OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The team isn’t and hasn’t been built well rounded for years. They take a ridiculous amount of 3s. They make them they win, they miss them they lose. Period.

It was hilarious when people here were saying moving Capela is gonna make the Rockets better too. They have no business playing a game 7 in round 1. None. That’s inexcusable, this analytics garbage went way too far.
Nah, trading him revived Russ. He actually had a pretty good turn around once the paint cleared up

Their issue is also allowing a bunch of layups to CP and Dennis. You need a rim protector against penetrating guards, which OKC has 3 of. Its not about 4th qtr execution, this series has no business going to 7

there’s no kawhi kd steph Lebron on the Rockets so you probably weren’t winning a title anyway so you have to credit Morey for creating enough variance and chaos to give harden and Houston a shot

I love the fact that they shoot so many 3s. It’s the single biggest reason (And defense in 2018) why they are as good as they are

You have to have top 10 OAT types to win it all. Harden isn’t that. Morey has circumvented that lack of top tier talent. Can’t be mad at that

Russ has played with more great players than I think anyone in the history of the NBA, yet the Rockets traded Capela to give Russ more space? Please. That was a dumb move, Russ will be Russ. Doesn’t matter if he plays with Kendrick Perkins or Capela.

You need a lob threat, you need someone that can alter shots in the paint against penetrating guards. The rockets did this to themselves.

Imo all this is moot if James Harden plays better in clutch situations.

James just has to play better.

Also I just can't believe that Morey really thinka James Harden should never shoot from the mid-range, like he's not dumb he has access to the same numbers we have. Ain't no number that's going to tell you an open mid ranger from James harden in a half court set against a locked in playoff defense is a bad shot.

James should def go to the mid range more in clutch situations. If he's not doing that j put that on him.

You can never come back from missing 27 straight 3 pointers against one of the best teams ever. I hope we lose this game 7.

Blow this Rockets team up and Morey can go too. DAntoni already has one foot out anyways for the Pacers job.

Their issue is also allowing a bunch of layups to CP and Dennis. You need a rim protector against penetrating guards, which OKC has 3 of. Its not about 4th qtr execution, this series has no business going to 7
To be fair, HOU doesn't have a healthy Russ so it kind of skews what the series really could have been. I had it HOU in 6 and am upset they didn't get it done lol

Cap space be damn

I bet the Clippers would rather have CP over Harell Lou and Bev.

I mean Houston has been the way better team this series. It’s going 7 because they’re mental midgets
That game 3 inbound was terrible but you refuse to also give credit to the Thunder who have been the best clutch team for the whole year.

Cap space be damn

Hell yeah lol that’s revisionist history

Chris Paul for Lou Bev dekkerTrez was looked at as a win for Houston and got them the closest they’ve been to a title since dream

can’t fault process there

CP keep upping that trade value! Seriously though, do you think anyone would take him on now that the narrative on him is so much different 1 year later?

new cba gonna have another amnesty clause. Y’all amnesty CP3. Detroit uses it on Blake. They both come byke to LA :smile:

Cap space be damn

Would that even be possible tho lol. To the point, a healthy/in shape Harrell, Lou and Bev is kinda what you need to fill out a two pillar team. If it was possible to have CP + George + Leonard who knows what the rest of the roster looks like

I said at the beginning of the year the Thunder's rotation was pretty good. Push the starters minutes up + Schroeder and the recent young guys (Dort, Bazley) and you got a good team.

They have the third best record since November.

I think all Houston’s 3 wins have been by an avg of 20 or something
Their game 3 loss they were up 102-97 with like 50 secs left

they’ve been clearly the better team. CP3 has been great and proven me wrong but this series going 7 is more about Houston than okc.

Clippers went 6 games against a mavs team who had Porzingis for like 1 game.

The Thunder are a much better team than that mavs team to be fair.

And much like Houston, that series wasn’t as close as the 6 games would suggest either

they were up by 20 or more in 4 of the 6 games, including the last 3 and held Dallas to under 100 in the closeout game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom