Official 2021 Boxing Thread: 11/6 - Canelo Alvarez vs. Caleb Plant SHO PPV

The same Manny that won a very questionable majority decision to the same undersized JMM that you just said had no business fighting Floyd :lol: And then got knocked out by that same JMM the next time they fought :lol:

We all wanted to see the fight earlier than it happened but there's alot more evidence that the fight would've gone Floyd's way than the opposite. But whatever it's water under the bridge at this point
Dudes don’t even know what they’re talking about lol.

Shakur my favorite but he tryna fight like Pretty Boy Floyd but the thing about PBF soon as he knew it was time to get him outta there he was aggressive and got you outta there.

Shakur will shine in his next fight against Jamel Herring. He has to...

T-bum crawford is too busy calling out smaller fighters

dude is a bum. I can’t take him serious even though he is a talent. He got NO fights lined up and missed out on Pac and Spence.

get out ya PBC contract with ARUM or get some fans and better fights :lol:. Dude can’t sell out any fight

as much hate as we give Arum he said he can make the Porter fight right now. Crawford ducking. He don’t even wanna fight Josh Taylor I’m hearing. Ain’t no more washed Kell Brooks and Amir Khans out there to fight anymore.

Floyd and his 0 is legendary no doubt. But EYE believe without a shadow of a doubt that Leonard, Hagler, and a couple others in their primes beat Floyd in his prime at either 47 or 54.

We can talk and not talk about what ifs all we want but EYE don't believe he is a top 5 all time great but definitely a great of his era

Last edited:
Reading through the comments about Shakur, looks like I didn’t miss much. Funny about that Tim Bradley comment about falling asleep. I fell asleep watching the last Shakur fight that was uploaded on YouTube the other night lol…

He’s too predictable with his tempo .. tap jab, straight left hand, right hook, straight left hand.
He’s got good skills, speed, and reflexes. Just need to be more aggressive and more creative with his combos.

The disrespect Money MAY gets in here is disgusting. He’s a top 5 welterweight in any era. If you match him up against Sugar or Herns he would hold his own or even beat those guys. He’s is the best defensive fighter of all time. IMO!! As for Shakur he’s still getting there. He’s got the talent and skill., but he will need to take more chances to get knockouts and look flashy to satisfied the casual fans.

Don’t disrespect Leonard or Hagler comparing floyd to them though.

Jmm was at 135 when he fought floyd joy.
Guerrero jumped from 135 to 147 and 1 fight later fights floyd.
dude has been an exhibition fighter for a long long time

Don’t disrespect Leonard or Hagler comparing floyd to them though.

Jmm was at 135 when he fought floyd joy.
Guerrero jumped from 135 to 147 and 1 fight later fights floyd.
dude has been an exhibition fighter for a long long time

Jumping weight classes for a fight has been done in boxing successfully. Hopkins went up two weight classes and whipped Tarver. JMM took a chance and lost.

And in the fight before Guerrero fought Floyd he fought at welterweight and beat Andre Berto, including knocking him down twice in the first two rounds and leaving him looking like this:

andre-berto-c300033b-61d2-4c27-bb7a-5b783496c40-resize-750.jpeg

But exhibition tho

Last edited:
Floyd defense is elite he can't be hit... this is why I think he would be great in any era imo
If Floyd fought the elites in the 80s and 90s - two completely different breeds and generations and mentalities of fighters - he would've had blood on his face damn near every single fight,that's of course if Floyd wouldn't have "retired" 4-5 times had he fought in those decades

Believe me Floyd would've had a VERY DIFFICULT TIME with Prime Pernell Whitaker let alone prime Leonard, who imo hits him consistently

Last edited:
If Floyd fought the elites in the 80s and 90s - two completely different breeds and generations and mentalities of fighters - he would've had blood on his face every single fight.

Believe me Floyd would've had a VERY DIFFICULT TIME with Prime Pernell Whitaker let alone prime Leonard, who imo hits him consistently
Let’s stop with the hypotheticals.

Let’s stop with the hypotheticals.
Hypotheticals will always be at play when people tryna argue if Floyd belongs among the greats of all time.

If people think 50-0 holds enough weight to include him top 5 all time across divisions that's when boxing fans who actually witnessed the 70s, 80s, and 90s will laugh

Hagler was always at 160 so you can't bring him into the convo
Hagler weighed 155 in a lot of his fights and 157 vs Duran and Leonard.

He chose to fight at middleweight cause he dominated that division for pretty much damn near a decade.

Had a 154 Floyd been around in his era, I'm sure Hagler has little problem losing 2-3 pounds to fight Money May in a money fight at 154 cause he clearly wasn't weight drained fighting Duran.

Then it would've been nice to see if Floyd accepts the challenge

Young Floyd
This is not true. Let's not act like he's the only one LOL in the history of the sport LOL

re-read what he said. its a fact. Floyd really has never really looked washed even well past his prime. Imagine if MoneyMay never had hand issues too. he lost a little power from breaking his hands a bit but his pop,precision and speed never left.

You just sound like you wanna make hypotheticals for no clear reason.

Let it go...Mayweather is a living legend, HOF and one of the greatest ever whether you like it or not.

Young Floyd

re-read what he said. its a fact. Floyd really has never really looked washed even well past his prime. Imagine if MoneyMay never had hand issues too. he lost a little power from breaking his hands a bit but his pop,precision and speed never left.

You just sound like you wanna make hypotheticals for no clear reason.

Let it go...Mayweather is a living legend, HOF and one of the greatest ever whether you like it or not.
My dude said Floyd was a beast in his pure prime and past his prime and that no other boxer had ever been like that before. That's exactly what he said. And I laughed cause that ain't true.

I never said Floyd wasn't a legend LOL. Nor did I question his skill, precision, speed, or ability. Pls reread what I wrote. You tryna,make it seem like me hating on Floyd LOL.

I hate it when people try to create a new narrative LOL

All I said was, he ain't beating Leonard. He ain't beating Hagler. And that he ain't a top 5 ATG. MY Opinion. People can be mad at it I dont give a flying f'k.

Did I say he looked washed, as you seem to be implying? No I didnt. So My point was there are OTHERS who didn't look washed when it was perceived they were already past their peak prime. Let's not twist my words here.

And I also mentioned how Floyd retired like 3-4 times in his prime. So whatever you and I choose to believe are the true reasons he retired, it is what it is. Period.

I even said Floyd was a great of his era. Is he THE greatest of the 00-20 era? That's up for serious debate and at the end of the day it's on the EYE of the beholder.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom