements I dont really care, all I know is....Timing is everything, loaded Margarito gloves notwithstanding.

Had Floyd fought the Manny that beat down Cotto, Hatton, and Margarito, there's a really good chance he ain't sportin a 50-0 record.

Either way, Floyd arguably the hardest boxer to hit, but imo Leonard and Hagler in their primes beat Floyd easily.

I hate when boxing fans talk about what if’s. They never fought in their prime get over it. Most folk that do that nonsense are Pac man stans. Pac man was never on Floyd’s level.

Had Floyd fought the Manny that beat down Cotto, Hatton, and Margarito, there's a really good chance he ain't sportin a 50-0 record.

The same Manny that won a very questionable majority decision to the same undersized JMM that you just said had no business fighting Floyd :lol: And then got knocked out by that same JMM the next time they fought :lol:

We all wanted to see the fight earlier than it happened but there's alot more evidence that the fight would've gone Floyd's way than the opposite. But whatever it's water under the bridge at this point

Back
Top Bottom